Home

My Anti-War Thread

ET Warrior

Well, with the US almost certainly going to war, and me sitting here in the US feeling most upset about these recent events, i thought i'd make a thread where anyone can say what they want against this war or any war.

I just dont understand why human beings must kill other human beings. why can't we realize that life is sacred and we should work to promote peace and understanding instead of hate and violence? I'm just feeling very sad about it tonight :(

Originally posted by DarkSaber-<ZeN>

U.S. is the smartest country, and if we do go to war, Iraq will regret.

And what has Iraq to do with terrorism?

So, because Saddam has WOMD's that can't even reach American or European soil, he's automatically going to attack someone? It doesn't work that way. If he should ever use those weapons in his lifetime on other middle eastern states (which are the only ones he can hit), he'd be ripped apart by the other countries down there so hard and fast he won't even have time to beg for mercy. They'll do a much quicker, cleaner job than USA, and you won't even risk losing soldiers.

The chance of Saddam ever firing one of those weapons can be compared to France launching nukes against Britain for the century old animosity that's still between the two countries. And guess what Europe is going to do to France then? Scorched earth and quarantine.

Because Bush feels he somehow can justify his actions with "Saddam is going to attack us! He's a terrorist! He's a madman!" - he has the right to attack yet another middle eastern country.

Let Saddam die of old age.

Saddam's scared for his life anyways..

And this justifies attacking him? Is that reasonable? Is that sane?

Regarding war in general, it'll always exist on this planet as long as we're afraid of uniting. Unity brings disorder. Unity quenches each country's uniqueness. Unity stops war. Bah.

as long as the arabs dont give us what we want (continued status quo, ie cheap oil), theyre going to find us trampling around in their back yard. i just wish our government would be honest about our motivations in the ME, some dupes here actually believe its a "moral" issue. problem is the arab puppet regimes are slipping, and the whole place could go up.

Originally posted by 12345678

as long as the arabs dont give us what we want (continued status quo, ie cheap oil), theyre going to find us trampling around in their back yard. i just wish our government would be honest about our motivations in the ME, some dupes here actually believe its a "moral" issue. problem is the arab puppet regimes are slipping, and the whole place could go up.

123, who says Arabs has to give your country oil?

And DarkSaber, why do you say U.S is the smartest country?

I think most U.S.A people only think for themselves and not others most of the time.

I think this fight between U.S.A and other countries should stop its just not right, I dealt Saddam and Bush know how many lives could get taken away because of this.

well, i believe the us government says the arabs have to sell us oil. what i meant was that we support puppet regimes with military backing, and they supply us with cheap oil. the byproduct is a deprived population, who are the source of unrest. this is why we need to keep a presence there, support a hostile israel, etc.

Originally posted by 12345678

well, i believe the us government says the arabs have to sell us oil. what i meant was that we support puppet regimes with military backing, and they supply us with cheap oil. the byproduct is a deprived population, who are the source of unrest. this is why we need to keep a presence there, support a hostile israel, etc.

In other words... USA lacks oil and we need to buy it from others... -_- Thats why we go to the middle east... large fields of oil supplys... we buy them buy the barrel a lot cheaper there than any where else... If anyone takes over those gas fields we are sol when it comes to cheap gas... :S

Archived