Home

Have it yet?

Chewbacco

$10 a month, to pay the moderators for their full time jobs and constant patching and server matenance,etc...oh and to get an extra buck or two.;)

Plus I think it's a $50 purchase...so $160 for your first year of play (1st month free). Dunno if I'll get it even tho it seems pretty awesome...

Originally posted by darthfergie

Plus I think it's a $50 purchase...so $160 for your first year of play (1st month free). Dunno if I'll get it even tho it seems pretty awesome...

Yeah, but how many games do you know of where you can litterally play for an entire year straight? You don't need any other games all year if you have this. And if you don't want to play it all year, just use it for a month or two or whatever, you're not locked into a contract.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Yeah, but how many games do you know of where you can litterally play for an entire year straight? You don't need any other games all year if you have this. And if you don't want to play it all year, just use it for a month or two or whatever, you're not locked into a contract.

True. True. I quit playing JKII in like four months after I got it.

well, you can't really compare the two, other than that the viewpoints are similar..

SWG is a pertinent world. It's online. Characters are other players somewhere else on the planet.

It's the closest you'll ever get to stepping into the Star Wars world.

I'd say that if you have the time and the devotion, 160 dollars for a first year is hardly a risk at all.

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

well, you can't really compare the two, other than that the viewpoints are similar..

SWG is a pertinent world. It's online. Characters are other players somewhere else on the planet.

It's the closest you'll ever get to stepping into the Star Wars world.

I'd say that if you have the time and the devotion, 160 dollars for a first year is hardly a risk at all.

SlashAndBurn was referring to the Xbox port of SWG, not SWK.

Not much info is known about that. We do know that it'll run on the Xbox Live servers, and therefore will be cut off from the PC players. My guess is that they will still charge their own monthly fee for moderators and content update, but it should be significantly lower than the PC version because they don't have to bother with server maintenance, which will be handled by Microsoft.

Archived