Home

Moldy Crow

michael_collins

My brain is still mush on this whole Dune topic, but I read George Lucas designed the DT with Justin Chiang (concept artist for the prequal movies and the designer and writer of DF and JK).

I know for a fact Chiang was responsible, its on a bunch of sites. But George really wanted in on that project and helped design the DT. I read this on a few sites.

Now just what does this have to do with the Crow?

I think it'd be cool to go INSIDE the Crow, but it would be to big to go inside and it's too late for the makers to do this I think...

Yep, that's what I was trying to say. No clue why I said it'd be big...

Although, in JK it is pretty darned crammed. Kyle sits in the nose with Jan behind him. I presume there is a cargo area behind that and that's pretty much all...

I'm not asking for you guys to do that, I'm just talking again...

• 2 weeks later...

While waiting for the demo to reload (for the fiftieth time today :D), I was gaping at the Crow on the loading screen and noticed the windows are see through. Check it out! It would be hard to near impossible to have spotted that on the pixly DOS screen.

But I was thinking that it'd be kind of neat to make the ports see through during gameplay. That way, you could actually see Jan flying the ship! I saw Infinity_Blade's model for Jan, and frankly, that is just one of the coolest things I've seen for this mod. I can't wait to have her at my side on Jabba's ship. But why limit it to that? If the ports are capable of being see through, I suggest it be done and Jan be placed in the pilots seat once she is completed...

Landing gear should be added also. You don't get the chance to see it in DF, but it is seen once in JK.

For those of us who haven't played JK, the following is a spoiler!

In a cutscene, the Crow is visible resting on some landing gear in front of Morgan Katarn's old house. It's right before the level in which Kyle first arrives on the planet of the Valley of the Jedi. That is the only time we see it.

In DF, you never see the Crow on the ground in cutscenes, and the landing gear would have been too hard to render on the bulky ingame Crow model when it was parked.

So landing gear would be a great addition, though it would necessitate two different models.

The gear itself is roughly the same shape as that of the Raven's Claw; the forward single "foot" is under the cabin (with the windows), while the back two "feet" are under the two engines that stick up into the air.

But I'm getting too technical. ;)

I know the scene you're talking about. But the landing gear, if you look closely, are very small, unlike the Claw's. I doubt you can actually walk under the ship, so it hovers instead. Also, the entrance I know of is on the top of the ship. Its a small circle that I'm sure has an airlock beneath it. There may be a loading ramp on the belly, but I doubt it, it's a really small ship.

Level 3 and 11 are the only levels the Crow lands, by the way. (311, that's funny...)

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

yeah, i think i remember from DF there was an engine sound when the MC came down to land, twas pretty cool. dont remember it from the demo tho.

The Moldy Crow landing sound is actually included in the demo, but MilesTeg opted to use a different sound - a continuous engine sound - rather than the landing sound. We'll probably make some adjustments to the landing at the Secret Base since it IMO it took to long to circle around and stuff . . .

Archived