Home

Requirments?

Ecks_Gecar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you need to think about now is the Recommended System requirements on today's computers... if this hits out stores in feb-may area then the Requirements may indeed be around today's Recommended SOOO i'd say:

P III 1gz +

64 mb Vid card +

128 mb ram + (i'd say go with 256 + though)

Now you can build yourself a computer with this equip for less than 500 dollars... so i'd say you have a good 2 months + to save up... should be no problem.

If you're BUILDING http://www.pricewatch.com the way to buy off the net.

BUYING: http://www.alienware.com (for super fast and expensive) http://www.dell.com (cheap) http://www.ibuypower.com (SUPERCHEAP)

I could recommend more but these are my favorite ones... =P If you have the spare cash up in the unknown regions of your *cough* go for alienware otherwise build yourself one. :)

Hmm well the games not out for a Fair bit yet so no one realy knows. I Would go for the spec of like a top class comp At this time with a good graphics card

But if you live in Europe Wait till SWG is out in America then we can find out what specs are needed and Upgrade then :p

Just a comment on what type of PC to buy- I just bought a Dell 8250 P4 2.4G with 512 MB RDRAM, a Radeon 9700 pro graphics card, 40G HD, Soundblaster Live!, and a few other unimportant items (lol). Now, prior to this, I did a lot of research into pre-packaged systems and was planning on buying an Alienware. However, the same specs for an Alienware system would have cost 30-40% more than I paid. Additionally, if you read the message boards at places like C-Net, and similar sites, you'll find that there a LOT of people out there that are not happy with their Alienware system, and apparent lack of customer service associated with the company. I'm sure that there are many happy Alienware owners, but I opted for a safer, cheaper company, and I couldnt be happier with my choice. Hope that helps you a bit :)

Also, keep in mind that whatever the minimum stats are that will eventually "officially" be released, chances are that you're not going to get very satisfactory results if you are at the low-end. I say this because every PC game I've ever purchased (and sadly, thats a lot of games...) that I only had the minimum stats for, I ended up deleting because gameplay was so poor.

While we're on the subject of minimum requirements, I was going to post a seperate thread on connection speed, but I suppose it fites pretty well in here. They're saying that a 56k modem will be enough to play the game, but again, I think that it will make the difference between merely playing the game, and enjoying the game. I've been playing a 2-d online called T4C for about 3 years. The game is about 4 or 5 years old, so isn't exactly cutting-edge. I used to play the game with a 56k connection before going to cable, and the 56k was just barely fast enough. I can't imagine playing playing a brand new 3-d with a 56k connection, but for the sake of all those without broadband, I hope it will be enough :)

JS

*nods* I've heard some probs with alienware but the reason it's more expensive is they OC(overclock) their systems... ABS doesn't, but of course non OCed comps will run more stable and last longer... I guess the comp you make/build/buy has to be for you personally... Do you want to run the Sprint or the 10k ? hehe... Anyway building your own comp is pretty simple as long as you have a decent idea of what you want and what comps are made up of... if you donno open up that little metal can down there and roam around for a week ;) or do it the weeny way and buy a manual... hehe... here are a few quick tips though...

1) Figure out your startin price... always a good way to start...

2) Find out what Processor you want... personally i recommend Athlon... (if you don't know PCs well don't grab the 2100+ it has a lot of probs... they can be overcome but it's more than it's worth IMO)

3) Motherboard... for Athlon Gigabyte or MSI... both good reliable boards.

3) Graphics Card... Make sure your Motherboard has an AGP slot(Note: Try to find a motherboard WITHOUT onboard video... again it's just more work to disable it and install yer new board)

4) Sound Card if you want... now onboard sound will get you set but if you're a hardcore gamer or a MP3 junky grab the sound card... Same as above try to grab a board without onboard sound but it's difficult so consult your MB manual to disable ;)

5) Ram(check to see if your board needs DDR or Sr... you dun wanna buy the wrong kind[most new MBs require DDR]) and Harddrive... nuff said.

6) Your CD roms... =P

7) Your case

8) Modems Ethernets

9) fans and any other mods you wanna add...

10) Monitors speakers mouse and keyboard. The extra junk that doesn't really matter... unless you have orderly compulsive disorder and everything has to match in which case go decorate your room pink... *grin*

Then yer mostly set. You need any help just email me... I think i left it so my email is shown.... Good luck!!

That all depends on whether or not you know what you're doing. it is cheaper, but you have no tech support. for some people that doesn't matter....myself i have several friends, a brother in law and a friend's dad who all build computers, so i don't really need the extra tech support. but if you don't know what to do and do don't have a helper and get a problem, well you're screwed. also if you wire things wrong you can end up frying your parts. that aside, building is better.

• 3 weeks later...

My Specs are an AMD 1800+

1024 DDR

Radeon 9700 Catalyst 3.0

A7V266E mobo

so i should be covered, but my cousin has a 2.4 Ghz HpMX70,

with intergrated geforce 4 mx 440 (which can barely run bf:1942)

and 256 pc2100 DDR,

im guessing this will cut it right? he is pretty worried, but it should easily run battlefield, so bleh, who knows.

Originally posted by Ecks_Gecar

Me Again,

Just wondering about the Requirement Needed To play SWG I got a GateWay Millienium Edition PC loaded you name it I got it.Can it play SWG?:confused:

:fett:

Just a bit of friendly advice, lose the ME. You can upgrade to XP for less than $100, and trust me it's worth it. System freeze will happen far less, and you will enjoy you're games that much more. When I did the upgrade, I was amazed at the difference I saw right away.

Anyway, my PC:

1.5 gig

20 gig

128 meg

unsure of graphics card (pitiful aren't I?)

8x DVD

CDRW(14x I think)

XP

Guys

Also rember when you are buying Graphic Cards at the moment that non of them are DX9 compat ...Bar the Radon 9700 i think ..(Not shore)

Anyway SWG is more than likley going to be runing on DX9 .... Buy the time it comes out.

So i would say wait a couple of months now before you buy an new Graphic cards just for gaming becuse you could wait and get one that will make the most of DX9 .....

Cheers

Can-able

lol i think windows xp is the worst windows of all time. I dont have it but ive seen so many problems with it and ive used it before and it pretty much sucks. I currently use windows 98 SE and it works perfectly havnt formated in 4 years with little or no problems.

ps xp sucks

:biggs:

I posted this on another thread but got no answer..maybe here..

I got a question maybe some one can asnwer for me.

These damn AMD chips..they say 1900, 2100, 2400, 2700 and 2800..I been looking on site like pricewatch and tigerdirect and these CPUs that say like 2700..the gig say 2.17..is that 2.1?.

If so, I can't find anything faster then 2.1..I mean..I thought the 2400 meant 2.4 or 2700 means 2.7...why the hell aren't they making it easy to tell..I go to a store the people tell me that amd 2400 is 1.9 gig..how the hell am I sapose to tell the speed of that amd and why can't i find anything over 2.1 if this is true?

OK

With tha AMD XP Chips the way that they work out the Speed is buy MEsuring them aganist the P4's

So the thing is the AMD XP Chips are capable of Procesing the same infomasion as fast as a P4 chip of that speed but they actulley run at a slower speed.

Mine is a AMD XP 1800 But it runs about 1550 or some thing, but is as good as a P4 1800 :D

The best thing though is they are alot cheaper :)

I hope that makes sence :)

Archived