Home

Team Assault

-Tercero-

Hey, -Tercero- from Team Assault here... we're currently looking for people to fill a couple of positions as we kick the mod back into gear after a brief hiatus.

For those of you who haven't heard about the mod, it will be a class based mod that will feature some interesting new features and some massive gameplay tweaks. We're drastically altering the saber combat system to give the player more control with the same degree of simplicity, and trying to make the battles feel more like those in the movies. We're also adding in a number of new gadgets, such as an improved version of our Jetpack, a grappling hook with physics and line wrapping, and loads of other interesting items as well.

Right now we desperately need a webmaster to get our new site online at Gamespy, and we also need mappers, texture artists to do custom textures for our maps, and maybe a coder or modeler. If any of this interests you, just e-mail me at tercero@mailcity.com

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or questions about the mod, feel free to post them - I'll try to give and take feedback as much as I can.

<chant>

Merge TCs! Merge TCs! Merge TCs! Merge TCs! Merge TCs! Merge TCs!

</chant>

Mostly because I don't know who to help - I think you both have great ideas, at lease Team Assault has a plan ... kind of ...

Whereas AOTC seems to be putting all the media from the movie into JK2.

*sigh*

I hope you guys do merge, then I'll be happy :p

oh, i have a suggestion for team assault, tercero... give players the ability to roll while holding any weapon. i can't tell you how many times i've wished i could roll out of a fall (reduce the damage of course) while holding a gun or thermal.

appologies for the double-post.

Originally posted by t3rr0r

how would two very different tc's merge... one is focusing largely on sp, while the other is focusing on mp... and the era difference. :rolleyes:

Yes, we are forusing on SP. But you all know that there are some problems.

At the moment we are working on a good MP mode. And NO it's no wasted for SP. 90% of code written for MP is usefull for our SP mode.

That's how things are...

thats what aotctc is sugesting to team asault

sinds ravensoft is unwilling to release the SP source code

our main focus point is MP at this moment

and sinds we both are quite populair in the JK2 comunity

what do you say if we merge our TC's

this way both our mods can be produced a lot faster

plus we can use eachothers idea's

please give me the icq msn or aim of the team asault mod leader

so ic an give more info on this

thank you for reading this

I think it would be an awesome idea, because I can't decide which TC I want to help out. AOTC is strong, especially in media aspects, and TeamAssault is strong in coding / gameplay changes (at least, that's how it looks to me)

I don't want to continue working by myself on code and maps, because my attention is divided, I'm turning out to have half-baked maps/code changes.

It'd be awesome, I hope you guys can work something out. In all, you might want to change the format to more of a RolePlay of Key moments in Star Wars Movies, say, 2 good sized maps from each of the SW Movies, or something - right now that'd be 10 maps.

I like TeamAssault's gameplay ideas, I wanted to join up with them originally, but I don't remember why it didn't work out (probably because I don't actually know anyone on TeamAssault.)

Anyway, let me know what you guys can work out, and we'll go from there.

I don't really see how we should worry about generation gaps, seems as how the stock JK2 mp isn't chock full of accuracy in the SW universe as it is. If you could make it semi-accurate, that'll be great.

[xg]darthVADER, I would be interested in the idea of possibly sharing some ideas and concepts for our mods, and I think that it might be a worthwhile endeavor to make a single, unified mod that would more drastically affect gameplay and reach more people. My AIM screenname is Tercerobootleg and my ICQ number is 82306324 - I'm usually there after 10:00 eastern standard time, except on Saturdays. Anyone else who is interested in lending a hand with the mod can also feel free to contact me via ICQ, AIM, or my e-mail address

tercero@mailcity.com

As far as the generation gap goes, Team Assault has branched off to cover both the prequels and the original trilogy. We are looking to recreate some of the more major scenes from each movies, including but not limited to:

Episode I: Retaking the Palace

Episode II: Geonosis Arena

Episode II: Hangar Duel

Episode IV: Escape from the Death Star

Episode V: Battle of Hoth

Episode V: Bespin CTH (Capture the Han)

Episode VI: Sarlaac Pit

Episode VI: Battle of Endor

This is just a preliminary list - if anyone has any other ideas, feel free to give them.

As far as the grappling hook, it is still being debated if we should release it as a seperate mod or release it with the mod. The hook is still a bit unrefined at present, so it would be futile to release it in it's current state. Once all the little glitches are fixed and the neccecarry tweaks are made, we will consider releasing it publically, but until then it's very unlikely...

Also, to wudan or anyone else who wants to help, we are looking for people to join us! We DESPERATELY need a webmaster right now - not having our site or team forums to discuss the mod and the changes that we are planning to implement is slowing things down horribly, and we need someone to get the site back up so that we can get back on track. We also need mappers - we lost a good number of our mappers recently and we're looking for a few good people to bring the worlds of Star Wars to life.

Originally posted by -Tercero-

Episode I: Retaking the Palace

Episode II: Geonosis Arena

Episode II: Hangar Duel

Episode IV: Escape from the Death Star

Episode V: Battle of Hoth

Episode V: Bespin CTH (Capture the Han)

Episode VI: Sarlaac Pit

Episode VI: Battle of Endor

I can tell you that I am working on one of those maps right now, with Saga gameplay in mind, but it's mostly in the pre-plan, effect test, texture/shader making phase right now. If you both merge, I would like to share some of my ideas and join the merged team.

Who do I need to talk to to make sure I'm not re-inventing the wheel? I have a few Saga additions I've been working on, and I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Oh well, I'll continue doing what I'm doing, but your coder for AOTCTC is da bomb.

Well, our two teams have reached an agreement, and we will be sharing some stuff to help speed along production of both of our mods.

I'm currently taking suggestions for possible classes and class abilities. I want to get some feedback from the forumgoers to see what classes people want, and why they want them. Once we get our new website up (hopefully sometime next week) we'll put up some more official information, as well as a bit of info about a nifty little suprise that we've been working on. Let's just say that lightsaber battles in JKII will never be the same again...

Ok, who do I ask to join up with this project?

It sounds like you'd be doing an idea/media/code/stuff swap and colloboration, I'd love to help, I have some good ideas, and some things that I've implemented in my code changes that I'm sure would help out:

I've successfully ported (with permission from original authors) weather effects from Q3F, which are more accurate than JK2 SP weather, IMHO.

I've added ASk's Saga changes, as well as some small changes of my own, and plan to expand this code to add more depth to objective play.

Also added is rotating doors, with sound that works, and it rotates on all 3 axii.

Lastly, I have a plan of deployment for Jedi / Gun user differences that make sense, but the code is not implemented (I've been taking time out to read the entire source, so I can see what effects what. After I've read it once, I'm going to begin reading it again, making a kind of "Cliff-Notes" version of it.)

Also, I want to write a guide on basic shader-writing, by hand, because ShaderEd2 doesn't give me adequate pimp-age power.

And, last but not least, I've been working on textures for a map that I'm making, based on a battle from the original trilogy, which is actually what is taking up a lot of time. I should have at least SOMETHING to show you guys. So, what messaging service should I hook up to? ICQ?

Archived