Home

Anchorhead / Toschi Station

monsoontide

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINAL TEST RELEASE TODAY!

Hey guys, I'm just about to redo the BotRoutes for the changes map, then it'll be up later on today! Hope you like the changes.

(I'll put a list of changes in the ZIP file - Very important as the map now needs to be loaded from the MODS section!!! - No more screwing with the pk3 files to get SAGA working though!)

Sorry TBS_SDF but it's a bit late in the process now - you'll just have to wait til NOV 1st like everyoone else;)

Monsoontide

The final update is now available for download from the usual place. (If you have problems accessing let me know straight away!)

PLEASE READ the readme as it contains important information on NEW INSTALLATION PROCEEDURES - which should take care of problems playing online!

Thanks and enjoy this final test B4 release.

As always ALL COMMENTS/FEEDBACK very much appreciated!

Monsoontide

OK, I've put the screenshots up to my site (address in the signature) in a zip file. I think they explain themselves as last time. :)

1. I really think the inner base areas have to be brighter.

2. The "texture alignment errors" on the screenshots. I'm not sure they really are errors of the map. Not all of them. :)

3. CTF. I tested it for about 15 minutes continuously changing team, and I can say I was mostly spawned somwhere around the Outrider. Only a few exceptions. It didn't depend on which team I joined.

Excellent stuff Leslie! - I hope to take care of most of those problems - except the damn cracks - JK2RADIANT just doesn't have the level of control I need (GTK Radiant does but when compiled, the map no longer works!!!!!)

Any other last feedback from anyone else?

I have to start compiling tomorrow night!

Thanks

Monsoontide

Well, the FINAL TESTING reports are in and there's only a few minor tweaks to be done. FINAL COMP begins tomorrow night while I'm at work and all going well, the map is set to meet it's NOV 1st release date!

Thanks to all who have contributed so far.

Monsoontide.

BTW: You can jump over the air vents! (They're there to catch the unwary!)

P.S. Hopefully will have that CTF spawn problem fixed tomorrow!

:D

Originally posted by monsoontide

BTW: You can jump over the air vents! (They're there to catch the unwary!)

I have difficulty believing I didn't think of that :) I've been outwitted by air vents.....that does it, I'm adding it to the list of things that have outwitted me

Air Vents

Doors

My PC

Chessmaster on the easiest difficulty setting

Maths

Don't feel bad, I haven't been successful at it either. I've tried it a few times but I always get blown to kingdom come :) So I've become leary of the strange powerful black squares built into the walls and I find ways around them.

I'll try again...but unless you have to time the jump just right or something...I think I'll just get blown off again :)

SunBurN

It can be done.... No Really!;)

Well after making a few last minute adjustments and fixes, I set the map to FULLVIS EXTRA compile at 7:00pm tonight!

(FullVis has been taking about 12 1/2 hours to do, so am curious how long this will take!)

I added a couple of 'sand dunes' and a small staircase at street level to help to bots get up on the walls.

Once the map is comped, I will do one last bot routing pass and make certain EVERYTHING is in the PK3 file, then it will be released LATE November 1st!

Monsoontide

Archived