Home

0892, and SF. the best gunner

lllKyNeSlll

1. I don't like to think anyone is ever the best at something. Playing a few games isn't going to determine how good someone is, it only shows you how they perform in a given situation, never their full potential and skill.

2. JO's guns are all very useful in MP; you just have to know how to use them. The bowcaster is quite lethal at close range. You can hit a group of guys with a charged blast, and hit one guy with several bolts in close-quarterts combat.

The DEMP2 is good for sniping, especially in maps with an open pit like the Nar Shaddaa maps. You can charge up the secondary fire, and fire it at the ground next to a guy on a catwalk at the other end of the level. It can send him flying off into the pit.

The Merr-Sonn is also really effective. It's primary fire is quite fast, and if you're fighting at close range, many people won't be able to push it back in time, especially if you pull it out really fast before they notice. Secondary fire is great for people who aren't paying attention and are fighting others, or against people who don't realize it's a homing rocket. :)

Originally posted by Emon

1. I don't like to think anyone is ever the best at something. Playing a few games isn't going to determine how good someone is, it only shows you how they perform in a given situation, never their full potential and skill.

Wrong.

Originally posted by lllKyNeSlll

Instagib would be a very easy mod to make. UT and JK1 were my best games and I only played DM instagib 1v1 in the later days of UT since ctf had a bunch of hackers and newbs. So I wasn’t as much a quake person. Never seen an instagib mod, though it can be easily made with tenloss as its base.

Actually, I was browsing around at pcgamemods and found a instangib mod called Disruption. Tell me what you think of it.

Originally posted by yolkboy

Actually, I was browsing around at pcgamemods and found a instangib mod called Disruption. Tell me what you think of it.

THIS <bad word here> <another bad word here> ROCKS!

All we need is q3dm17 and I swear I will never play sabers again.

Actually with the faster speed in that mod it is very much like Quake 3 instagib. The Force jumping and Force speed and an insane pace to it.

That mod is going on the server without a doubt.

Originally posted by Break_dF

Opinions can be wrong. You, sir, are wrong.

Well thats your opinion... and by your own definition, since opinions can be wrong, you are wrong, so opinions can't be wrong. But if they cant be wrong then you are right and opinions can be wrong.... so if... ahh.. fark...

Best Gunner? Best at what? Rackin up a body count? Best shot? What?

The best shot I know of is Nutritious. Anybody can pull of a hard or lucky shot every so often, but he is very consistant.

When gunning I prefer to use the tenloss and rockets.

Also the blaster rifle 2nd fire is underated. I make more kills with it than the heavy repeater, it's much more accurate at long range.

But you can make alot of kills with any gun exept for the demp. I think it was really designed for the goofy stuff in SP.

All this refers to JK "unscented", "vanilla" . If were talking mods it's a whole different story.

since we're on the subject...I've found that in a full force guns and sabers match the best approach is to use everything you can get your hands on and not be afraid to die. I swear some people are intimidated when you charge them like a wild maniac :laughing:

Start with the disruptor at long range, move down to the repeater or rocket launcher at short/medium, and lightsaber for up close and personal. :smirk2:

In a match recently that had guns, force, and all, I at first tried to stick with the lightsaber (since that's what I LIKE). But I was getting my a$$ whipped. I decided, to heck with it and started using everyingthing I came across. It took me less than 5 minutes to hit the top.

Moral of the story...any argument about whether guns or force or lightsabers are better is moot. What makes the difference is the player skill.

Okay, I'm off my soap box now :p

Archived