Home

What can bring JK2 back, respond...how would you do it.

Naphtali

I for one think that now the forums are slowly declining that now will be the time JK2 starts to peak.

Like MOTS and JK their have to be some good level makers and story tellers out their, and their are story tellers who simply don't have the know how to do in game cinematics, scripting and other things, if you have ideas then get around that hurdle, becaue realisticly, Tales of a mercenay, Birth of a mercenary which some of us original fans remember are examples of levels that made it all interesting and added replay to it all.

What do you think of this respond

someone has to take the levels and alter them and make a new story with new characters and new objectives(maybe use the Expanded Universe). The bad guy has to be someone way more badass than that stupid dino fag dessan. he blows big ones! The sith war Would be pretty badass. but since i have now knowledge of any modding I should probably keep to myself.

lots of stuff is being made and released but file sites are slacking. that's what I would change. i know it's not easy, but someone needs to make a site that's dependable and actually posts all the new files. or jk2files.com, jediknightii.net, and jedioutcastmaps.com should combine and create one huge and awesome file site. but that probably won't happen. until that happens though, jk2 will be slowly dying......

Easy, an official expansion pack with more maps , models, and skins!! I truly believe that this game was rushed out in an attempt to make its release correspond with Episode 2. This fact is obvious when you look at the limited skins and maps.

Lucas and Raven need to humble themselves and talk to the modelers / mappers that frequent these forums. I've played some awesome third-party maps and have been amazed at the detail of the 3rd party skins / models.

My main complaints are as follows. The 3rd party maps, and sometimes skins, take forever to D/L from a host site. In addition most 3rd party maps offer no BOT support. The result is that many players hit ESC when they see the lengthy D/L time. I start the game, and log on to a server, to play not D/L.

If all of us had a majority of the skins / maps, this would not be an issue. An expansion pack is one of the big answers.

A triple bladed saber would rock, 100% block and the saber should cause no damage. Remove all guns, I'm a Jedi Mastor, don't need them. Remove all force powers but heal. Make heal stronger. Slow down the default game speed, it's too fast for me. Make saber throw cause 100% damage, also it should take no force points, I wanna be like Darth Vadooor.

May the force be with you.

There would be a few ways to breath new life into JKII

-Make bots that can play as CTF teams, they would know their positions and act accodringly. Make them good enough to CTF that they could defeat decent teams when used on their highest setting. No more backwards running boring bots.

-Expansion pack, more SP levels

-Release a patch that has all setting the same as 1.02, with the addition of Promod blocking system and damage system. Also keep the invisible absorb.

-Add new saber stylev (double blade)

-Add new weapons (proximity mines would do wonders for CTF defense)

- Add maps for MP

-Add skins, many many skins

-Refuse all suggestions from anyone until they prove themselves to be good players. If they suck you can happily ignore their suggestions, so as to avoid another patching mistake.

That is all, you can start bowing now.

General things, and expansion pack things would help JK2 much.

General things:

Make the patching guys stop listening to n00bs when they complain that people are beating them.

Shrink-wrap ArtifeX and mail him to Rraven in order to help with the expansion pack

Expansion pack things:

Adjust the falling system so you don't get hurt by falling a distance that you could have jumped.

Add some force powers

Adopt the best player-made maps and skins, at least the ones that don't cause any copyright issues. (and pay the original creators some money)

do everything that's in ProMod and JediMod, creating extra game types for the things that shouldn't be standard.

Make some more maps and skins.

Add the ability to grab the edges of stuff to climb up.

Create a user-friendly command console for when there are bots on your team, so that you can tell a bot to defend a certain player, attack a certain player, defend a certain place, and CTF-specific commands like "protect flag", where they defend their flag and attacks anyone who takes it, and "go for the other flag" where they try to get the enemy flag, or defend the player who has it.

Add some more weapons like proximity mines, flamethrowers, and full unarmed.

That is all. Disciple applications will be accepted until Tuesday.

Archived