Home

blood island map

Skib

That could work pretty well if you take some artistic freedom. Woodtick is pretty cramped, so you'd have to make it a lot larger and give more space to move.

Has anyone played "Half-Life: Argh!"? I haven't, but I know that it has a pirate theme (who would have guessed?) and so I wonder if there are some worthy maps. Y'know with ships and islands and port towns...

IMO Blood Island would be the best, although I haven't really put that much thought into the other islands. Here is what I would modify about the island:

the beach where your ship crashes would be extended to circle around the back of the island and connect to the light house and lead to the windmill. The the windmill would be connected to the back of the graveyard.

Capture the flag:

Capture points at the sacrificing place at the volcano and the top of the windmill.

I think you could do this with Battlefield 1942 or maybe the Delta Force engine. BF1942 already has some beautiful islands. Maybe also some of the new true FPSs (those other games are more like tactical shooters) like Unreal Tournament 2003 or Unreal 2 (which is released in a few days).

Is anyone besides Gabez into mapping? I started to create some Quake 1, Half-Life and AvsP2 maps but never got beyond tutorials. This should be easier for me since I'm really interested in architecture and 3D environments. The editors could be better to handle, though, like Doom's were. Creating levels for that was fun.

Archived