Home

Bond, James Bond

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by ZDawg

mmm... Bond... Which is the best one?

Don't know. Personally I like Connery, Moore and Brosnan. :D

as for Nightfire...tried it on my home PC, which has an Athlon 850, 256Mb RAM and a Radeon 9700 pro. It ran a little smoother...so for some reason it's graphics intensive. However, the Ai remains terrible. You shoot one guy, he goes down with two shots. You shoot the next guy...it takes two clips. You have a gunfight on a balcony...and the guy standing ten feet away continues 'patrolling' the area, totally oblivious to the fact his comrades have all been massacred. You zoom in and shoot from a distance and take out a guy standing next to two other guys...and they don't react at all. Then you move one step closer...and suddenly there are three guys firing at you, with dead-on accuracy, and you're dead in one second.

Needless to say, I uninstalled the demo, and I won't be getting the game. I just don't understand how Gearbox could have messed up so badly this time around. :(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must disagree here:

The best James Bond was Roger Moore, and the best James Bond film was "Octo*****", closely followed by "The Man with the Golden Gun". Yep, I'm going to see "Die Another Day" on release night (like I did with "Attack of the Clones" in London, with people like Ian McDiarmid, Christopher Lee and I managed to catch a glimpse of George Lucas' head), and I think "007: NightFire" will beat all the other James Bond games, simply because it is coming out on everything, each version is different and the gameplay is much better, more varied!

I think that's everything... oh, do pay attention, 007!

Right, you already stated how you feel on the matter in the earlier post........there's no need to do it again (it's called doube posting, a no-no :tsk: ). I was simply stating my opinion on the matter.......

There is no point in getting in a back and forth "who's better" discssion that will ultimately turn into flaming and me sending this :vamp1: after you!! :D

You could just pm with that question instead of making a post....

Anywhooo,Holo-sid has about 7 different accounts with LF-that is why "ppl are after him." A person like that can't be trusted (duh?). It wouldn't be bad if he didn't try to deceive everyone....and no it is not normal for LF, you shouldn't have 7 different names/accounts in the first place, it is not allowed. He cheated the system.

EDIT-The swamp is the best/friendliest place to be!! IMO!:D

I am happy this place is a friendly place! Holo-Sidious sounds evil to me... and I know it's not usual for people to have more than one account. Don't worry: juggling names and passwords is hard enought for me, with my e-mail account and LucasForums! Deceiving people is nasty, too. You should just be yourself, then no-one has anything against you.

Some advice there from your friendly neighbourhood Count of Seranno!

I had a thought today, and yes I have many weird thoughts like this. I think Peirce Brosnan is the best Bond Since Sean Connery, however if Brosnan were to retire(like Micheal Keaton did in Batman), who would be a the new James Bond?

I'm gonna get blasted for this, but I don't care.

I think Ewan McGregor would make an excellent 007. :D

this is all too familiar,

I collect bond books and also teh films.

I was buying one a month of the bond films on VHS back before they released DVD's LOL. well i had all but 2 i forget which, then all of a sudden the bond films were withdrawn form the shops and you could only get the entire collection as a box set. £150!!! Idont think sooooooo!

anyways they repackaged the films and re-released on video. I know its a nit-pick but they changed the cover and the two new films i bought were odd compared to teh others, this pee'd me off for ages then one day i took the cover out of the sleeve only to find that the original packaging was on the reverse!!!! LOL

I had even sent a letter of complaint to MGM/UA about it by then, i felt like such a plonker !!!:o

Oh yeah forgot to say:-

Did you get hold of Never say Never Again, its very hard to find so if you have it already you are a lucky fella!

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I had a thought today, and yes I have many weird thoughts like this. I think Peirce Brosnan is the best Bond Since Sean Connery, however if Brosnan were to retire(like Micheal Keaton did in Batman), who would be a the new James Bond?

I'm gonna get blasted for this, but I don't care.

I think Ewan McGregor would make an excellent 007. :D

groove my man, this requires a poll, shall you do the honours or shall I?

psssst i hear robbie *spits on the floor* williams is in the running!!!

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

this is all too familiar,

I collect bond books and also teh films.

I was buying one a month of the bond films on VHS back before they released DVD's LOL. well i had all but 2 i forget which, then all of a sudden the bond films were withdrawn form the shops and you could only get the entire collection as a box set. £150!!! Idont think sooooooo!

anyways they repackaged the films and re-released on video. I know its a nit-pick but they changed the cover and the two new films i bought were odd compared to teh others, this pee'd me off for ages then one day i took the cover out of the sleeve only to find that the original packaging was on the reverse!!!! LOL

I had even sent a letter of complaint to MGM/UA about it by then, i felt like such a plonker !!!:o

Oh yeah forgot to say:-

Did you get hold of Never say Never Again, its very hard to find so if you have it already you are a lucky fella!

Actually it is not that hard to find. It's not an official Bond release, and I have seen it for sale up at Sam's Club(a wholesale division of Wal-Mart)for like $8 I think. I think I will get it sometime this week. What I really want now though is Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever, Octo*****, and The Living Daylights, because these are a few of my other favorites.

Ewan McGregor huh? Very interesting........though I think the ppl from England wouldn't like it much, with McGregor being Scottish and all, the accents are different. Who's to say? No question he's a good actor!

My choice for bond if they got rid of Pierce would be..........the actor who plays Legolas, what's his name again?? I think he's English. *shrugs* Did you see him in that "making of" part, he had a crazy mowhawk!!

:D

EDIT-JFI, I saw a preview tonight for the Bond moives on TBS!! Probably at least a week away......lets get excited!!! :p

James Bond, Sean Connery, and Ewan McGregor all have Scottish backrounds. Read here , you'll love it. Ewan is an amazingly versatile actor and could do wonders for the role of a lifetime. He's perfect for the part. :)

Edit- The misake MGM keeps making is they keep hiring the right actors, but late in life. Moore was pretty old when he started and so is Pierce(the greys are really showing now). Why not getting younger lad like Ewan to freshen up the bloodline?:cool:

Ewan doesnt really have the Bond look. Hes a great actor but I dont see him right for Bond. Brosnan is the best Bond IMHO. even if hes getting old for the part. Theyll get another one when the time comes. This may be Brosnans last Bond. Hes done 4 of em and 20 is a good number to end on.

Ewan McGregor would be great, soent matter that he is scottish, he is still a British subject. How about a black Bond? now that would shake the system.

I can hear them now "ooh its just not cricket!" bla bla bla.

Sean Bean would have been a great Bond but alas he was a baddie in goldeneye.

The only condition with Bond is that he isnt played by an American actor, I think most Brits would be disgusted by that.

It still confounds me that they chose George Lazenby for the Bond in OHMSS, its the best bond story by far and he was such a bad actor it made my teeth stand on end!

Dear God, i just realized who is gonna be the next bond. you know its gonna be that fop Hugh Grant...:mad:

twenty quid says he's the next bond.

That just goes to show you how talented those actors are.....they can adapt to any role they need to play. You know, I've always thought that they have picked actors that were a little "too old." They have been old enough as to where they could only play James Bond for a number of years.......they do need to bring in someone younger.

Is there really talk about replacing Pierce?? If so is Ewan a candidate?? Or is this just your hope? Honestly, the more I think about it, well.........I can't argue at all against Ewan. *shrugs* A great actor for sure. Would just need to put on a few more pounds of muscle. I've seen some interviews with him.....his pretty skinny!

Hugh Grant would ruin the Bond franchise quicker than George Clooney ruined Batman.

When I think of Hugh Grant, I think of idiots, pretty boys, and chick flicks. He's much to prissy for the part.

Ewan may not be the perfect look but he does have the talent, and the charm. I could see him as 007 easy.

As far as wether it's Brosnan's last film, I honestly don't know, I just know he's getting older, and I thought this would be an interesting topic of discussion, so I brought it up. :)

And a good topic of discussion it is!!

If this movie does well, I think Pierce will be around for the next one for sure. If it doesn't do so well, I think he may just get kicked aside......:(

I did really like Goldeneye! :cool:

Btw-I don't ever want to hear Hugh Grants name and 007 brought up in the same sentence!!!! please.....that would be my worst nightmare!!!

Archived