Home

WIP: Egyptian map for the NRG Duel map pack.

The Truthful Liar

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by LordP

OMG OMG OMG! Where can I download this? It looks awesome!

It's part of the NRG map pack, due to be released sometime between Xmas and Jan 1st. It should be available throughout jk2files and jkii.net. :)

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Hmmm, those models look a lot like the ones in the recently released egyption team temple map...

I wouldn't know, link? These models were made by Todd Gantzler, and the pharaoh was done by GIJoe which was an entry in the QuakeCon2001 Map Model contest. So I'm sure someone would use a few in their project as well, without a doubt. :)

Also there will be a NRG promotional video coming out soon with all the maps included for you to see. Don't give up hope. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Ryick Pa'tran

I've been studying Eqyptology (as an amature) since I was six (now I'm 24) and i must say I AM IMPRESSED. I made a number of Egypt-Themed maps for Quake 3, but I never finished any of them. I can't wait until you're finished with the map-pack!

Thanks, I've been working with many different themes lately however this was my first 'theme' to follow and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon, I already have an FFA map in the works and a CTF one planned for the near future. (If I can pull it off, it's of a very intricate design and with alittle bit of luck it might work out, no promises.) :cool:

Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn

Looks good. Certainly captures the feel of Egypt.

I would sure hope so. :)

- If anyone is interested there is a beta version of this map (without map models) available on the NRG site, http://www.nrgteam.com/downloads.shtml. Enjoy. ; )

Archived