Home

WIP: Tintagel

Wes Marrakesh

MP

Gtk Radiant

RP

--------------------

Alright. It's an RP (Role-Playing) map of one of an Eldar craftworld's castles.It's gonig to be a fairly large map with all the typical rp stuff (you know, the hall, meeting room, armory, bunks, etc..). I am currently working on the top floor which has a small foyer room and the warpgate room. (No, not star trek.) It currently has three pipes, a rune, and the half-completed warpgate. It is currently made out of two patch mesges but I need to make it so it is solid (or hollow, there's empty space inside). This is causing me a great deal of trouble, as clipping would not be exact enough and I cannot get the proper number of vertices on that side. A screenshot or two will be up soon.

Thanks.

Next time I'd appreciate it if someome told me when this got moved...

The Showcase forum is for finished products not WIPS, IMO. WIPs go in their respective forums so they have easy access to help- if you have a problem in mapping and the thread is in mapping, others will read it li9ke any other thread and help you. But (no offense) I really don't think that many modders come here, just people gawking at the pretty things :D

Unfortunately, as per the new rules, all WIPs will be moved to the Showcase Forum. I guess they're attempting to replicate the "Pimping Forum" over at Polycount...

I agree with you though, I think WIPs belong in their respective threads... the 'Showcase' should be used for pimping the finished product.

Originally Posted by Andy867, revised by ASk

Rules of Showcase Forum

Topics must be WIP's. Please do not post topics asking for help or just plain ideas

There it is, crystal clear in the Rules.

Map looks good, and I agree with Jedi, that is one weird looking bolt gun ;)

I have to admit this is a one weird looking map. It is a good sign that you can stretch your imagination beyond the conventional (that goes for the angle of view, too). The floor is also interesting. Have you built it of large pieces framed by thin light emitting ones, or do you have a shader, which emits light along the edges?

Wes, pardon me my little sidenote: I can see Morthvargr is luckily hanging around. If you are still interested in voice acting, I may contact you one day. I have currently mapped some 80% of my maps (well, the dialogues are still unwritten).

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got afew hours this evening to sit down and work on the Cantina area of Wes Marrakesh's RP level that we will be using for the NRRP, Anyways... Without further ado, the screenies:

cantina1.jpg

cantina2.jpg

cantina3.jpg

As you can see, I need to fix some lighting and add ALOT more detail, but for the most part thats the size of things.

Archived