Home

Geforce FX

Fishflesh

It is the best card on the market, but then again it's always the same thing when ATi or nVidia comes out with something new.

Frankly they hyped that new card SO MUCH I was expecting more...There's absolutely no need to get such a high-end card, except if you're planning on playing Doom3; and since this game won't be out for quite a long time, you'd better be off waiting for the second, improved design of this board.

Or whatever ATi will come up as a competitor...

Originally posted by darthfergie

May I say how much I don't care for hype? I'm going to wait a bit till one or two reliable sources call it the greatest in the world before even considering it in the category...so thanks but no thanks.

I would have to heavily agree with DF here, why would I just be hyped up about a new card that just came/will be coming out soon when some of us already have a good video card like a Geforce 4 Ti not to mention the price would go down after the next generation video cards soon come :p!

Ati does sucks.

first had a ati card witch was non compitable whit aom,

and it was only 1 jear old.

nividia rocks at compitabliti

only the geforce 4 mx can't be played whit doom 3

but who cares?

doom sucks any way

every shooter is booring (except jedi kight 2)

Originally posted by Booya2020

ATI will drop the price of its 9700 after this is released and will bring out a better card which will blow the FX away. The only problem ATI has to overcome is the Nvidia fanboys who THINK the Geforce line is the best and ATI 5UXZ0|2Z!

Well, I do think the Geforce line of cards are actually pretty damn good.. I don't know about ATI though, but I have heard their support was lower than Nvidia which makes me question whether or not to get any of their video cards.

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

I have a Geforce 3 Ti 200.

It runs my games pretty good.

I will need to get a new graphics card in few months but I will see which is better. My friends prefer Geforce more than ATI's so that is why i got a Geforce. They are gamers so I trust them.

:lsduel::duel:

Geforce seems to be good for quality while ATI is good for the price that will last for abit still. I will be getting myself a Geforce 3 Ti consider it would still be good. Yeah, yeah! I'm trying to fit things in the budget for a new computer still!

• 3 weeks later...

GeForce FX Facts

There are

floating point operations per second in the pixel shader alone. That...

Can render >100 Jurassic Park dinosaurs at 100 frames per second.

Is more floating point power than a Cray SV-1 supercomputer.

Is 30 times Infinite Reality geometry power!

Is 5 times the projected world population in 2050!

Is 120 times the distance from the Earth to the Moon, if converted to meters.

Is 2 times the volume of wine produced in the entire world in 1998, if converted to liters.

The number of transistors in NVIDIA's next-generation GPU:

That is...

3 times the size of a Pentium 4 microprocessor!

35 times the size of NVIDIA's RIVA 128 GPU, released just five years ago!

3.9 years, if you took one second to count every transistor.

4.5 times the population of Tokyo, Japan!

If converted to US Dollar bills and placed end-to-end, would stretch from New York to Hong Kong.

More than the number of people in the entire world who speak French or German.

Archived