Home

No religion in da swamp

General Veers

I was just readin a thread, and it was all about bein religious. Being a Jew myself, i dont think religion has anything to do with star wars. Now if we can all stop the religious spamming and talk about Star Wars like we should, it will be a happier place. Why dont we talk about The Awsome Battle scenes in AOTC. thakn you

:atat: Veers

Originally posted by UsetheFORX

u prolly read the thread bout me getting confirmed well to clarify what type of forums this is AGAIN its an **OFF TOPIC FORUM**

whether topics are ABOUT or not ABOUT SW...

I do agree this is a talk about whatever you want sight, but its just the religion can make some people feal upset. because i was.

i can understand both sides, but if ppl wish to post on religion, they should be able to. this isnt a star wars discussion area. its an "anything" area.....where you talk as you wish. if you are offended, you shouldnt need to affect others with it. just dont read it. then we wont have this problem.

Beliefs are fine for play and make believe, but not for the real world.

That being said, why can't Jedi lifestyle and values be a religion.

It would be alot more apropriate to our times than that unholy trinity of human misery, the 3 western religions.

Originally posted by Clem

people beliefs are dear to them ... when other people argue with them people get upset

beliefs shouldnt be argued neway .... theyre sumthing u should think on yerself

That means alot comming from you Clem... :rolleyes:

That being said, why can't Jedi lifestyle and values be a religion.
as a matter o' fact there is a group of people who call them selves the "Jedi"

Since this is an off-topic forum, it is a place where people post their opinions, about Star Wars or not. Certain times, it get quite heated, because one or both parts refuses to change what they already belive. This happens not only in religion debates, but also in political or even Star Wars debates.

I think as long as a topic and its forummers are RESPECTED and not ARGUED until the point where it just not going ANYWHERE. Then I think their should be a thread about it. Excluding religion out of debate would be like excluding all things like Euthenacia, Abortion, Terrorism, etc etc. Somehow every topic could be linked to religion (EVEN STAR WARS). Its always about RESPECT and knowing when enough is enough.

;)

Originally posted by General Veers

I was just readin a thread, and it was all about bein religious. Being a Jew myself, i dont think religion has anything to do with star wars. Now if we can all stop the religious spamming and talk about Star Wars like we should, it will be a happier place. Why dont we talk about The Awsome Battle scenes in AOTC. thakn you

:atat: Veers

Good point.

Time and again when somebody makes a thread against race, religion, ethnic background, sex, age, weight, or whatever discrimination, that person usually gets flamed by somebody that doesn't get the point. The way I handle it is by keeping the real me private.

My religious views have nothing to do with Yoda's swamp. If I want to talk about it in a forum, I'll find one more suited for it. I come here to talk about jk2, starwars, and of course the swampies. :yoda:

Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-

Good point.

Time and again when somebody makes a thread against race, religion, ethnic background, sex, age, weight, or whatever discrimination, that person usually gets flamed by somebody that doesn't get the point. The way I handle it is by keeping the real me private.

My religious views have nothing to do with Yoda's swamp. If I want to talk about it in a forum, I'll find one more suited for it. I come here to talk about jk2, starwars, and of course the swampies. :yoda:

But the mods did say that this forum was for Political or Religious discussion.

when I first read this posts subject....

I was afraid he was gonna call us all heathens. :p

Every topic is up for grabs as long as its legal, tactful, interesting, and most important respected.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

We must be civil people....I have a dream that one day....blah blah people of all religions will come together in civil forum discussion free from spam. That our children blah blah will one day visit our forum and walk the path of blah blah

dudodaioaodifandk;fjlkdjf

getting psycho cuz I'm sleepy and I'm FREEKIN STUCK AT WORK!

i understand if you do not like talk about religion here, but you must learn to take it in stride. if there is a topic about religion, dont read it. if you do, that is your issue, not ours. no one is forcing a religion on you, and you arent forcing a religion on any of us. we have mutual respect for each other at the swamp (for some more than others :D) and we respect each other's religious beliefs....

I feel that if people wish to join in with subjects concerning non-topics, they have the liberty to do so. If they are upset by it, and do not want to join in, they can simply leave the thread alone. No one is forcing anyone to read threads and start arguing because they are upset about something someone has posted. This is an off-topic discussion forum, and everyone has a right to express their own opinion (within the boundaries of the rules and regulations stated).

Originally posted by Darklighter

I feel that if people wish to join in with subjects concerning non-topics, they have the liberty to do so. If they are upset by it, and do not want to join in, they can simply leave the thread alone. No one is forcing anyone to read threads and start arguing because they are upset about something someone has posted. This is an off-topic discussion forum, and everyone has a right to express their own opinion (within the boundaries of the rules and regulations stated).

exactly. there arent very many rules, and this forum was created for people to express themselves as they wished (if it wasnt spam or flame) and to answer others questions and debates. its the reason this place was made. if you dont wana talk about star wars all the time, you come here. we have fun. and we dont restrict others because of one's opinion. im sorry, but religious threads will not be closed.

hrmm.....

bet you guys want a guide line or two perhaps.....

ok, gonna shoot from the hip here....

religion.... lets start there...

I like it, I have one, I dotn follow it quite right as the book says, but thats beside the point...

reread my last words;"thats besides the point"

this is the key. as long as I am part of running the forums, NO one is going to say, "JEWS SUCK" or anything else like this. (well, out of context from southpark, but geting away from the topic again:p)

however, a thread/post such as "why does X religion need Z for Y to work?" or some such thing, this is a QUESTION, and as long as someone does not preform a foot and mouth insertion, all is well.

another way of looking at it... we dont base the person behind the posts on gender or age, but the posts themself. religion should have even LESS of a impact then either of those things, and thats saying somthing...

as to politics....

see religion:D

Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

hrmm.....

bet you guys want a guide line or two perhaps.....

ok, gonna shoot from the hip here....

religion.... lets start there...

I like it, I have one, I dotn follow it quite right as the book says, but thats beside the point...

reread my last words;"thats besides the point"

this is the key. as long as I am part of running the forums, NO one is going to say, "JEWS SUCK" or anything else like this. (well, out of context from southpark, but geting away from the topic again:p)

however, a thread/post such as "why does X religion need Z for Y to work?" or some such thing, this is a QUESTION, and as long as someone does not preform a foot and mouth insertion, all is well.

another way of looking at it... we dont base the person behind the posts on gender or age, but the posts themself. religion should have even LESS of a impact then either of those things, and thats saying somthing...

as to politics....

see religion:D

wow.....that was beautiful. couldnt have said it better myself dude.....:thumbsup:

Archived