Home

Anchorhead / Toschi Station

monsoontide

Hi All,

Yup everyone 'cept me seems to get that crash!

Which is why I have some BAD NEWS.

The update I had planned to release tonight will have to wait til I get this problem sorted out.

(Meanwhile this is a great opportunity to send more more feedback to incorporate!!!)

Really need to beat this problem if SAGA mode is going to be viable.

Am just in the process of widening the platform with the railings where the skyhopper is located!

Monsoontide

P.S. Gonkish: I need to fix this problem with SAGA or else there's no point sending you the map!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah it was the weirdest thing. All of a sudden, every time I tried to join a game it gave me that error. Coincidentally I had just loaded the 1.04 update and I was thinking maybe it took out? Anyway I had to completely uninstall it and the reinstall. And it didn't take the first couple of times. I had to go into the registry and delete a key that was still in there. After that, the next install worked. Good luck!

SunBurN

Originally posted by SunBurN

yeah it was the weirdest thing. All of a sudden, every time I tried to join a game it gave me that error. Coincidentally I had just loaded the 1.04 update and I was thinking maybe it took out? Anyway I had to completely uninstall it and the reinstall. And it didn't take the first couple of times. I had to go into the registry and delete a key that was still in there. After that, the next install worked. Good luck!

SunBurN

Which registry key was it, and how do I go in there?

sorry, I don't remember exactly which key it was or where it exactly it was. I remember desperately searching deep into the registry until I found something that said something about lucasarts. It could've been coincidental because I also used to have Starwars Starfighter installed and it could've been from that.

Anyway, what I ended up doing (since I didn't want to loose the stuff in the base directory) was copied the entire "lucars arts" folder to another drive, renamed it, and then did an uninstall. I may not have needed to, but then I did a full reinstall to a DIFFERENT directory (just in case there was something still pathed in the registry to the old path) and then it worked. So I guess you could try that. I still haven't installed update 1.04 yet...but I guess I'm going to have to. I hope this helps! :)

SunBurN

btw, to get into the registry, depending on which operating system you have, try one of the following:

go to start/run and type in: regedit

or if you're on Win2k/ NT OS you can type in regedit or regedt32.

once you're in, look at HKey_local_machine/software

and Hkey_current_user/software. Look for something that looks like it pertains to lucasarts.

then IF you want to delete a key, click on edit/delete up above from the drop down menu.

Remember, it's always good to do a back up of your registry before you mess with it..just in case you screw something up. Save a copy to your HD somewhere and to a floppy if possible. There should be an option for that under the 'registry' drop down menu. Also remember, don't be afraid of the registry, but be careful what you do because one wrong move, and you cause your OS to crash after you reboot and become unrepairable.

Good luck.

Hi Everyone,

Well, the UPDATE compile is complete - I am just goning to give it a whirl, then I will make a entirely new PK3 file (At the mo I'm just using the old one and it has lots of unecessary textures in it).

So once I've done the bot routing (Should take a couple more hours), I'll upload the UPDATE!!!

Monsoontide.

Ok, an update to tonights events:

I hosted and I'm happy to say the map rocks and is near perfect!

The problem is, Monsoontide could not connect, he kept getting the ui/menus.txt error. So he reinstalled and tried to rejoin (even in regular mode and games) but to no avail.

So, after numerous attempts, he gave up for the night and went to bed. So I decided to try joining from my wife's computer since I had reinstalled everything on it when I reinstalled mine and everything was working again as far as joining and not receiving that error message.

OK I tried to join from my other computer and guess what...I got the ui/menus error again. So I thought, ok, I reinstalled everything..it was working before I updated to 1.04...then it hit me...I also had to change the assets1.pk3 gameinfo.txt on the server (my computer) so saga mode would work and show up in the menu options. So I went in and changed the assets.pk3 on my wife's comp and then reconnected....and it worked!

So if you don't know how to do this. Drag your assets1.pk3 from your base dir to the desktop. (For me, leaving it in the base directory always gave me an error and wouldn't let me save changes).

then go into it and extract gameinfo.txt to your desktop.

add { "Saga" 6 } to the list in two places...it's pretty obvious where it goes. Below is an example:

// Game type info

//

// description, g_gametype enum

//

// 0 - GT_FFA, // free for all

// 1 - GT_HOLOCRON, // ffa with holocrons

// 2 - GT_JEDIMASTER, // jedi master

// 3 - GT_TOURNAMENT, // one on one tournament

// 4 - GT_SINGLE_PLAYER, // single player ffa

// 5 - GT_TEAM, // team ffa

// 6 - GT_SAGA, // saga

// 7 - GT_CTF, // capture the flag

// 8 - GT_CTY, // capture the ysalimari

gametypes {

{ "Free For All" 0 }

{ "Holocron FFA" 1 }

{ "Jedi Master" 2 }

{ "Duel" 3 }

{ "Team FFA" 5 }

{ "Saga" 6 }

{ "Capture the Flag" 7 }

{ "Capture the Ysalimari" 8 }

}

// english name, map name, vs count, par times per gametype valid gametyes for ui

//

maps

{

{ "Bespin" "ffa_bespin" "3" "Kyle" 2 "0" 4 "240" 5 "180" 6 "180" 7 "180" }

}

joingametypes {

{ "All" -1 }

{ "Free For All" 0 }

{ "Holocron FFA" 1 }

{ "Jedi Master" 2 }

{ "Duel" 3 }

{ "Saga" 6 }

{ "Team FFA" 5 }

{ "Capture the Flag" 7 }

{ "Capture the Ysalimari" 8 }

}

Once you've changed this, on your desktop, create folder and name it "ui". Then go in to that folder and create another folder "jk2mp". Then put the updated gameinfo.txt file into the "jk2mp" folder you just created and then add the "ui" folder (containing jk2mp/gameinfo.txt) to your assets1.pk3. (**Note, overwrite if it asks you to, if it doesn't for some reason, delete the old gameinfo.txt then try readding it.)

Then move your assest1.pk3 back into the base folder. That's it.

The path inside your assets1.pk3 should look like this:

gameinfo.txt ui\jk2mp\

After that it should work.

Let me know if you have any questions.

SunBurN

Archived