Home

Hogwarts WIP

Eldritch

Unless you can see the outside from the inside, I don't want any screenshots of that. If there's something like a courtyard that's surrounded by walls or something, you can take pictures of that though. And I found these... maybe they'll help you get thru the game more quickly.

Cheat Codes

Debug mode; press [F7] to disable harrydebugmodeon

Unknown harrysuperkoresh

Restores health harrygetsfullhealth

Super jumps harrysuperjump

Big jumps harrynormaljump

15 beans harrytriggercheat

Invisibility harrykoresh

Silent walking1 harrykorwalk

Level select:

Enable the harrydebugmodeon code, then return to the main menu. Press [F1] through [F4] to switch to various locations, or press [F5] for all of them.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got it. The pictures look nice... i'm wondering though - I just dled a copy of the game myself, but am not sure how to install it... perhaps you could send me an email of how you installed yours?

The way mine works is it's got a self-extracting zip which extracts the warez file that extracts the game... but the warez wants to know where to install it and after that, I just don't know. Little help. :)

P.S. - Like the new avatar, by the way

I just make a new folder on ym desktop go into the fodler copy the link on top paste it where it says where you want it to extract then after its done i go into the folder and either it has the installation in it or it is just the already installed part.

Yugioh, if I can get the game working, I won't need you to take any more screenshots for me. You've already been immensely helpful - if you want a new project, I can give you one...

In other news, i've been working on the ceiling in the great hall... posted 3 new screens on the webpage (the last one in 3rd person view so you have an idea of how big the place really is).

Also have thrown in some of the textures that Yugioh found and I have formated for use in the game. Hope you like them... they still need a little tweaking but for now they're ok.

http://www.hogwarts-wip.tk

:EDIT: Yugioh, are you sure that you sent it to the right email address? I haven't gotten any mail from you yet...

Originally posted by Yugioh79

yeah im sure i sent it to you. I pushed the email button under your name. sure i will work on a new project :p

Lookin Great !!!!!

Hmm... it didn't go thru, nor did one I just tried to send myself from the forums... try sending it directly to chrisjahosky@cfl.rr.com

Also, new project... not sure if you can do this BUT I figured I'd ask anyway. I'd like a new skybox, preferably nighttime to be made for the map. Also I need some way to make the ceiling in the Great Hall look like the night sky, but also be able to see the architecture behind it. So my idea is a semi-transparent moving shader thing that looks like the night sky (with clouds and stars and whatnot).

So if you think you can do it (the skybox and the nightsky ceiling) that's your new project. :D If you can't, let me know.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on the map.

Thanks. Those torches (and the things holding them) are really just placeholders... the grey blocky spots on the wall holding the torches will eventually be gargoyles, and the torch will be bigger. Next I have to add detail to the windows, add the big window behind the teacher's table, add chairs and plates/cups, add the doors, add the floating candles and finalize the textures and the Great Hall is finished - then I can get onto the rest of Hogwarts. :D

ummmm i really havent learned anything about the shader files or the skyboy things :( but i would love to learn how. if you know any tutorials on how to make them i would make the skybox and the shader. I have the tools to do it but do not know how to use them. I would spend all day on it tomorrow because i have no school :p

i sent you an email

it will probably be tomorrow even before i even try to start on the shader. but i will spend all day on it and i am looking forward to having no school tomorrow!!!!! :eek:

I've got my last day of midterms tomorrow... just Calculus, but that class is pulling down my entire GPA so i've got to do well on it. God I hate college. :sigh:

Taking 16 credits this semester...

Calculus

Religion

Western Humanities

Oceanography (Astronomy was full, so I had to take this)

Biology

Haven't declared a major yet... something in game design (kind of like what i'm doing as an amateur, lol) would be ideal but i'm not sure what to take for that. I used to write code back in high school but that got WAY too boring, so I wouldn't want to write the code for the games. I'd design 'em, though.

That is kewl i wish i was out of school so i could go to college and do what im interested in. Im going to do computer programing...

Good luck with that. I just found it too boring for me to do for the rest of my life. But let's not clog up the thread with this personal stuff. If you want to continue this chat, let's do it in PMs.

Yugioh,

Anything you get done today with the shaders don't post publicly... send me an email with it - I wouldn't want stuff to get out before the map is ready, it would just ruin it. :D

Do try to make the ceiling shader as big as you can... 1024x1024 if at all possible, I think it will look better at a larger resolution.

Good luck.

Archived