Home

Is darth Sidious Palpatine?

SE_Vader_536

Is Darth Sidious really the Emperor?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is Darth Sidious really the Emperor?

• Yes
    • No

A long hanging question of mine:

IS DARTH SIDIOUS PALPATINE???

I think he is because of many factors.

1. In episode 2 it says sidious controls the senate. what better way then to be the chancellor.

2. The reason the Trade Federation almost succeeded in their invasion. sidious stated he would make it legal. He almost did by becoming chancellor and stalling the senate.

3. How did palpatine get his sith powers? Cant be any other way than if he was sidious.

Extra thoughts: he was hidden from the jedi as a result of the shroud of the dark side.

he knew anikin would be the most powerful jedi ever because he can forsee the future.

he used the sympathy vote of amidala to gain control of the senate by being chancellor.

many of my friends cant agree on this topic and i want to settle it now.

Thanx!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really think theres much of a debate. It's taken as given that they are the same. Even people who aren't Star Wars fans realise they are the same person, no questions asked.

And I don't think Vader ever called him "Palpatine". The names Palpatine and Organa are never mentioned in the original trilogy.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

pbguy, tell me exactly where the names "Palpatine" or "Organa" are spoken in Episodes IV - VI. Believe me it doesn't happen.

He's correct. Neither Leia nor the Emperor are refered to by the names Organa nor Palpatine in the dialogue. They may be listed that way in the credits (I'm not sure), but no one in the movies names them as such.

Kryllith

Archived