Home

Cantina Cloud Cartography Pack

Jeff Walters

Figured I'd do a forum post about it since with the file server probs it'll be a few days before the file is on JK2.net.

The #cantina_cloud has released the Cantina Cloud Cartography Pack after much laziness delayed it's release :p The CCCP is a 7 level multiplayer pack featuring the following levels: Matrix Lobby, by Void. Return to Mt. Kurek, by me. Gaspoet, by Dracard. Inexistence, by Gonk. River of Blood FFA, by Wazzit. Sanctuary, by Gonk and Evening Glow, by Tee.

You can currently get the file @ Massassi (http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2456.shtml) and hopefully in a few days here as well.

The official page for the pack is http://www.cantinacloud.com/index.php?page=cccp

The official page for the CCCP video trailer (which came out a month and a half ago) is http://www.cantinacloud.com/index.php?page=cccptrailer

One thing to note, only a few levels have bot support. My level, in particular, isn't pathed because it's design is somewhat bot unfriendly :)

PS - My level, Return to Mt Kurek, is a homage of sorts to the old Dark Forces community (hence the names of some key editors on the map's edge. Please note I didn't have enough room to include all those worthy of mention. No offence intended to those names left out).

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Nice pack. But I downloaded riverofblood2 a long time ago...

Shame bot support is limited to two of the maps. :(

The version of ROB2 in the pack is FFA, the previous release was just Duel I think.

As for bot support, aye :( I can't speak for the other authors but the reason it was left out of my level was that it seemed virtually impossible to get the bots to use the airlifts properly. The level is just too vertical for them I think. It boiled down to either leaving bot support out or nerfing the airlifts a lot :-/

Originally posted by Jeff Walters

The version of ROB2 in the pack is FFA, the previous release was just Duel I think.

As for bot support, aye :( I can't speak for the other authors but the reason it was left out of my level was that it seemed virtually impossible to get the bots to use the airlifts properly. The level is just too vertical for them I think. It boiled down to either leaving bot support out or nerfing the airlifts a lot :-/

Good point! Glad you left the air lifts in!

I am decent at routing levels, mind if I give it a shot?

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Good point! Glad you left the air lifts in!

I am decent at routing levels, mind if I give it a shot?

Nah I wouldn't waste the time Darth. We're not aiming to put any other versions of the pack out there or release the levels individually....well...except for that other version of ROB2....but only because that came out pre-pack :D

Archived