Home

This is amazing!!!

Reborn Outcast

Ok now PLEASE do not be offended if you smoke (I do not)... this is not meant to offend anyone I just thought this was one amazing statistic. This is about the tobacco industry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"THEIR WALLETS

How can we put this?

You know those music videos that show hip-hop artists dripping in diamonds and gold and throwing fat wads of cash out the windows of their stretch SUVs like confetti while rhyming about fat wads of cash and giving fat wads of cash to strangers and thinking about all the fat wads of cash they make and how bad they are with all their fat wads of cash?

The tobacco industry could afford to buy any of those hip-hop artists, all their stuff, and all their family's stuff, and then buy them all new stuff, and send them and all their new stuff on a brand new private jet to an island nation.

Then they could buy that island and pay the artists to sing Irish folk songs until their vocal cords exploded. And they'd still turn a profit that week."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*This information was gotten from http://www.thetruth.com

I find that stunning that the tobacco industry take so much money from people EACH WEEK that they could do that and still TURN A PROFIT at the end of the week. Oh and for those who don't get it... they could do this with the money that they make in ONE WEEK.

I think it's disgusting the amount of money the tobacco industry profits from selling products. I won't have a go at anyone who smokes, but IMHO I believe that cigerettes are a waste of money. It's worse than the amount of money English football players earn, and that is disgusting. Who should get £100,000 to kick a ball about each week?:confused::mad:

Originally posted by Darklighter

Who should get £100,000 to kick a ball about each week?:confused::mad:

Hot damn! Where's the nearest football tryouts? :D

I don't smoke; never have... never will :)

hip-hop artists dripping in diamonds and gold and throwing fat wads of cash out the windows :lol:

Hahahah. Only about 170,000 American. That is real funny. I think that is the league minimum for most sports here in America.

Alexander Rodriguez who plays baseball for the Texas Rangers makes 25 million dollars a year.

Barry Bonds who plays for the Sanf Francisco Giants makes about 17-21 million a year (I think)

Jaromir Jagr who plays hockey for the Washington Capitals makes about 11 million dollars a year.

Ray Lewis who plays for the Baltimore Ravens (American football) just got signed to an ungodly sum of money.

Even the middle of the pack players usually make about 2 million a year for all sports here. A single mill for even special teams sorts of people.

100,000 pounds! HA! That is nothing to the extortion that American sports people have to pay to go see their superstars.

BigTeddyPaul

unfortunately i'm a smoker.

yeah it is disgusting and bad for you :tsk: but its the urges i get.

sometimes when i don't smoke for a couple of hours i go nuts seriously. :swear:

i tried a few times to quit but i can't.

damn NICCOTINE!

and i know its hurting my pokets aswell.

i probably buy 2-3 packs (5 bucks each) a week.

Originally posted by -s/<itzo-

unfortunately i'm a smoker.

yeah it is disgusting and bad for you :tsk: but its the urges i get.

sometimes when i don't smoke for a couple of hours i go nuts seriously. :swear:

i tried a few times to quit but i can't.

damn NICCOTINE!

and i know its hurting my pokets aswell.

i probably buy 2-3 packs (5 bucks each) a week.

Keep on tryin!!! Noone here would want something bad to happen to you!!! http://www.thetruth.com is a good website!!! Maybe you shold check that and it might help you.

Never have so many people spent so much cash...and had so little to show for it...

Yes..those figures above are disgusting. What is even more disgusting is the taxes that the UK government receives on tobacco every year...they would be foolish to stop that regular flow of cash, and so they always sit on the fence when the tobacco industry is in the firing line. :rolleyes:

I don't smoke, and to be honest, I have to avoid people who do...or suffer the asthmatic consequences. I've got nothing against any individual who makes a choice about this...but there are certain places (like public houses, certain restaurants/cafes , even buses, etc.) where I dare not set foot because people are allowed to smoke there. :(

Of course, if you're an asthmatic and you smoke...I think that's one of the most foolish things imaginable.

Sir Walter Raleigh has a lot to answer for... :mad:

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker

i agree darkmeister, people say 'your gonna die someday' but ...

why pay for it?

:wavey:

Exactly:)

My friend has begun smoking regularely and he said the reason he is doing it is because "we all die someday, it won't make a difference". I think I made him quit though because I printed out a picuture of someones lungs after they had smoked for only a month.:)

Here are a few more statistics that sicken me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at your watch. In the next hour, the tobacco industry will spend over $1 million on advertising.

They spent $9.57 billion on advertising and promoting their products in 2000.

If both a child's parents smoke, it is the equivalent of the child actively smoking between 60 and 150 cigarettes per year.

Every day, the tobacco companies get about 3,000 new customers -- kids.

Tobacco companies fought and won in the Supreme Court to advertise cigarettes near schools and playgrounds.

All these were gotten from http://www.thetruth.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are sickening for me that this could actually happen and are happening.

Two more... these are the worst i think...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) is responsible for approximately 3,000 lung cancer deaths per year among nonsmokers.

Tobacco companies know that 70% of smokers want to quit but can’t.

:mad:

omg the weirdest thing happened... as soon as i left this thread an ad popped up for ways to quit smoking!!! How spooky is that?

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

Two more... these are the worst i think...

Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) is responsible for approximately 3,000 lung cancer deaths per year among nonsmokers.

Tobacco companies know that 70% of smokers want to quit but can’t.

omg the weirdest thing happened... as soon as i left this thread an ad popped up for ways to quit smoking!!! How spooky is that?

That is weird. And those statistics sicken me as well. Thankfully, none of my family members smoke.:)

Alot of my friends do though and they are trying to get me to try it. It really pisses me off. They read all the statistics but they still try it. I play sports alot and I like to smell normal so I would never smoke. This was not meant to offend anyone that smokes in the forums. I am just stating facts.:)

I've never even known anyone who has.

Tobacco companies...ugh.

How do the people who work at those companies go to bed at night? That's what I want to know.

Archived