Home

Is darth Sidious Palpatine?

SE_Vader_536

Is Darth Sidious really the Emperor?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is Darth Sidious really the Emperor?

• Yes
    • No

I can't even believe I am reading some of this crud. Let's just put it this way. SIDIOUS IS PALPATINE and vice versa. End of story, for whoever even joked that Palpatine could go into training to become a Jedi, well, then that would make Vader the master now wouldn't it. Nuff said. No argument, just plain common sense folks.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evidence that Sidiouis is Palpatine and if no one likes it, I don't care!

1 Sidious says in the Phantom Menace "I will make it legal" in referance to the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo.

2 "I have the Senate bogged down in procedures" something else that gives the impression that he's dealing with the senate.

3 I doesen't tell you who played Darth Sidious in the end credits of the Phantom Menace. Clearly, Lucas is wanting to keep the true idenity of Darth Sidious a secret.

4 The Republic/ Jedi Starfighter/ Empire / Dooku's table are all similar. This suggests that the Republic becomes the Empire and that there is a connection between Dooku and Palpatine.

5 Jango Fett is working for both the Republic and the Confederacy. Let's say for one moment that it was Dooku that ordered Padme's assination attempt (acting on the orders of Sidious of course) Gunrey wanted her dead, but I doupt that he would want to part with the money Jango wanted to do the job!

When we come to Kamino, we see that Jango is working for the Republic by being the "host" for the clone army. Now, unless the clone army was intended for the Confederacy, Jango is working for both.

AND DOESN'T SUGGEST TO YOU THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH PALPATINE IF HE'S WILLING TO HAVE PEOPLE REARED LIKE CATTLE FOR THE PURPOSE OF WAR?

6 This last one is a bit iffy. Dooku practacally tells Obi Wan the truth, that the Republic is being ruled by the Sith, even though he doesn't mention Palpatine by name but we all know in the Return of the Jedi just exactly who Palpatine is!

There are probably other piceies of evidence that Palpatine and Sidious are the same. You do have to read between the lines and that is what politcal intrigue is all about. If you can, for a second, take a look at the world around you, you will see that politicions pretend to be what they aren't all the time and the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones is about that.

Syfadias - don't know if I've spelt that right. I have two theroies on him.

1 Possing as Syfadias after his death, Palpatine or Dooku approaches the Kaminos with the idea of creating a clone army for the Republic. I don't really like that idea...

2...cos I find this one more in keeping with Palpatine! Let's say for a minute that Palpatine is Sidous and as Sidious he tries turning Syfadias to the Darkside. At first it is sucessful and convinces Syfadias to go to the Kaminos and ask them to create a clone army. Later, however, he refuses to go along with Sidious and so Sidous has him killed because he knows too much and then he recruits Dooku...

Has for the Jedi should be able to feel that Palpatine if he is Sidious is a Sith, there are two reasons why they don't. First Palpatine comes across as a nice poliction and we all know that they are just pretending...

Second, they are experiencing diminshed ability to use the Force, so they don't sense what is happening.

The laser colour was an analogy. I was saying: "Saying Sidious is the Emperor because they're played by the same person is like saying Naboo turns into the Death star because both the N-1's and the TIEs shoot green lasers". Well, Han Solo and that trooper on tantine IV are also played by the same author. Does that mean Han Solo=a trooper getting shot at Tantine 4? No.

3 I doesen't tell you who played Darth Sidious in the end credits of the Phantom Menace. Clearly, Lucas is wanting to keep the true idenity of Darth Sidious a secret.

Of course not, because the one playing Palpatine plays him. Same actor, but how does this prove he's Sidious?

4 The Republic/ Jedi Starfighter/ Empire / Dooku's table are all similar. This suggests that the Republic becomes the Empire and that there is a connection between Dooku and Palpatine.[/qute]

N'ah? Republic becomes Empire? That's a NEWSFLASH! I'm sure you'll become famous now for being the first to think of that :p.

Uh, we all knew it. It proves Senator Palpatine=Emperor Palpatine.. but again, how does it prove he's Sidious?

Oh, and yes, Dooku probably worked for Palpatine, who would turn the Republic into the Empire. Thus, he kept the Imperial crest because he felt it was appropriate (as they hardly were going to change it when they became Empire anyways:p).

5 Jango Fett is working for both the Republic and the Confederacy. Let's say for one moment that it was Dooku that ordered Padme's assination attempt (acting on the orders of Sidious of course) Gunrey wanted her dead, but I doupt that he would want to part with the money Jango wanted to do the job!

When we come to Kamino, we see that Jango is working for the Republic by being the "host" for the clone army. Now, unless the clone army was intended for the Confederacy, Jango is working for both.

Oh, and if StarWars.com has officially admitted that Sidious=Palpatine, I find it peculiar that no one has posted the link to where on that site it says so :rolleyes:. I mean, it should settle the argument, right? There is evidence SUGGESTING Sidious is Palpatine. There is no evidence PROVING it. If SW.Com/LA actually has confirmed it, then fine. But if so, tell me where that confirmation is.

Yes, EP3 will have a big revelation: People will be shocked to learn that Sidious is NOT Palpatine!!

"He told me YOU ARE my father!"

"No.. I'm NOT your father!"

"No.. that's not true..." :D

If Sidios is NOT palpatine who else of the main characters could it be? Padme?:D

It is highly unlikely that a whole new character will be introduced.

Actually, to be nit-picking, he said always two they are, (a master and an apprentice), not only two.

I think that could be interprited in a lot of ways, but though I have not found anything YET to prove me right (or wrong), I'm sure that he means there are only 2 Sith at any given time.

38...to 2...little overwhelming don't you think...I mean it's shocking that anyone would vote no...

I don't follow. Why exactly is that shocking? Because anyone seeing they're a vast minority would go with the majority, or because you're 100% sure you're right?

Weeell.. maybe he's not in the Senate at all?

About Sifo-Dyas: He died 10 years ago, right? I mean, 10 years before AOTC, not in 1993:D.. How do we know he didn't order the clones? Didn't the order go in the same year as he died? Well, that does not prove he didn't order them, does it? My theory is that he indeed did order them, for then to be killed.

That's how the dark side corrupts people. The power eats away at you like that.

Very not good for the complexion or the voice, also you gotta remember how good the makeups were back then, he could pull off being both Senator and Sith Lord with 2 completely different faces.

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

I have not found anything YET to prove me right (or wrong), I'm sure that he means there are only 2 Sith at any given time.

"One Sith had the cunning to survive. Darth Bane restructured the cult, so that there could only be two -- no more, no less -- a master, and an apprentice. Bane adopted cunning, subterfuge, and stealth as the fundamental tenets of the Sith order. Bane took an apprentice. When that apprentice succeeded him, that new Sith Lord would take an apprentice."

from this artice:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/thesith/index.html

on StarWars.com :)

About Sifo-Dyas: He died 10 years ago, right? I mean, 10 years before AOTC, not in 1993:D.. How do we know he didn't order the clones? Didn't the order go in the same year as he died? Well, that does not prove he didn't order them, does it? My theory is that he indeed did order them, for then to be killed. [/b]

Isn't that what I just said?

Archived