Home

Palpatine/sidious model

WJTW

I've downloaded this model titled Palpatine/Darth Sidious.

I used the npc.cfg file and replaced the Desann model with the Palpatine model.

However, the lightsaber (and its hilt), instead of being held, was inside the model's body! And when the lightsabre ignits, the sabre would stick through his back. When Palpatine/Desann fall on the ground, the sabre would still be 'held'.

So, what is the problem? Have I done the model-switch correctly? Was this model even meant for SP?

The screenshots provided by the person had perfectly held lightsabres.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

WJTW

The problem of the misplaced lightsabre happens when you load up a previously saved game. If you had played through the game with Desann, saved, added the modification, then loaded up, the sabers would be wonky.

The way to solve it is start again, and reload up the map you were last playing.

:rolleyes: extract all the files for the palp to a new folder, say "...gameData/emppalpmod/mod". the files arw now in directory "...gamedata/emppalpmod/mod/models/players/*/". create a new folder in "players/" called desann (spell it right). :) cut the model/default.skin and model.glm from the palpatine texture folder and paste in 'desann'. now remove your altered npcs.cfg file, it's unneeded (unless you want to resize him. if u want palp's sounds, extract the sounds for him in a similar way. this time, just change the folder name from "...chars/*/misc" to "...chars/desann/misc". zip it into a pk3, and it better work.

edit: i don't think that happens with NPC's, does it Hexx? only w/ player, i thought.

I've only seen it happen with mods that replace the player models. I can remember my Battle Droids having blasters above their heads. :D

I'll see if I can create the bug. But replacing Desann with Palp like you said above it the best idea. Easier and less problems. :)

Archived