Home

Star Wars Trivia. Version 3.0

The official Star Wars Trivia thread.

Hi there and welcome. This thread is going to be all trivia.

Rules of engagement

The questions im about to ask will concern these facts of Star Wars:

- The Star Wars movies

- The Star Wars Expanded Universe

- The Star Wars unofficial encyclopedia

- The Star Wars official fact files

- The Star Wars official site

Now to enter this Trivia, you have to pay the price. you have to donate 5 of your credits onto an old acount of mine.

(it has not been used since last October for 1 post so it has no credits what so ever.) With each new question you want to enter, you have to pay an additional 5 credits.

when you donated it to this old account of mine, you will have to Private Message me that you donated the 5 credits. That way i know who paid for the answer and who did not.

You have to donate your 5 credits per question to the following acount:

Mister E

to be sure everybody got what i mean.

I will post a trivia question. You want to answer that and compete in the game, you will have to pay 5 credits per answer you want to give. so if you dont want to compete in one or 2 questions, you dont have to pay.

If people answer the trivia and dont pay, they will NOT get the points.

The game will be based upon who answers first.

The points will be devided like this:

- 1st poster with a correct answer will get 3 points

- 2nd poster with a correct answer will get 2 points

- every other poster after that, with a correct answer, will get 1 point

- the bonus question can onle be answered by the posters who answer 3rd or later. So the 1st and the 2nd poster will not get points for the bonus.

Also, i will give an extra point for everyone who posts something Unique and extra about the question (not the bonus).

Well i hope that this answers an awefull lot of questions.

If there are still questions, please dont post them here. PM me or go to the other trivia thread in the off-topic forum.

Ladies and Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!

p.s. this thread will be stuck to the top of the off topic forum

Additional rules and info on rules found scattered inside this thread:

By Jan Gaarni:

Uhm, ok, I think you need to establish some additional ground rules here.

Suggested rule(s):

• Keep answers direct and to only one post.
  • Avoid editing your post(s).
  • Do not start, continue, or end your answer with: "Ok, I found it, it says so right here ....." as it gives away the answer.

This is not a discussion thread, but a trivia thread. You reply with what you think or know the answer is, without leaving clues to the "fact" that your answer is the correct one. ;)

Some posts wich are far too long to put in here on page 2, near the bottom. Worth a read.

By Jan Gaarni:

Additional info on the rules are as follows:

Bonus Question can only be answered by the 3rd. person that answers the main question. In the last round that means the Set and legameboy, who answered 1st and 2nd respectfully, cannot answer the Bonus Question. D_S was third so he is allowed. Same with Thew and anyone else who answeres the Main Question after him.

You are not required to do so, but its nice to get a few extra points, isn't it? :)

Another thing:

Don't linger too much with your answer. Its basically a Yes and No situation. :)

Give, or give not. There is no lingering. :yoda:

You're allowed to provide extra info on the Main Question, and Bonus Question if you meet the requirements to answer it (see above), but no "This is the right question ... trust me!" kinda answer. :)

Or: "I think it's this, but I'm not sure."

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who according to the books took control over the Empire after the Emperors Death?

BONUS!

After the person above was no more. Who claimed the watchfull eye over the Empire then?

HINT: Rogue Squadron had a part in this persons dissapearance.

Note: This question is to those who post as third when 2 same answers has been given. this question is worth: 1 point

Remember to pay your credits to the account name of Mister E

The correct answer, based on the way the question is stated, is

Dark Lady Lumiya. She was the first to lead the Empire following the Emperors death. She allied the Empire with alien forces to strengthen it.

Grand Admiral Thrawn doesn't take hold until four years following the Emperors death.

Editted to correct spelling of Lumiya.

Who according to the books took control over the Empire after the Emperors Death?

The person who assumed control over the Empire, was the emperors former Grand Vizier, Sate Pestage. But he lacked the charisma and influence to really lead the Empire well. Nevertheless, he was the first of many to assume the title Ruler of the Empire. He sat on the throne for less than a year, before he was removed by the Ruling Circle (established after Palpatines death) after loosing a wealthy and influential core world, Brentaal, and then for conspiring with the Alliance to leave Coruscant undefended so they could capture it.

OK, well it seems that he was meeting with winter as 'princess leia' at axxila to discuss the terms of giving the location of the eidolon project to the republic. anyway, he was rescued by RS over at Citruic (sp) but left them and went to Krennel who killed him as a gift for the council or something. and it also turns out that iasard took him out of power because of the council telling her to. darn. though actually she was the one who was responsible for manipulating the council so that they didn't like pesatge anymore....

OK found it, even though Yessane Issard had a good deal of influence over the council and was responsible for convinsing them to despose of pestage, she was not elected as leader imediatly following his death. instead they appointed Paltr Carvin which of course Issard didn't like so she had to make more plots to get rid of him as well. though really she did control the council with her ability to manipulate everyone

PS: it is actually the Imperial ruling council :p

Uhm, ok, I think you need to establish some additional ground rules here.

Suggested rule(s):

• Keep answers direct and to only one post.
  • Avoid editing your post(s).
  • Do not start, continue, or end your answer with: "Ok, I found it, it says so right here ....." as it gives away the answer.

This is not a discussion thread, but a trivia thread. You reply with what you think or know the answer is, without leaving clues to the "fact" that your answer is the correct one. ;)

The correct answer was:

Pestage, Sate

Emperor Palpatine's Grand Vizier, Pestage had served Palpatine as a senatorial aide before becoming one of the Emperor's most trusted advisors. He personally oversaw the preparation of Palpatine's food, tasting it for poisons. He scheduled all of Palpatine's meetings, held the Imperial Seal, and managed the Emperor's household. Pestage was one of the few people who knew about the Eidolon project, and actually diverted funds from it to build a small retreat on Tatooine. He then hired Lirin Banolt to acquire artwork and antique weapons to furnish it. Banolt managed to steal the plans for - and location of - the Eidolon, and threatened to blackmail Pestage, but the wily Vizier had Banolt executed before any damage could be done. When the Emperor died at Endor, Pestage assumed control of the majority of the Empire's military, but his rule was constantly questioned by other Imperial leaders. When Pestage lost his holdings on Ciutric to Prince-Admiral Krennel, he fled to Axxila, hoping to evade Ysanne Isard. Pestage arranged to meet with Leia Organa, and the New Republic sent Winter to act as Leia on a diplomatic mission to Eiattu to cover the Axxila trip. He offered her the chance to take the planet Coruscant in return for his own safety. Leia agreed, and Pestage found a temporary safety. Pestage also helped Leonia Tavira flee from Axxila, ensuring that another ally would be available if he needed one in his struggle against Ysanne Isard. Isard was only marginally loyal to Pestage, and had suspicions of his meeting with Leia. Pestage also told Tavira about the Eidolon weapons cache, hoping she could recover anything which remained. However, he earned the enmity of Isard when he ordered Admiral Krennel to stand down in his assault on Axxila, after Soontir Fel issued an AT3 directive to break off the attack. Isard returned to the Imperial council and brought news of Pestage's treachery, and the council ordered him to be removed form power. He fled to Ciutric with the help of Leonia Tavira, and was held by Governor Brothic. However, a bribe kept Brothic from relaying word of his arrival to Isard, allowing the New Republic time to set up a rescue operation. Commando Team One, with the support of Rogue Squadron and Aggressor Wing, was able to liberate Pestage before Isard's forces could capture him. Pestage, however, had other ideas, and slipped away from the Republic agents and presented himself to Admiral Krennel. Krennel, however, desired more than the prestige of recovering Pestage. He killed Pestage by strangling him with his cybernetic hand. It was later revealed that Pestage had been cloned by Sarcev Quest. While the clone was killed by Krennel, the real Pestage retired to Byss to await the possible return of Palpatine's spirit. When this did occur, Pestage was there, ready to help the new-formed Palpatine regain his power and control.

The asnwer to the bonus:

Isard, Ysanne

a native of Coruscant, Ysanne was born to Imperial service. She was the daughter of Emperor Palpatine's last Internal Security Director. She later betrayed her father to Palpatine, claiming that he was going to defect to the Alliance. Palpatine had her father executed - some say she was the person who shot him - and promoted her to his vacate position. She was later promoted to Director of Imperial Intelligence, and held the Empire together during the years following Palpatine's death at Endor. She felt that Sate Pestage was incapable of holding the Empire together, and began manipulating bureaucrats and military leaders - much as Palpatine had - in an effort to turn them against Pestage. In the end, she was responsible for Pestage's outser from the Empire. Among certain members of the New Republic and the Imperial remnants, she was known as Iceheart. She was characterized by long, black hair, but what made her an imposing force was her eyes. One eye was a cold, ice-blue; the other was deep red with flame-like, golden highlights. She was also responsible for the hiding of the Super-class Star Destroyer Lusankya in an unused facility under Imperial City on Coruscant, from which she tortured and interrogated her prisoners in the infamous Lusankya prison facility. From the Lusankya, she could monitor the happenings on Coruscant without notice. She employed Kirtan Loor as a her agent, creating the Krytos virus and keeping him on Coruscant as the leader of the Palpatine Counterinsurgency Force. Once the New Republic defeated the Krytos virus and fully liberated Coruscant, she took the Lusankya and fled to Thyferra, where she took control of the planet's government. Once she entrenched herself on Thyferra, she ousted the Zaltin corporation and planned to execute 1,000 Vratix a day until she had "downsized" bacta production or Rogue Squadron surrendered to her. If either didn't happen in 30 days, she upped the number of Vratix executed to 2,000 per day. Erisi Dlarit suggested that the plan be implemented as a way to stop Ashern terrorism. In the meantime, Isard activated a specially-made clone of herself, created just before she lost Thyferra, and allowed it to use her own contacts and resources to hide the prisoners formerly hidden on the Lusankya. Once the clone returned to Thyferra, Isard had it executed. Isard continued to hold the upper hand over the Rogues until she lost the Avarice to defection and the Virulence was captured at Yag'Dhul. Left with just the Lusankya, Isard tried to make a stand at the Battle of Thyferra. However, that battle never turned in her favor, and she fled the planet on Fliry Vorru's personal shuttle, Thyfonian. The shuttle was intercepted by Corran Horn and Tycho Celchu, whose combined attack destroyed its shields and eradicated the craft with a proton torpedo. Isard was believed to have been killed in the explosion, but in fact she wasn't on the shuttle at all. Her communications had been from a remote sight, and she smuggled herself off-planet disguised as a refugee and went into hiding to recover from her losses. She made her way to General Arnothian's facility and took control of his TIE Defender operation. Meanwhile, the clone Isard thought she had killed had allied itself with Prince-Admiral Krennel, and worked with him to bring down Rogue Squadron and the New Republic by trying to re-open the division between human and non-human races. The clone also kept a close watch on the prisoners of the Lusankya, collecting them all while Grand Admiral Thrawn ruled the Empire and eventually using them as bait for a trap meant to catch Rogue Squadron. Their plans were thwarted by the real Ysanne Isard, who rescued Rogue Squadron from Corvis Minor Five with the help of Colonel Vessery and convinced them to help her destroy the clone and Krennel. While Krennel was killed in the space battle over Ciutric, Isard's clone tried to escape using the same tactic that the real Isard used to escape from Thyferra. However, Wedge Antilles recognized the scheme and destroyed the shuttle - piloted by Colonel Lorrir - while triangulating the clone's position by backtracking her communcations signal. He launched a pair of concussion missiles at her location, destroying it and the clone. The real Isard claimed to want nothing but peace, but really wanted to regain command of the Lusankya, which was being refitted at the Bilbringi shipyards. However, her motives were discovered by Booster Terrik, his daughter Mirax, and Iella Wessiri, and a New Republic task force was dispatched to prevent her from stealing it. In a struggle within the huge ship, Ysanne and Iella confronted each other. After Isard threw every taunt and tactic at Iella, Iella responded by shooting her dead, once and for all.

The bonus for extra info is given to:

Jan Gaarni and Ewok Hunter. You both get 0.5 point for it

The bonus question goes to:

Ewok Hunter. you posted third with in your 3 seperate posts, you said that Ysanne Isard was after the lead.

The points go to:

Jan Gaarni 3.5 points

Thew Rydur 2 points

Ewok Hunter 2.5 points

Score so far:

1. Jan Gaarni 3.5

2. Ewok Hunter 2.5

3. Thew Rydur 2

Hint for future questions:

http://www1.theforce.net/cuswe/search.asp

Next question will be asked at 17.00 hours New York time.

Extra info

at the end of the 30 questions... the winner will not take all the credits. i will devide them according to points over the first 3 people.

In Star Wars a New Hope, what did R2-D2 need to lock down from Luke inside the Trench.

Bonus Question:

What were Obi Wans last words to Luke (spiritual) in Star Wars a New Hope?

Remember. only the third person can answer the bonus question if the two ahead of him gave the same answer to the trivia question as he did.

Remember. ad your 5 credits to the account name of: Mister E

Darth_sidious: you can still answer the question. everybodt after 2 gets one point.. its not decicive how many must answer.

1 person did not donate 5 credits to the acount.

and since only Joken Pm-ed me.. it is clear that Jan, thew or Darth have forgotten to dontae. please do. lets keep it fair to everybody.

Originally posted by Thew Rydur

I sent the credits, but forgot to PM you... theres the option to send a pm with the credits. I forgot it went to your other account.

Sorry about that.

I think I did the same thing. I just used the PM on the Mister E account when I paid. I didn't realize. Is there a way to track that so you can double check?

Either way, if you need me to, I'll send another five. I don't really care either way. It's just points. I practically get that when i log on anyway. ;)

The Stabilizer.

-answer to the first question.

Ingrown, you will need to go to the store on the main LF page and donate 5 credits to 'Mister E'. Then post your answer to the question. Refer to the first post. Use the 'donate credits to another user' option in the store.

Archived