Home

Use your AOL cd's in a meaningful way...

Riffage

oh yes, i best youve heard that one before with the 100 things to do with your AOL's freeby cd's. well this is a new idea, send them all to one address, when they have 1 million cd's they are going to transport them to AOL headquarters and dump them there, scrached of course so they cant be used again.... one work to describe this project? FUN!

SEND IN YOUR AOL CD'S!!!!

http://www.nomoreaolcds.com/

http://www.nomoreaolcds.co.uk/

Personally, I think it would be a lot more effective if everyone who received an AOL CD actually *used* their 100 free hours.

Of course, that would take a lot of masochists, but I bet AOL would stop handing them out pretty quick.

.... one work to describe this project?

Terrorism?

At first I thought it was a joke, but I just read their Mission Statement. These Bozos are actually serious, aren't they?

It's a cute idea but have you considered the logistics of it? The average CD weighs in at a conservative 34.5g. So, 1,000,000 of these beauties will come to roughly 35 metric tonnes. (And this is not accounting for the volume that 1,000,000 CDs would require). By the way ... I am not including the packaging here ... just the disk itself.

Assuming that this little organisation can accomodate that volume and weight, are they actually considering the money and effort involved in shipping it back to AOL-Time Warner? I doubt that a little dot-com can handle the problems inherant in this scheme. And if they ,somehow, succeed, how will they hold off the legal charges (and subsequent fees) that this meglomaniacal corperation will levy against them? The sad thing is ... they aren't joking and honestly think that they are providing a service. If the image wasn't so sad it would be laughable. It's as silly as trying to combine a bunch of forums into one ... naw, too easy.

And what if they don't receive the 1,000,000 CDs they are asking for? ... How will they choose to dispose of them, then? They ain't helping the environment that they claim to love. If you are idiotic enough to believe in this project, then you DESERVE to keep your AOL service.

**edit**

Okay, they actually did the math for volume and weight:

http://www.nomoreaolcds.com/FAQ.html

Their estimates are half of mine. They could be right ... math is not my strongest suit, but they fail to take into account the time and man-power it would take to load these CDs onto a single truck, as they propose. They are selling hogwash. They are worse than AOL.

Terrorism?

Um, yes, sure. And a dog pissing at a tree is a terrorist as well.

By the way ... I am not including the packaging here ... just the disk itself.

Do you think somebody would mail the CDs in their cases? I would certainly want to keep the shipping costs as low as possible.

And if they ,somehow, succeed, how will they hold off the legal charges (and subsequent fees) that this megalomaniacal corporation will levy against them?

They return CDs nobody (sane) asked for to the sender. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

How will they choose to dispose of them, then? They ain't helping the environment that they claim to love.

Look, they don't produce the CDs, AOL does.

Everybody: It's CDs, not CD's!!!

Originally posted by raVen_image

how will they hold off the legal charges that this meglomaniacal corperation will levy against them?

what legal charges? they are returning unwanted mailings, its legal to send them back, youd think they would send them back to get into legal troubles

Archived