Home

..-::Stealth Games::-..

Acrylic

I am currently starting to get into stealth games and firsst person shooters alot more. I'm also wondering what would be a good stealth/fps for the PS2. I know Splinter Cell is supposed to come out for the PS2 in March. And also, can someone give me a link to a review of it, or give me their own review?

Originally posted by RoguePhotonic

Complex controls?...I think not.....that game is awesome..worth every peny....

Heck yeah... :D about the same controlls as MGS... :D XD god I love MGS2... :D bada** game... :D I beat it in what 18 hours I think... I was at a friends house when I just busted threw that game... :D Its rather sad that I can accually beat games wall spending the night... -_- heck It was a no sleep night... went played MGS2 tell I beat it and watched Star Wars tell the sun was up... :S

Thief 1 and 2. On Computer Only. Thief 1 came out 3 years ago, Thief 2 two years ago.These games started to get the stealth genre going. Both are such good games and did not recieve a lot of recognition. The setting is a medieval type. You are equipped with a sword, bow, many different types of arrows, lockpicks, seeing eye, trip mines, a blackjack(cool weapon to knock ppl out), and other such items. The sound is GREAT in this game. You can eavesdrop, hear footsteps get closer, different sounding surfaces, and the such. There is a visibility meter for you. The darker the meter the more well hidden you are ex. dark corner = low detection. True, it doesnt seem too spectacular compared to games out now, but I guarantee it's a fun experiance. It also has a good plot btw. Sadly "Looking Glass Studios" had to shut down 2 years ago, so no more future Thief games but these 2 games for the stealth enthusiest.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Thief 1 and 2. On Computer Only. Thief 1 came out 3 years ago, Thief 2 two years ago.These games started to get the stealth genre going. Both are such good games and did not recieve a lot of recognition.

amen - Just started Thief 1 - my years of FPS playing have not paid off once! Stealth - I LOVE IT!

As for MGS 2 - Its AWESOME.

I suggest buying both and playing in order, and when you play 2, DO THE TANKER section!

I played it on my housemates PS2, and he saw me playing it and had no idea about it.

It helps set up alot of the stuff tha hapens later, and lets you see why stuff happened.

Get both. SO wrth the effort. They aren't excatly long though - so buy 2nd hand - at 8 hours average each... Full price is too pricy.

Other than that - GET THEM!

Originally posted by Clem

what?

a stealth thread with no mention of the Hitman Series

ive only played number 2 ... and it ROCKS

Thats what I was about to say :)

Yes Hitman 2:Silent Assassin ROCKS and its all stealth to.. they give you a ranking from i think stealth master to psycopath lol and you WANT to get stealth master... that shows you how much of a stealth game it is. :D

Yes they're are about 20 but don't be fooled... some of the missions took me hours to complete because they have objectives like carrying a sniper, shooting someon from afar and tehn escaping without being seen and stuff like that.. very hard because they're are tons of people... so I recommend getting that

Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar

Yea, I wanna get Hitman 2 for my b-day hopefully. Then, in the spring, when they come out for ps2, im gonna get MGS2: Substance, and Splinter Cell. I'm like a stealth fanatic now! But, how many levels are in Splinter Cell.

I don't know how many levels are in Splinter Cell but i though Hitman 2 was just for XBox... we'll i guess i have to be wrong once in a while. ;)

Hitman 1 is good, and you can die really easy in, so it makes it fun, realistic, but a bit frustrating at times. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, you can take more hits, but you dont get body armor either, like in 1. Also getting Silent Assassin rank gets you a bunch of new guns you cant find, such as the sawed off and silenced silverballers*you realize how cool they are when you use em*. Also, Tenchu came out before Thief by about 2 years. so tenchu set it all in motion. although i never played thief, i'm gonna hafta try it out.

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

Tenchu came out before Thief by about 2 years. so tenchu set it all in motion.

I have both Tenchu and Thief. Tenchu is more of a go in and slash and hack game. Sure there is a cool move you get when you hit x and are behind your enemy. THAT IS IT.

Thie not only encourages you, but MAKES you be stealthy. Yes you get a sword, but YES the guards are MUCH BETTER sword fighters than you. Also alertness has a factor. You hit a guard with an arrow in the head, while hes walking along completly unaware youll get a one hit kill. You shoot an arrow at a guard charging at you sword raised, you'll need more than one shot.

Also lighting and sound are key factors. Walk across metal surfaces, your steps will be heard far off. Stand in the middle of a well lighted room and you'll be spotted. But you can put out the lights with water arrows and cover the metal floors with moss arrows.

Archived