Home

Double-Blade in SP???

LordDarthMaul

:cool: No, there is no code or downloadable mod or tool that will allow a Double Bladed light-saber in SP. There will not be one any time soon, although there are several tests in progress.

On a side note, since we get this question every coupple of days shouldn't it be made into a sticky?

Here's a repost of Lord Nader's Threads that you combined last week. I'll see if I can scrounge out any more theories or tests in progress.

================

lord nader

Bantha Fodder

================

double bladed saber in Sp

Has anyone made a mod to allow a double bladed saber for SP?

I am almost done with a Darth maul for SP player mod, that includes Darth maul and the darth maul hilt, but all it needs is the double bladed saber. I tried to make a mod to allow a double bladed saber but it ended up not working. Can someone help?

================

ASk

m4d k0d3r

================

impossible sadly

dual saber needs code to be able to be handled. Which can't be done.

================

MattKG

Bantha Fodder

================

Why was the double saber thread locked?!?

I was just about to post an idea in this thread only to find that it was locked:

Not necessarily. It would be possible to create a double-bladed saber model as a glm or md3, bind it to the hand bone in Icarus, and get rid of the regular saber by blacking it out. The second blade wouldn't give damage, but it will give at least some of the visual effect. SaberBattleX from JK1 uses the same method.

================

Covax

Sith Probe Droid

================

That's not a bad idea, but the trick would be the actual 'glow' to the 2nd saber blade, it wouln't match the first one unless you alter both blades... but then you wounldn't be able to extend/retract.

================

ASk

m4d k0d3r

================

*shrug*

I hope you won't be too mad at me.

Anyway, I merged both threads and reopened this one.

Get more ideas, people

================

Covax

Sith Probe Droid

================

More that I think about it the more it becomes possible.

I - We've already got SP Staves, as models, to work. Just look at the Saruman and Gandalf staves. It should be possible to apply a shader so that each end glows at a 'blade' part. The disadvantage would be that:

A - Only the 'top' blade would cut.

B - Visually, the saber would never 'deacivate'.

I think 99% of us can live with that.

II - We KNOW for a fact that the 'light blade' can be moved around in reladion to the 'handle'. The Staff Sabers and the Tonfa/Kightstick PROVE this. So, considering that, it's possible to have a 'bottom' blade that cuts, sacrificing the 'top' one.

III - You can change the size of the Blade, the part that actually does damage, in JediMOD/PLUS, both with the model-sizing and the extendedsaber command. If it is possible to do this in SP then we're set. All someone would have to do is make a light saber blade 2.5 times as large, move it so the model holds it half-way and voila. Agian, this is probably imposssible in SP.

================

Tchouky

Jawa

================

III is impossible sorry.

don't have the sp code.

never have never will....

================

MattKG

Bantha Fodder

================

Is it possible to move the saber blade in SP? Someone who is more knowlodgeable than us should be able to answer that. If so then all you would have to do is extend it and center it around the hilt (although you'd have a little glow showing through the hilt)

I know for one thing that it IS possible to give NPCs ANY saber hilt using ICARUS. Is there ANY way to use ICARUS without compiling it into a level?

================

idontlikegeorge

Wookiee

================

no, cuz the ibi scripts have to be called from the map

hey ask, it was cool that you merged the threads, i didnt know you could do that, that could be a cool feature - hehe i remember counting all the threads on some stupid topic that kept coming up, you just want them all to go into ONE THREAD (is it that hard?)

sorry to go off topic

================

Covax

Sith Probe Droid

================

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all you would have to do is extend it and center it around the hilt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, from what I gather it's quite impossible (or more to the point impractical to the point of being impossible) to extend, multiply or alter the blade itself. It can only be moved as in pointed in a different direction or attached to something else. I was just proposing that someone "fake" a lightstaff.

It also would be cool if we had some animations to go with the lightsaff, like a fusion of the JediMoves and stances from JediMOD/Plus. I kinda fake that in my Remix but it doesn't apply to SP... yet anyways.

================

idontlikegeorge

Wookiee

================

yeah, it isnt that hard to change the stances/moves in sp, but having the animation look right to the damage/swing is kinda hard, even jedimovesbasic with switching red n blue to the onehanded stances isnt seamless

i just wish theyd release the SP source

oh well, all the smart people working on co-ops and stuff for MP would find a workable solution eventually

================

STEVEMFRED

Pit Droid

================

yes i understand, but if they released the sp source code some one might rip them off and copy it and make small alterations to make a new game and steal all the hard work they put into it. stupid morons would do that to, while we harmless editors and gamers want to expand our star wars horizon and play star wars forever....well maybe not forever, but ALOT!

================

Jedi haseco

Pit Droid

================

moving the point of emitting of the saber isnt impossible...it just where the tag_flash is placed. Extending i never delt with, but it seemed that somewhere in there someone said the blade couldn't be moved...and it can and it still does damage with the blade rather than where the blade would be.

:cool: Well... it's possible.. just not practical. I remeber once playing the Emperor's Courthouse level when I got a modeling error and suddenly my lightsaber was in my LEFT hand. Saber throw worked fine but the sword would not be swung the right way unless it was a 2-handed cut (jedimoves was on). And I should tell you about the time Dessan killed me when he had his saber sticking out of his head....

Like I said before it's possible to fake it... if only to keep the fanboys from storming Raven HQ. Since I can't model I'll shut up now...

well these are just models errors...

or memory errors

the saber is not bolted to the right place of the body...

you won't be able to use this bug to have 2 sabers......

so no it's not possible....

unless you are an ASM gode and just decompile the exe and do all the necessary code in assembler ....

well good luck then

yeah, this whole source code thing is a pain. i have a few questions tho:

1. Why hasnt Raven released em yet and why would they wait to release em?

2. Is there any possible way to get the source codes without having to get them from Raven? (like if someone created em, i dont kno if this is possible, just wondering)

3. Does anyone kno when Raven will be releasing these source codes?

1-> the SP code is not compiled into qvms, it's in the jk2 .exe which also contains the q3 engine , which is expensive and not releasable by raven.

2-> No , the only thing you could do is to disassemble the exe and have the code source in ASM , and it's not really easy to modify it for a mod....

3-> never.

Originally posted by Tchouky

1-> the SP code is not compiled into qvms, it's in the jk2 .exe which also contains the q3 engine , which is expensive and not releasable by raven.

Actually the SP code is compiled into .DLL files if I'm not mistaken. I'm not on a computer right now with JK2 installed so I can't check to be sure, but I think the .DLLs are in the gamedata folder instead of the base folder.

hmmm, after reading the bug that covax mentioned i had a question. where does it say to what part of the body the saber is bolted.because if it says it to a specific part(right arm) then couldnt a modeler make the left arm a right arm or something like that.then i dont know if it would create two sabers or the saber would just be stuck to two arms.

• 4 weeks later...

*cough*

I can code a bot that will go to that site the amount of times I tell him to and submit "yay" 200000 times with different emails

Online petitions never work

Besides, they can't publish the code since the Q3 engine is copyrighted by iD and their SP code is tied in the engine and will not compile without it. They can't distribute the engine.

• 1 month later...

Archived