Home

Starting out

Chewie Bakker

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

First get 3D studio max 4.x, then the raven toolkit 1.0 with xsi plugin.

You can check my page for some pointers (under tutorials).

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/

...and i think this belongs in the general editing forum.

Thanks for the info Psyk0Sith. I've created a Modelling & Skinning folder in my favorites and added your webpage to it.

I'll have to start downloading the necessary programs now.

Thanks once again.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.

you could try Gmax indeed, but then you can't export them though... or something like that... I never modelled a player model before so I don't really know.

BUT I do know its impossible to do something if you have Gmax, something you need to do if you want to make player models.

.. well I do know there is a way on how to get 3dsmax, for ..

$0.00... *cough*..*cough*..KaZaA..*cough*... damn cold....

Actually, if you download the Quake 3 Gamepak thing, then you can export them into JK2 I think, but I'm not sure if thats just for static models or player models, but It's worth taking a look.

EDIT: I just noticed your from Australia as well, if you wanna do it the easy way, go down to your local newsagent and look for PCPowerplay DVD Edition(this assumes you have a DVD playa on your comp) and G-MAX + all the Tuts and stuff like that will be on the CD.

Originally posted by Neø

Actually, if you download the Quake 3 Gamepak thing, then you can export them into JK2 I think, but I'm not sure if thats just for static models or player models, but It's worth taking a look.

EDIT: I just noticed your from Australia as well, if you wanna do it the easy way, go down to your local newsagent and look for PCPowerplay DVD Edition(this assumes you have a DVD playa on your comp) and G-MAX + all the Tuts and stuff like that will be on the CD.

Ah yes, PC/DVD Powerplay. A worthwhile idea.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Archived