Home

jan

JEDI OUTCAST

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got tired of working on Kyle last night, so I started doing some stuff for the Jan model instead.

I figured since there hasn't been alot of forum talk, I'd give you guys just a little bit of something...

This is just to give you an idea of how I plan to do Jan. I've already started altering the model, and put some basic textures on there to make it a little more interesting.

Here you go:

Jan Model Image

Might have another update on stuff soon....

Gonna take a break now.... Catchya Later!

Originally posted by Katarn07

Hey, the depixeled Jan looks really good, StormHammer. What art program do you use to do stuff like that?

Also, the colors aren't right yet, but like you said, what can you expect in a half an hour...

Hey, sorry about not getting back to you sooner. I had a hard disk crash, lost some data, and I've only just got everything back up to speed. :(

Anyway...all I did for depixeled Jan was take the original screen grab, use the Clone tool to get rid of some of the text, smudged and blended the rest...then colourised (slightly) what remained. I also smudge/blended all the rough edges, etc., and came up with that pic.

I wasn't really focusing on the colour at all...I just wanted to give it a little definition, because it was all still sepia-looking.

Anyway, I used Paintshop Pro 7. I like the colourise, smudge, lighten, darken, airbrush tools in that program, so I use it a lot. It's cheap, supports Layers, and gets the job done. Maybe one day I'll move up to Photoshop...when I can afford it. :(

If anyone wants me to, I'll do a proper rendering with better colouring and detail...and maybe give her some legs, if someone gives me a good enough reference to work with. :)

infinity_blade...great job on that model. It looks really good. I can't wait to play this mod. :cool:

For the skin, I plan on making my own interpretation of jan, based upon the entire series while focusing on her looks in what resource material I have to go by for DF.

And as far as the model, I know what you mean. That part is exactly the same as JO Jan'sat the moment. I plan on having it somewhat baggy, but perhaps not quite so much.

Probably in between the DF Jan mission screen and the regular vest's width. I'll probably have a more well defined pic for you guys in a couple weeks.

I'm gonna be taking a break from working on JO stuff for at least the next few days.

Hope you guys enjoy the demo!

As long as there is a secret level with her in a bathing costume (or less) then I'm happy :D

But seriously, as long as she is more 3D than that god damn original sprite then I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome! Jan Ors rules! Just try and keep the model nice and slim and don't make anything too baggy!

If you get the Tavion mod, Jan wears nothing more than a strip across her chest, a thong, and boots. She is a stripper at some night club. Two are dancing in a glass cage, and a third one can be found in a Rebel officers room, lying on his bed...

Back to why I came here. Will Jan be smart while at your side in Jabba's ship? I mean, if you spawn people into a level, they're stupid. But if they are scripted, they're pretty good. Do you know if you can script things properly yet?

This also applies for Crix Madine in level 6

Archived