Home

Quality Question-and-answer thread

jediduo

Originally posted by Artoo

Ok #1 I use ME. :)

And I have really good question, what moron thought that lbs. was a better abbreviation for pounds than pds?

This has me very aggravated.

Well, lbs. is the abbreviation for the latin word "libras" which is synonymous to "pounds." :)

And SilentHunter, Link and DSS, I think you're all wrong :p . "Twice as cold" is only a figure of speech, used mostly while talking, just to express the fact that it's very cold. So there is no fixed numerical temperature for that question. In other words, 20 F is not twice as cold as 40 F. It's just a figure of speech :p

And Fergie, that's very interesting ;)

yeah... i think 'twice as cold' is relative to some "absolute" temp... you'd have to either find out a number half way between absolute zero and the 0 degrees or have an original temperature and double the difference between the two... who knows... if you made it kelvins or somethin, maybe you could use some kinda geo sequence or somethin... i don't know what i'm talkin about really........

btw, i use 98:D

Originally posted by Silenthunter

Yeah, he has it reforged in Rivendell during FotR. And if i remember correctly, he had it with him before that, and it wasn't already in there like in the movie. I remember him showing it to Sam on Weathertop. At least, I think it was Weathertop. Maybe it was in Bree.

I believe its Bree when Sam is uncertain of Aragorn and then after Boromir tells his dream he throws it on the table at Rivendell where it is reforged

it was in bree, after butterbur had given them the letter from gandalf and aragorn was talking to the hobbits, he says something like if i wanted the ring, i could have it - NOW! and then stands up and grabs his sword. then he says that he'll protect them with his life and then draws out his sword and they see it's broken. after they get to rivendell, he has it reforged before setting out in the fellowship.

EDIT -- can someone tell me what this means? i got kicked offline, and then when i reconnected, my msn browser had this message:

"This is a default test page for the Advertising Delivery System (ADS) indicating you have successfully pinged an individual IIS Server by IP."

anyone know what that's about?

Archived