Home

No religion in da swamp

General Veers

I agree with SPY.

Notice we've never said anything about certain religions "suck" or anything like that, if you find I didn't treat a certain belief in a respectful way, then please notify me.

If you can't handle discussing your beliefs, then you're going to get in trouble later in life.

Sometimes you can't stop yourself from viewing a thread, but you can avoid posting in it - if no one posts in a thread, then it is going to die, simply as that.

As a final note, I like discussing religion because it is more or less as rare to see a religious person in my country as it is to see a black person - It's completely alien to me, really.

Originally posted by Cjais

I agree with SPY.

Notice we've never said anything about certain religions "suck" or anything like that, if you find I didn't treat a certain belief in a respectful way, then please notify me.

If you can't handle discussing your beliefs, then you're going to get in trouble later in life.

Sometimes you can't stop yourself from viewing a thread, but you can avoid posting in it - if no one posts in a thread, then it is going to die, simply as that.

As a final note, I like discussing religion because it is more or less as rare to see a religious person in my country as it is to see a black person - It's completely alien to me, really.

"DK" I dont remember that from geo.... is that denmark?

Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-

Good point.

Time and again when somebody makes a thread against race, religion, ethnic background, sex, age, weight, or whatever discrimination, that person usually gets flamed by somebody that doesn't get the point. The way I handle it is by keeping the real me private.

My religious views have nothing to do with Yoda's swamp. If I want to talk about it in a forum, I'll find one more suited for it. I come here to talk about jk2, starwars, and of course the swampies. :yoda:

i agree 100%

no one need sto know but if they wanna heh not my problem

Originally posted by General Veers

I was just readin a thread, and it was all about bein religious. Being a Jew myself, i dont think religion has anything to do with star wars. Now if we can all stop the religious spamming and talk about Star Wars like we should, it will be a happier place. Why dont we talk about The Awsome Battle scenes in AOTC. thakn you

:atat: Veers

good idea i hate religious arguments as much as i hate political arguments. there pointless and they get everyones feelings hurt so we should just keep it to ourselves

Originally posted by ZDawg

It the hat of sweden :p *runs*

*Sound of whiplash*

Back to homework m'boyo!

It be the hat of Germany.... :p

...And a damn fine hat it is.

Oh god, how I felt like cracking off some "stive svenskere" jokes and norwegian riddles here :xp::D

people beliefs are dear to them ... when other people argue with them people get upset

That may be true for you and many others, but unlike most I am looking for the truth not just a religion where I can feel good about myself. Such is hipocritical.

I suppose we could all go to a religious forum to debate the issue but you really shouldn't say that people can say what they want and then when they do get all upset, not that youre upset.

Just like threads with spoilers if you don't want to hear it don't read it. It really is quite simple, when I go in a reliegious thread I know what I'm getting into. And I don't get upset when people tell me my religion is false because I know its true. But if someone could prove otherwise I would be much abliged. I don't want to spend my life persuing a lie.

unlike evolutionists who know that evolution is not true but just don't want to believe in God.

Taking in mind the above posts I think you must be bring a fan over to your computer right about now.

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

unlike evolutionists who know that evolution is not true but just don't want to believe in God.

I hate to bring a topic into another, but this one begs explanation: You're saying evolutionists know that evolution isn't true?

Why, how and since when?

That means alot comming from you Clem... :rolleyes:

as a matter o' fact there is a group of people who call them selves the "Jedi"

excuse me .... i have beliefs ... they just dont happen to be the same as yours

also ... religion and beliefe shouldnt be here not only cos its a personal thing that should be decided by YOURSELF not a bunch of people telling u what to do ...but also cos it never stays rational ... it always ends in flaming

Clem, your the guy how was insulting homeschooling and what-not... as if your view on it was the only one that mattered and the home schoolers could not convince you otherwise.

Just because you believe something doesnt make it correct.

I include myself in that.

i didnt insult homeschooling

i made my views .... it was also late at night ... and when i came back the next day it was too long to keep up .... you'll note i only made 1 or 2 comments in that thread ... 1 of which was the starter

oh and 54 ... i agree with cjais .... since when did i know that evolution isnt true?! ... i resent that comment

if i just did wanna believe in god .... i just wouldnt ... i dont need an excuse

i think that people should be able to post all they want about religions... unless its putting that religion down or elevating it in a way that puts all other religions down. basically i have no problem with intelligent posts that refer to religion. if somebodys happy that they gained some rank in their religion or wahtever. more power to em. but for a large part religous threads turn into crusades and then nobodys happy. so i understand where you're coming from. what we REALLY need is to promote more intelligent non angry posts.

i have no religion but i fully respect others religions and would never want to start a flamewar over one. people who use their beliefs in their deity to justify anything other then helping other people are just in it for an excuse.

edit: WHOA. speaking of religions (and im pretty sure this is only significant in a few of em if any but) i just hit 666 posts with that. bloody odd.

ummm.... what? that made no sense at all...

Made perfect sense: People don't belive in science as an excuse for disbeliving gods. If you don't want to belive in God, you just don't, end of story.

As for me: I don't give a Stormtrooper facing a Jedi what's true. I think that science is great because it brings wealth, leasure and safety to the world. If something can't be documented, I don't care about it. (I care little about alot of stuff that can and has been documented, but that's beside the point).

I've been to a lot of different boards, and I'm new to this one, but for what I've seen (from the creat/Daw discussion) people here treat each other with respect - also when dealing with religion.

Discussing religion is a good thing! You might change your views on how [insert god] wants you to act. People usually think of stuff you didn't and since understandig your maker is very important - discussing religion must be important as well.

Respect is the key here. I can understand if you feel offended, but I doubt it was the writers intention, so if a post offends you A) tell him, B) Tell him why he is wrong or C) ignore the post. Think vallet arguments through on your own - if they still make sense use them to correct your view on [insert God] else keep your own version.

I hate to bring a topic into another, but this one begs explanation: You're saying evolutionists know that evolution isn't true?

I know several evolutionists. not all of them admit evolution is false but some do. Most of the acctual scientists who are evolutionists know that evolution cannot be scientifically proven.

To me it is funny when people consider evolution to be science.

and they say science vs creation.

since science proves evolution is false.

understand at all?

mand54 .... not being able to prove sumthing and proving it wrong are 2 very different things yet u seem to think theyre the same

also the evolutionists u know arent evolutionists if they dont believe in it .... this doesnt mean all evolutionists dont believe

also u cant prove the bible yet people still believe

ALSO (last 1) most things cant be proved 100% read my post in Creation v darwin on proof

Originally posted by Clem

Zdawg ... 54 implies that we are using evolution as an excuse to not believe in god ... even tho we know its not true

And I Agree, if there is a GOD, an all powerfull God, that would mean you have to obey/answer to him... somthing a lot of you dont want to do.

also u cant prove the bible

Yes you can.

Archived