Home

The Existance of Intelligent Aliens?

Lost Welshman

Originally posted by Lost Welshman

Maybe without our knowing there is a whole network of alien life forms in the universe, able to travel almost instantaneously towards each other. OR maybe an ancient race with great echnology targeted trillions of planets and loaded up meteors full of people and fired them out. Over billions of years they crash and life forms

Dude you should write a book or something. Cause that sounds REALLY weird.

i know that we are not the only ones in the universe. i along with 4 people seen a UFO. and it was similar to how people describe them looking. except it was'nt a silveryish saucer. it was kinda like a yellowish very dim light. it almost looked like a round peice of cheese was cut into 1/2. this observation lasted about 3 seconds, then really fast it zigged and zagged. and shot out away into the sky. not only was it kinda strange it was beutiful. that night it was very dark, the sky was pitch black. there were clauds, but it was so black we could'nt see that there were any clauds. when the UFO shot away it broke through the clouds leaving a big whole, and kinda like a neonish purple light streeked back, kinda like a fade. so it was weird and beutiful. i have many theories that scientists agree on, one is that they come to check on us to see how we are evolving. our planet is always forever evolving, climate and as well as species. but one day we will have to leave this planet for 2 reasons. first we as a species are over populating the planet, and one day will use up all of our planets resources. second is the change of climate. we can not stop evolution, mass earth quakes and as well as another ice age. we will have to leave this planet. so my theory is other life forms come and visit us for the sole purpose of studying us to see if we have evolved in technology. or they might be here to help us with knowledge. but since that has'nt happend i can only guess it is because we as humans have not learned about "UNIVERSAL COSMIC BROTHERHOOD" anyone can observe we like to kill each other. if you were a space traveler would you want to go and hang out at a planet that everyone is barbaric and kill anything on site. we humans have a tendancy to shoot things we are affraid of. think of it as like the hunters who put animal heads on their walls too. now this may seem a real deep subject, but its only my theory.

i have another theory that scientists also agree on. if we do need to leave this planet we have to find a new planet to live on. see but to the topic, the aliens are more advanced than us. as most of you know space tavel is not fast, and even to go to another galaxy to faster speed would still take a long time. by what i observed from the UFO i seen it was like a speed of zero to a hundred in lest than a second. but my theory is there is a gate, like a star gate. to jump to one galaxy to another. and if no space jump exists, then when we do leave the planet we would be on a long journey. scientists believe we would have to creat a huge breading ship. these ships have to travel and find a planet that we can live on. and hyper sleep is a issue too. another theory scientists say is that if breeding ships are impossible to make, then we would have to change ourselves. by this meaning we have to alter our aperance. yes mutating our body to with stand the climates of other planets.

Sorry Ninja but I dont beleive you. Sure you can say that but there is no way to prove it. Its like me saying, *Ahem* I figured out how to rip a whole through space and time and travel to anywhere in the universe in no time at all. But im not telling you how.

Anyway, Does anyone find the fact that our oceans could be in habited by huge titan like creatures, just swiming causeing huge tidal shifts (OOOOH OOOOOH)

there is a theory about space travel, that went from a scientist to a movie. this movie was called event horizon. the old theory was to travel from point A to B is a straight line. i'm going to try to explaine this as best as i can. a peice of paper has A on the left and B on the right. fold paper in half to where A and B meet. poke a hole through it. something like that. so that A and B co-exist. the fastest way to point A and B is to co-exist. that is the theory many scientists talk about. so i would not be the only one you would disagree with.

and also we have never actually went through a "black hole" or the milky way. scientists think that one of those is the space jump.

Originally posted by ninja

there is a theory about space travel, that went from a scientist to a movie. this movie was called event horizon. the old theory was to travel from point A to B is a straight line. i'm going to try to explaine this as best as i can. a peice of paper has A on the left and B on the right. fold paper in half to where A and B meet. poke a hole through it. something like that. so that A and B co-exist. the fastest way to point A and B is to co-exist. that is the theory many scientists talk about. so i would not be the only one you would disagree with.

and also we have never actually went through a "black hole" or the milky way. scientists think that one of those is the space jump.

Actually, scientists think that Wormholes are the way to take a shortcut from point A to point B. Most scientists are completely against the jumping through a black hole idea....because a black hole is simply extremely dense matter....it's not a gate to anywhere, and if it were, passing through it would be impossible.

yes yes thats what i meant "worm holes" i got it mixed up not the black hole. its just some stuff i heard about a few years ago. but there has to be a spave jump because if other life forms lived many light years away they still would have to make a jump. its like we need to get to a city far away from us. and the best way to get there is by the free way. you can get what i'm trying to say right?

Except that traveling on a highway doesn't involve finding the smaller than atoms wormholes, making them big enough to send an entire ship through, and then having enough exotic matter (approximately equaling the mass of jupiter by calculations) to hold that wormhole open long enough to pass through.........;)

all i really have to say is anything is possible. things like speed of light travel will definitely not happen while im alive but i believe it will. and for those saying speed of light travel is impossible you're wrong and dont use einstein to prove your point i read the books i studied the stuff what he said is if you have a light on your ship and you were going the speed of light it would still be ahead of you. well thats because its getting basically a headstart type of thing. you are infront of me and start running then i start running we run the same speed you will always be ahead of me. now that thats out of the way. i think time travel is possible but it will come with extremely risky consequences. aliens they exist they are out there somewhere who knows maybe they are here on earth maybe under the ocean in the deepest parts. i believe someday we will finally reach the bottom of the oceans but not for a long long time. that is if mankind doesnt destroy itself these things can happen.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

all i really have to say is anything is possible. things like speed of light travel will definitely not happen while im alive but i believe it will. and for those saying speed of light travel is impossible you're wrong and dont use einstein to prove your point i read the books i studied the stuff what he said is if you have a light on your ship and you were going the speed of light it would still be ahead of you. well thats because its getting basically a headstart type of thing. you are infront of me and start running then i start running we run the same speed you will always be ahead of me. now that thats out of the way. i think time travel is possible but it will come with extremely risky consequences. aliens they exist they are out there somewhere who knows maybe they are here on earth maybe under the ocean in the deepest parts. i believe someday we will finally reach the bottom of the oceans but not for a long long time. that is if mankind doesnt destroy itself these things can happen.

Perhaps you should know more about science before stating such things.....almost every single theory that einstein had has been proven, so you can't just denounce him. And if you were going the speed of light on a ship and fired a light off it would go the speed of light away from you. Meaning it would seem to be moving at twice the speed of light, except it wouldn't. So it's not a head-start sort of thing. If you fired it off from right next to you while traveling at the speed of light it would still go away from you. Speed of light at relativistic speeds is really really really weird, and the more you think about it the less it makes sense.

Traveling at the speed of light becomes impossible because to propel anything with mass at the speed of light would require an infinite force....and there is no such thing as an infinite force.

• 2 weeks later...

Its called the Drake Equation people!

N=(R*)(Fp)(Ne)(Fi)(Fi)(Fe)(L)

That is, The total number of civilizations in our galaxy we can detect (N) equals the rate of the formation of stars suitable for the developement of life (R*) times Fp, the number of stars with planets, times planets that can support life (Ne), [breathe] times the planets where life can appear, and does, times the number of planets with actual intellegent life, times the number of intellegent species that actually try to communicate that fact (radio or otherwise) times L, the probablilty that the civilization will merely wipe itself out.

It works out to about 10000 planets in our galaxy with possible intellegent life. Thats still a lot, all things considered.

(and no, i didnt copy and paste that)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

almost every single theory that einstein had has been proven, so you can't just denounce him

Not to dissagree with anything else you siad, but they're not proven yet, thats why they call them theories.

And considering the size of the universe, _CKY_, its totally impossible there arent other life forms in the universe.

Originally posted by Lime-Light

Not to dissagree with anything else you siad, but they're not proven yet, thats why they call them theories.

Not true. Theories can easily be proven hypothesises and they often incorporate laws as well. Calling them theories does not mean that they're not true.

Actually, Newton's law of gravity was disproven by Einstien. It was instead replaced with his theory. His theory has not yet been disproven.

Laws are descriptive generalization about nature. Disproving the law of gravity did not mean everything was suspended in mid-air until a Einstein's new theory took its place. This is one of the things that bothers me most about creationists - they're lack of understanding about how science works seemingly grants them irrefutable proof of creation. Blergh.

Regarding the Drake equation, the figure of "L" is very speculative - we can't know this for sure really, has we only have ourselves to judge by. What would happen if a big ass meteor rammed into a planet that was just about to grow into advanced forms of life?

Originally posted by Lime-Light

And I never said I was a creationist, if thats what you were alluding to.

Ah, don't worry. I was just correcting you so the actual creationists wouldn't start getting ideas in the head about evolution "only being a theory, not a fact". I've seen too many of those already ;)

Archived