Home

New Anakin Skywalker model released by Vahl

KMan

his head looks like a button on top of a blanket (his body)

i agree that he looks a little too buff...

After finally getting it to work, I must say I agree. He looks like a frickin bodybuilder.

However, I think a reskin would be quite suitable for a basic Jedi Padawan.

Good idea.

eh? you really think this is a better model than -Tercero-'s WIP?

the face looks almost nothing like Anakin, the body is definetly too large for the head and I cant get over how ugly his boots are.

he reminds me of the player models in Theif II.

Yuck.

NOTE im not comparing it to Terceros model. Im comparing it to a Hayden C, or just a plain old human for that matter. GEEEE Gaz. He looks like an alien.

I will say this .......The skin aint too shabby i like it. Kinda tries to compensate for the model but not enough.

Cheers to the skinner.

:beam2:

Give the guys a break man! I would really like to see -Tercero- get his model done sooner, lol and these ppl, like released it way way way way way sooner, so, think of this as a Warmup and give the guys some credit

Edit : Sorry lol i meant credit not credits

hey kman, i have a problem, maybe you can help:

I converted this model to SP, but when i start a new game, the model doesnt show up (yes the pk3 is in the base folder, and i did save changes to the pk3). i go into console and it says in yellow "unable to load shader for (fill in image path)"

for one of them it says "unable to load shader for nodraw", not sure what this means (btw, im not sure if that is the exact message, but if you dont kno what it usually looks like, delete somethin from the pk3 (one of the image files, such as mouth_eyes.jpg or somethin) and save the pk3 without that image and start a new game, and it will give that message in the console. any help would be great.

After using it in-game, I won't even re-skin it to use it as another type of character... it looks like a person in a nightmare, where parts of the body are deformed. The neck is like toothpick skinny, the shoulders and arms are fat and broad, the hands are tiny, when you swing in red the shoulders turn thin (so thin you almost can't see them) and deform weirdly. Should've been beta tested before release, I think. And i'm not even bashing it! This is criticism of what I see, so remember that before anyone tries to flame me. KMan, I think they should've accepted your help on this one. At least the skin would've been decent.

-Anakin

I dont think its cool for you guys to bash this guys model, or compare it to another model and say how much better that one is. Im sure this guy tried his best. And just because Tercero is clearly going for anakin perfection doesn't mean that this is a bad model at all. I believe someone mentioned something like "how could Kman find this model better than Terceros" noone said he did. he was probably giving more publicity to a fellow polycounter. instead of saying how much better Terceros model is why dont you guys comment on the good things about the model

I've tried to say good things about the model, Sith Lord... the problem is, the model *is* racked with problems. And i'm not even talking about accuracy to Anakin. There are problems I mentioned above that shouldn't be in *any* models (i.e. neck too thin, hands too small, body out of proportion, arms sliding off the body while swinging, etc). I had been waiting for this model to come out since news of it was posted way back on the news section of JKii.net. I'm just dissapointed with the results, is all. I think a beta test could've fixed some major problems before it was released.

Archived