Home

A movie starring a tractor....

Boba Rhett

0,,2002491174,00.jpg

FARMER Harold Beer is reaping the rewards of starring in a movie featuring dirty and harrowing scenes.

He has sold 3,000 copies of the hour-long video showing him proudly displaying his carefully greased ... TRACTOR.

Harold, 47, is seen seeding, ploughing and hedge trimming with the vintage grey Ferguson. The climax has him doing the mucky job of earth moving. The film, titled Ferguson On

The Farm, is being snapped up for £15.95 by fans of the vehicles from Canada to Australia.

It has even won a best video “Oscar” from Tractor and Machinery magazine.

0,,2002491175,00.gif

Earthy scene from hit video.

Harold is now set to launch a sequel, Ferguson On The Farm 2.

He has four Fergys which he inherited from his dad who bought them new in 1949.

The ground-breaking tractors were once a familiar sight on almost all UK farms and have a cult following around the world.

Harold, who has 600 acres at Warkleigh, Devon, said:

“We’ve been inundated with calls about a sequel to the video.

0,,2002491176,00.gif

Newswheel ... a still for the fans

“Some people watch it for the Devon scenery, some are nostalgic about the era and others are interested in the machinery.

“Part 2 is out next week. We still couldn’t fit everything in so there might be a Part 3.”

Harold, who farms with wife Eileen, 55, and daughters Jean, 20, and Gemma, 21, added: “You can’t beat Fergusons. Mine were bought half a century ago and are still going strong.”

Roger Smith, of film production company Old Pond Publishing, said: “It recreates a period of farming in the 1950s and 1960s people think fondly of.”

Err... Now..... maybe seeing a tractor, especially this kind of tractor, isn't an everyday thing for some of you like it is for me but still, why would anyone want to pay 16 bucks for an hour long video of a man using his Ferguson? For me this is like somebody paying to watch me on the computer for an hour. I can look out the window and see this stuff. Heck.. we own almost that exact model of Ferguson. :indif:

It's always them Canadians and Australians I tells ya... They're up to something.... evil.

Archived