Home

WIP Episode I Obi-Wan by Tex360, Arco, NeoMarz1, and Myself

Toonces

Originally posted by theallianz

great work!!! after downloading it i immediately made my own SP conversion and played with him in SP. i always hated Kyle (sorry for Kyle lovers) and converting him to Obi was really great!

all the Obi variations were great! i see there were 2 Obis there. the one is "ep1_obi" and "epii_obi". why made two obis? I think those two are both Obi-Wan. well personally, I liked ep1_obi. :D

thanks again, ur d best modeller in the whole world! ;)

cool could you post a alink to that conversion? Or......Do you not feel like sharing(i won't complain)?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cool could you post a alink to that conversion? Or......Do you not feel like sharing(i won't complain)?

http://theallianz.tripod.com/kyle2obi.zip

this is just a very simple conversion of replacing Kyle with Obi-Wan in SP. i think many of you do this but since someone has asked me to post one, so then here it is. :)

this is from the "epii_obi" because i feel he looks more Obi-Wan than the "epi_obi" (though I like ep1_obi more). and he doesn't wear his robes here.

but if ever Toonces or anyone behind the Obi model creates a new SP conversion, I suggest u download them instead of this! and surely i would also download that!;)

Originally posted by SpYzEr

Wow guys, great model! One problem tho: it may just be me but the anakin, green, and ep1_obi/robed variations dont show up in the right hand corner (like when your ahead). But i looked in the pk3 and saw that they both had icons... whats wrong?

they don't show up because the icons are named "icon_default_anakin" and "icon_default_green", while the skins are "model_anakin" and "model_green".

Originally posted by boinga1

they don't show up because the icons are named "icon_default_anakin" and "icon_default_green", while the skins are "model_anakin" and "model_green".

Must be when Toonces set up the files for the new release. Cant believe its not working, maybe I'll get another version out there. Mars out!

Wow, i haven't been around for awhile and when i come back i see all these great models released! (with my soundpacks of course) :D

I've spent most of my time playing BF1942 lately but now that i can finally play as Mace, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan i'm gonna have to fire up JK2 again for sure. Just want to say congrats to Toonces, Arco and Marz for the awesome work they've done. I am very proud to have been involved even if it was just a small part, i hope everyone likes the sounds!

Originally posted by Valo

hey toonces i was fooling around with youe awesome obi- wan model, giving him dark hair and a scar and i came past a little problem with the chest.

can u or someone else tell me whats wrong.

http://www.geocities.com/newtype4985/ville-model.jpg

you have to vreate a .surf file to surf off the torso, r_arm, and l_arm, but to make ModView look right, you need to go to "surfaces", find the above parts, right click, and turn them off. there is a way to make .surf files with modview, but i don't know how.

heh, I don't do the screenies, but send it in, you never know ;)

Valo, take a look inside the pk3 and open up a .skin file. For the robed versions I had to turn off the r_arm, l_arm, and torso. There is a secondary torso called torso_robe that is a little smaller so it reduces clipping when you use the robe.

Originally posted by Valo

i dont quiet understand what a .surf file is and what it does, i have seen these .surf files in the obi file but i dont know what they do. how would i create one?

Valo, just create a file in WordPad and enter the following line:

surfOff "r_arm l_arm torso"

Now save the file and exit, then rename the filename to model_default.surf (or whatever name applies to your .skin file). Check to make sure it worked by reopening the file. If this doesn't work, make a copy of an existing .surf file and change the contents to fit.

To everyone who worked on this great model:

I've written this into the forum some time ago. I wanted to make a Young emperor clone (the one from Dark Empire) skin for your Ep1 Obi-Wan model.

Now I have finished some parts, and I want to know if I am allowed to publish it eventually. Without your permission I won't do that.

I also used some parts of the skin, some are from Mars, some from Arco. So I need your permission as well.

Of course I will include your original readme and give give all credits to it's original authors.

I wanted to write you an e-mail, but I couldn't find Arco's address and Toonces, your's is not working.

And last but not least here is a screenshot of my skin so you can see I didn't harm your work :)

young_emp.jpg

The skin is not finished, there are some parts that will be fixed or made better, but you can get an idea how it looks like.

edit: here's a pic from the official star wars hp.

swdehbkcover1_sm.gif

Thanx again for this model.

Hey Toonces I have a question I was talking to my friend Neoshal the other day I forgot how to spell his name I have not seen him in game in four days hes also known as gf_NeroAngelo1. Anyways he told me you are gonna make a Sith Obi without the robe and I was wondering if this is true could you send it to me as well.

Archived