Home

speech in 'Hit the Road'

xavrgram

Hey, I'm an old fan of this game, and I was trying to remember how much speech there was in it. I remember that at least the intro had some speech but did the characters talk when you were just walking around doing stuff? Did Sam actually say "I can't pick that up" out loud? Thanks alot!

First off, I'm not sure about the intro in the floppy version, but I know that there was no voice for the rest of the game unless you played CD. Second, I think that by the time Grim was released in 98, the majority of people (oh, say 95% of the target market,) had a CD-ROM drive. I think I can count off 2 people (maximum) who are still reliant on A: and B: disks. And both of them use ancient laptops. And only for word processing at that.

Just as a bit of help, you could probably get a drive that could run GF for about $30 bucks now (and hell, I'm Canadian). Just check around on E-Bay, Radio Shack, anything should do. Even an extrernal drive should work fine if you can't install one. You'll be living in El Marrow, Rubacava, and the rest before ya know it, Mercatfat.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived