Home

How many civs should SWGB2 have?

Admiral Vostok

How many civs should SWGB2 have?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many civs should SWGB2 have?

• SWGB2 should have more than SWGB (10 or more)
    • SWGB2 should have about the same as SWGB (7 to 9)
    • SWGB2 should have less than SWGB (6 or less)

Wait, what's wrong with Set? I like him. Actually, I like any Eygptian civ.... basically because they have Anubites and Mummies. Anubites rule.

I also play Zues sumtimes because the Medusas. People say they are annoying....

Anywho. If they used an engine like AoM, I think they could have 9 civs cuz there are basically 9 civs right now (9 gods). But what I dont like about AoM is the %^$@ favor. If they add some crap like favor for GB2. . . . I rather not they used AoM engine, but their graphics are pretty cool. Also, I hope they dont change the scenario editor, i think AoM's is too complicated or else I haven't takin the time to figure it out.

The current game engine is fine IMO, jus turn it into 3D. And maybe, when air units attack, hey dont jus float there. . . make it more interesting. the least they could do is fly in circles and attack....

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure exactly. It is one of the Intel 8MB Video Cards. Don't know the exact name though. Galactic Battlegrounds 2 is probably going to require a 32MB video card and recoomend a 64MB video card. If that is the way, 3-D games are going. I guess I will have to go to console games or buy a new computer with a 64MB or 128MB video card.

I wasn't dissing Set (I'm still a Set fan, but I haven't been playing him for a long while. Waiting eagerly for patch. Until then I play Odin/Thor). Anubites are one of the main reasons I choose Set.

Why should Feral be moved to the Temple? Where was it before?

At the Town Center so it would interrupt villager production if you use it early (when it is most useful)

Also, I don't know why Hades would become unpopular. His Vault of Erebus power is apparently quite good, and there's nothing all too terrible about him. Once again, I'm going off what other people have said...

Many people think he's a newb civ (I think he's the best Greek god, but I hate the Greeks). Sentinels, Good towers/Archers, and Vault of Erebus seem condusive to a turtle/newb. His popularity has shrunk ever since toxotes became weaker vs Raiding Cavs.

I wasn't dissing Set (I'm still a Set fan, but I haven't been playing him for a long while. Waiting eagerly for patch. Until then I play Odin/Thor). Anubites are one of the main reasons I choose Set.

Yeah, Anubites seem pretty cool.

At the Town Center so it would interrupt villager production if you use it early (when it is most useful)

That seems pretty bad. But is it there for balance reasons?

Many people think he's a newb civ (I think he's the best Greek god, but I hate the Greeks). Sentinels, Good towers/Archers, and Vault of Erebus seem condusive to a turtle/newb. His popularity has shrunk ever since toxotes became weaker vs Raiding Cavs.

I suppose that Raiding Cavs are good for taking down turtles. Otherwise, it doesn't seem that a mere weakness towards one unit would vastly decrease his popularity.

My god, what is this, AOM Heaven??

Rebel Alliance

Galactic Empire

Ewoks

Wookies

Galactic Republic

Gungans

Confedracy

Naboo

Mon Calamari

Hutts

Ewoks.. for the thousandth time: Tell me how an Ewok group can defeat a large Imperial force.

15 minutes into gameplay, they've got armored turrets, TIEs, AT-STs, and Troopers to worry about. Oh, and they'll be without their rebel friends.

Mon Calamari: They are in: Rebel Alliance

Hutts: Uh.. yeah. Some gangster group versus the big armies of the Empire and Rebels :p

I think they should stick to 2-D graphics. Not everyone has video cards that can handle 3-D graphics.

Say again:

Rebels

Empire

Confederates

Wookies*

Naboo*

Trade Federation*

Gungans*

*In because I have to list them as they'll be in the game anyway.

Dagobahn Eagle, do you think the same as Joe? That we should stick to 2D because people don't want to move forward?

What would Jedi Outcast be if it used the original Wolfenstein engine? It would be rubbish, but at least everyone's computers could handle it, right?

Making another 2D game when EVERYONE is making 3D is corporate suicide. LucasArts would like to make some money.

Corran - I think you mean "The" Republic ;)

Actually, everyone (except the makers of GB and fans of EU) calls it the Galactic Republic. Especially in the movies which is what counts the most. And no-one says "Confederacy" in Attack of the Clones, they say Separatists, and the correct name is Confederacy of Independent Systems anyway. But I'm not sure whether you were saying otherwise, so I'll leave it.

Actually, everyone (except the makers of GB and fans of EU) calls it the Galactic Republic. Especially in the movies which is what counts the most. And no-one says "Confederacy" in Attack of the Clones, they say Separatists, and the correct name is Confederacy of Independent Systems anyway. But I'm not sure whether you were saying otherwise, so I'll leave it.

Of course the people IN the old republic didn't call it the old republic as they never knew it would be overturned and a new one would eventually be made.

Would be like people calling Houston "old Houston". Why? Because "maybe some day it'll be destroyed (hopefully not), and we'll rebuild it and call it "New Houston" :rolleyes:

Well yes it was referred to as the Old Republic during the time of the Empire (Obi-Wan did it too) because it was old for them, but for us, who do not live in a specific era of Star Wars but instead can watch a movie from any era, we should call it the (Galactic) Republic because it isn't old to us.

By the same reasoning, Dagobahn Eagle, we don't change the name of the original object when a new one is named after it. We haven't renamed the town to Old York just because a New York now exists.

The galactic governments are correctly called:

The Galactic Republic, The Galactic Empire and The New Republic.

Besides, I was just having fun with Corran because he knows I hate EU and I know hge loves it. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

I just thought of this. IF you got the IR and the NR in the game, what are they going to fight against? They dont really fight each other. If there is going to be IR and NR EU civs. they gotta have a civ tha they would battle. Who would hey battle? Dont say pirates or hutt whatever cuz they dont battle them.

IMO, If you put in the NR and/or IR, they need an enemy. and I think it should be the Vong.

But is it there for balance reasons?

So people can't get feral to early

I suppose that Raiding Cavs are good for taking down turtles. Otherwise, it doesn't seem that a mere weakness towards one unit would vastly decrease his popularity.

Hades had good toxotes. Before Raiding Cavs became better vs toxotes, they were one of the best units to build. Thus Hades remained popular. Now that toxote are out of vogue, Hades isn't as popular (he's not under-balanced like Set, just out of style for now)

Archived