Home

Mission to Ord Katrassi: Klai's Revenge

Katarn07

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Havoc:"Remind me not to piss you off."

Obi Bond:"I'll try to. Dark Jedi almost always seem to be temperamental. But for now, let's try to get past this beast and make it to the passage over there."

*Points to a secret passageway leading into the jail sector.*

The purple acklay falls dead, finally.

After it falls, nearly crushing Bond and Havoc, the passageway to the jail cells caves in. As the dust clears, a dark figure appears in it. It is no doubt the "dark man" Klai had scared away earlier.

His blades ignite and he charges the two of them. He uses a strange red lightning on them. Bond's powers are drained and filled into Darkman.

Darkman smiles at the other Dark Jedi and Havoc, "I know of your quest. You will not free Klai. He is far to important in my plan."

He begins dueling with Bond, using a saber for defense and the other for offense. Bond is overwhelmed without his ability to wield his Darkside powers.

Darkman easily deflects the shots away into Havoc. One of the two shots nails him in the leg, forcing him to fall and drop his blaster. It clatters a few meters from the wounded man. The second shot richochettes off the wall and back to Bond.

In order to not deflect the shot by accident, Darkman steps aside and kicks Bond down. Bond is momentarily stunned, but it's enough time for Darkman to raise his sabers, "All this work in vain. You cannot defeat me!"

He begins to swing the blades down upon the two.

And by the time Havoc had reached his blaster, Obi had already leaped back to his feet, avoiding Darkman's saber blows.

"You're too weak, Obi. I drained all of your powers to nothing."

Darkman grunts a victory grunt, but Bond menacingly laughs off the bone-dusting damage received from Darkman's kick.

"Why are you laughing? Are you laughing because you're ready to die?"

Without hesitation, Obi forces a boulder to hit Darkman from behind.

"Nope," Obi taunts, "I'm laughing 'cause you're too damn stupid! You may have thought you drained me of my abilities, but at the same time you had no clue that I was stealing your power without you even knowing it!"

"You're bluffing!"

"No bluff, my friend! All of its true!"

"Talk is for the weak, just like you, Obi. You nor that pathetic Havoc can stop me!"

The hilt explodes with blue electricity passing from it into Darkman's hand. He drops his other saber and grabs his burning hand. He turns to Havoc, attempts lightning on him, but Obi's statement was no bluff.

"Sithspit!" Darkman yells as he retreats into one of the many cave passages in the open caveren. Neither Havoc or Bond had seen those, and with their passage to the cell blocks and the main base blocked off (to much for a saber to cut through), they'll have to take one of the routes.

There are three of them. Darkman fled into the one to the left, and then there are two to their right.

To avoid another confrontation with Darkman, they'll have to go through either the middle passage or the one to the far right.

"Good. Then I'm going right. I sense that all three entrances will meet up in the center. Take this cortosis armor and yslamiri. They will provide you with some protection against lightsabers and force powers, but it should be enough. You'll need it should he be showing his ugly mug again."

*Tosses Havoc the yslamiri and cortosis armor.*

"I'll meet you at the center. When we both make it to the checkpoint, there should be an alternate entrance somewhere into the cell blocks. If there's a programmed lock to that entrance, we'll have to hotwire it in order to pass."

The two set off, and indeed they meet up in the center, as did the tunnel Darkman fled into.

The only route leads to a small lake, brown and murky, so filthy that they can't see into it.

Debris and assorted junk floats atop the surface of the opaque liquid, but other than that, the lake seems lifeless.

Above, just below the ceiling, are chutes that garbage most likely falls out of into what the two assume to be a garbage disposal. The chutes are to high up and the walls are slick with dew and moss that an attempt to scale them would be suicide.

Darkman is no where to be seen, so they assume he came here and found a way out. The only possible way would be into the water. The two assume there is an underwater cave to swim to and escape to the cell block.

Obi puts on a rebreather, while using his mind power to float one over to Havoc.

He then dives in, as does Havoc. Swimming through the dark abyss, something catches his eye. He then signals Havoc over, and they both swim a little closer to check it out.

Obi (speaking through his rebreather:"<It must be an entrance. Let's check it out some more and see if there's a passage to the upper level where the cell blocks are.>"

They swim closer to the cave's mouth. But before they can turn back, Havoc is gripped around ankle and wrist by a tentacle of a dianoga.

Obi wasn't surprised at all by the beast's presence and sped up his swim to reach Havoc in time. The dianoga batted at Bond while opening its mouth wide to devour Havoc.

Bond must act fast to save Havoc. Unless Havoc would risk frying his blaster by killing the beast with a blast from his pistol...

Obi quickly uses the force to speed swim. At the last moment, he ducked under one tentacle and cut through the dianoga's eyeball, thus killing the monster. At one point, Havoc fainted from the suprise attack, Obi thought.

When he checks Havoc's heart rate, he then sensed that he was being watched from some where unknown.

"What a weird disturbance in the force! Feels as if an army of Reborn are heading my way! Oh well, I better act fast and carry Havoc with one arm while paddling with the other towards that cave! It looks like there's an entrance inside that may connect to Klai's cell!"

*Starts swimming while using his lightsaber as a drill to bust through the rock encaving the portal.*

The passage did indeed lead to a cell, but it was across the hall from Klai's.

Klai appears to have been beaten up a few times, but had enough strength to jump up.

"Bond?! What took you so long? Forget it! The guards left a while ago to deal with some disturbance in the beast's cage, but they never came back. Muttered something about a thing called an Acklay being loose..."

Bond cuts down the bars of the cell he and Havoc entered and do the same to Klai's. Bond and Havoc explain what kept them so long.

"That guy with the lightsaber? He never came here, fortunately." Klai responded. "I don't want to wait for him either. Where did ckcsaber and Drey run off to?"

They told him they were on their way to Takara last time they saw them.

Klai points to a hall, "That leads outside to the top of the mountain, above Takara's courtroom. There is a skylight that is there. We can see what is going on and tak the base by surprise. We'd better get going."

Bond stops him, "I felt a disturbance in the Force, more than just Darkman. There is more danger awaiting us."

Klai picks up a cortosis staff that he had found in the corner in a guard's sack and retrieved his gear, "Well, we can take 'em. Nice armor, Havoc."

They run to the mountain top and are flanked by six men with lightsabers, each one orange. They appear the same as Darkman.

"You thought you can beat me?! Now you'll all pay with your lives!"

The 6 charge the three. Klai parries each blow to him with his newly aquired staff and has no time to see how the others are doing.

As Klai takes on a couple Dark clones, Bond tries to find a reasonable explanation as to where these Darkman imitators came from, but he quickly realizes there is no time to find one as 3 more appear from the skylight, all aiming their sabers for the three heroes.

"It's an ambush!" Bond yells."Klai, Havoc, look out!"

All 3 leap from the rooftops, but are quickly dispatched of by Bond's Blastek pistol he stole from one of the guards on their way into the stronghold. As quickly as the three were killed, five more took their place.

"Where do these guys keep coming from?" Bond questions himself. "It's as if each one was a realistic holographic image designed to distract us from completing our mission!"

"Holographic?" Klai muttered. "My brother was experimenting with holo warriors, but these weapons of theirs are indeed real! I don't know how, but I think these are holograms!"

Klai knees one in the groin, but has no effect on the guy, "Trust me, no matter how powerful you are in the Force, that'd stop you for at least moment!"

Havoc and Klai retreated as Bond continued to finish a few of the Dark Holo Clones off.

"There must be a powergrid controlling these things. Help Bond, Havoc, I'll go and find it."

Klai searches for the box. Bond is slahed in the leg, but he is able to fight, but his power and accuracy are reduced drastically. Klai took out his blaster and shot two in the back of the head and then found the box.

"Just a moment longer!" He took his pistol and pulled the rigger. The box blew up in flames.

"Takara is just through this hall!"

They head off.

"So, just how many fighters does Takara have?" asks Obi as he quickly heals his injuries through sheer force power."If he has seven or nine guys as his bodyguards, I can handle that. Besides, those 'holo warriors' to me were just merely exercise for the real threat. That Darkman dude."

"He has a court of Lts, each with their own body guards. Five times two to each guard is ten, but I am sure they have Force inhibitors there after Mara Jade escaped this base.

I have a feeling that Darkman was not hired by Takara. He was after me. I don't know how to explain it. I just have a feeling I never had. I have actually had many feelings. Like right now, I'm cold. Danger is nearby....."

Abron Mar appears. He looks as Klai does, but behind him are four Nohgri with Yysalamari and cortosis armor on them, each weilding a cortosis sword. Mar also has a more sleek suit of armor, and in his hands is a large blaster rife.

"Ahh, welcome home brother. It would appear I have the pleasure of killing you myself and don't need to spend any money for some pathetic bounty hunter to do so."

"Where are our friends? ckcsaber and Drey?" Klai demands holding both of his blasters up.

"Those pathetic rats! Dead. They never made it into our throne room! Neither will you three!"

Abron Mar lets his Nohgri out on the three. One grabs Klai and tries to snap his back into two, but Klai shoves his blaster down its throat and tightens the trigger.

"Three on three! That'd be a bit more equal if they weren't so strong!"

Bond finds his saber and Force attacks are nothing but futile attempts to kill the attackers. Obi is thrown into a wall and feels his arm break under his body. He screams aloud, and a Nohgri charges him with sword drawn.

But before the Nohgri had the chance to strike Bond down, Obi took out not his lightsaber, but his twin Blastek Pistols and started firing at every pressure point possible on the Nohgri.

Bond was aiming for the Nohgri's shoulder, or what he thought was its shoulder, and the blaster fire shot off not only the dude's arm, but put a huge hole through the sword he was carrying also.

The Nohgri fell dead. Mar frowned, "I underestimated you."

He runs back down the hall, and the two Nohgri continue to attack Klai. Klai manages to kill one and knee one. The beast falls. It stubles across the floor, leaving Bond to take a pistol and finish it off.

"Come on, let's go get Mar and Takara before they escape!"

Archived