Home

what do you think a christian is?

Mandalorian54

I am not stating anything about prayer besides the fact that it can be answered with a no. Lots of people have died when their lives were threatened. That is the price we pay for sin.

Sin is the reason we die. We were not officially dying until the apple was eaten. The reason was because sin is negative and anything that is negative to our body causes it to die a little. This is all in a nutshell mind you.

Death is no reason for God to do something. If so we would not have martyrs.

BigTeddyPaul

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'jais, have you heard of miracles? There are such things...some happenings can be unaccounted for! God can assure there is no draught in India, or whatever, he is the Almightly God, and can summon and control all on Earth...

BigTeddyPaul, I totally agree with you, sin is what kills people, gradually over time. I am just saying God can extend peoples lives, he will not let them live for ever...thats whats Heaven is for (can't wait to get there...!)

Originally posted by Izzy

C'jais, have you heard of miracles? There are such things...some happenings can be unaccounted for! God can assure there is no draught in India, or whatever, he is the Almightly God, and can summon and control all on Earth...

God gapping. If we cant readily explain it or understand it, lets attribute it to God.

I have to wonder to myself how much further we'd be as a society if people never God gapped...

Its not God gapping. Technically, God is in control of everything...but by unexplainable miracles...Okay, my friends Dad, was at a prayer group. One of the members had lost one of her legs, it had been amputated because a tree fell on it. Well, this group of full on Christians living for God, prayed for this lady, for a new leg, and it grew back right before their eyes! It sounds pretty impossible, but it DID happen, trust me.

Now is that, or is that not a miracle from God?

I rest my case.

I will tell you what that is it is BS. Legs do not grow back. Even Jesus used severed parts of the body to place back.

I do believe in the mind overcoming obscene obstacles like telling a person you are going to poke them with a lite cigarette thus causing a burn mark. The mind then has the potential to create a burn where the spot was that was poked by the pencil (pencil took the place of the cigarette). Mind has the potential to do great things to the body but in no way can it regenerate lost body parts.

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch of the Brittish army in Africa against the Zulus where a "tiger" came in the middle of the night and ate an officer's leg. Funny as hell because he kept asking when it would grow back.

If what you said was true then all the pope's peeps would be fine and Mother Teressas people would not be poor and starving and all the other ailments. Does that mean the the millions/billions of people who pray for no one to die in the Iraq invasion are not entitled to a miracle even though I am sure those same people who prayed for the leg prayed about the War.

BigTeddyPaul

Well, this group of full on Christians living for God, prayed for this lady, for a new leg, and it grew back right before their eyes! It sounds pretty impossible, but it DID happen, trust me.

Why again it is God who did it? Because it looks like miracle. Seeing is not believing any more. Face it. Maybe it's a highly improbable situation but it can be explained without some stucked up omnimpotent oldman from the Bible.

Miracle is just a word that stubborn christians use for defining the unexplainable. Is there actually a proof for miracle?

A so-called religious trance might be the cause of such cellular activity which resulted in extreme cell regeneration and nothing more. Remember yoga, they can lower their body tempetrature, stop heart bitting. But trance actually has nothing to do with even word "religious" but more to human's extreme awareness

It may be even mutation. Highly unprobable but still possible.

Why still a miracle by Christian God? If there are so many reasons for not concerning him in these matters

People who have faith in God believe everything is attributed to him whether it is a death, grades on papers, happiness in love, etc. God has a plan and all that. So when freaky deaky things happen believers attribute it to God. Better to have it from God than some abnormal manipulation of the mind.

The leg thing is still BS because if it was true we would have the physician on all the news and everyone would know about it. It would be famous.

I think that answers your question.

BigTeddyPaul

well, there was this one time when we hypnotized our dog who got nutered and when we told the dog that it grew back, it did:rolleyes:

and then we mass hypnotized people in New York into thinking George W. was actually Bill Clinton and then George W. got a blow job from an intern and started playing the saxaphone:rolleyes:

People who have faith in God believe everything is attributed to him whether it is a death, grades on papers, happiness in love, etc. God has a plan and all that. So when freaky deaky things happen believers attribute it to God. Better to have it from God than some abnormal manipulation of the mind.

Reality doesn't care about you being better, it puts you to the test with its natural selection. The Same would have done God if he was in place (which is not). Do you think he would have been that limited to put us in his divine plan which is really a labyrinth with many blind leads leading to no exit. It's a test for your faith. Do you want to be a human without so-called free will with high level ability (as you put it)? Or you have treat God as not only attracter of unexplainable

The leg thing is still BS because if it was true we would have the physician on all the news and everyone would know about it. It would be famous.

Why don't people run with superstring theory and there's none in the streets talking about it?. Because it's not proven and can not even make predictions. And scientists are already fed with such dirt that it's hard for them to except such things without implicit proof. They don't recognize it to be a studying material. And if you want to see those famous physicians read yellow paper, there's a lot of it there.

Why do you still want to put completeness in your life? Stop trying

Originally posted by Homuncul

Why don't people run with superstring theory and there's none in the streets talking about it?. Because it's not proven and can not even make predictions. And scientists are already fed with such dirt that it's hard for them to except such things without implicit proof. They don't recognize it to be a studying material. And if you want to see those famous physicians read yellow paper, there's a lot of it there.

Why do you still want to put completeness in your life? Stop trying

If the leg thing was true it seems rather easy to prove. Amputated was used which means a surgery. You would have records and probably pictures. Fair enough. Didn't happen.

And who wants their life to be complete? Seems rather boring to me if you have everything. My life is far from complete and I like it that way. This stuff is becoming stupid and unless there is some more valid arguments I will stop posting here.

BigTeddyPaul

Who on this thread has read the bible? All those miracles happened

How do you know?

Trust me, a leg cannot "grow back". It just can't. If there was a single case where it did, it'd be all over the science mags, tabloids and general newspapers. It hasn't happened.

Posted by BigTeddyPaul

And who wants their life to be complete? Seems rather boring to me if you have everything. My life is far from complete and I like it that way. This stuff is becoming stupid and unless there is some more valid arguments I will stop posting here.

It's not the complete that I want. Everyone knows that what's perfect and complete doesn't matter it is all static thing. All that matter is dynamic, our movement towards perfection and completeness which would never stop. People move that line unequally some faster some slower. You're contradicting with yourself.

First of all you came here for some reason. To see what people talk. This way or another You took the knowledge of it. And more you found here something that moved you to react which is a dynamic. You chose to answer a post. You improve yourself so it's actually useless to talk about it.

So in sub-conscious you don't like it that way. And if you now answer me you only prove yourself wrong on your consious rational level. So keep moving

Posted by C'jais

Trust me, a leg cannot "grow back". It just can't. If there was a single case where it did, it'd be all over the science mags, tabloids and general newspapers. It hasn't happened.

"It can't grow back because it just can't" is somehow circular. And there're thousands of such examples in pulp fiction (mutants, aliens etc.). Of course it's highly unprobable but I actually explained before how it could happen. I thought we were demytholising miracles and not the inadequate work of mass media. Of course there are strange things in our world (of course not miracles) which can be explained (I believe) by paying close attention to them and not only by yellow press.

I believe if there was really something that could be very closly defined as miracle would only be due to our limited perception only of space-time (with time only in one direction)

Now I don't have problem if you people do not believe in God, but what will happen when you die? Will everything go on just like it was before you were concieved? Maybe, but your souls will go to hell (don't mean to be harsh, though it is true). God is a kind and loving God, and one way he shows his love is through miracles.

Quote from Matthew Chapter 7 vs7:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find it; knock, and the door will open for you."

If you ask God for something with all your heart, he will give it to you when the time is right:D

Take JK3 for example, I know I will get it!

I improve myself by answering posts? Ummm okay. And it is nice to tell me to keep moving when I said unless there was some better material in here I would not post.

And there was. That's why you answered.

Now I don't have problem if you people do not believe in God, but what will happen when you die? Will everything go on just like it was before you were concieved? Maybe, but your souls will go to hell (don't mean to be harsh, though it is true). God is a kind and loving God, and one way he shows his love is through miracles.

I thought miracles were for convincing of his divine existence because people just love to forget about him

Death is said to be uncurable inhereted desease and vital part of life. And if you consider death holiday and vacation enough as I do you would only think of it as a right thing. And life's too short to think about and prepare yourself for what's gonna be after it. Although I believe in God and consider myself righteous enough.

Heard some people talking about their close people death. That it was like the soul were going off the body and person was loosing his life. I don't know how our life ends. I'm sure it's something like falling asleep and nothing else.

Every day you woke up in your future. You are not the one you were a day before. So it somehow feels like rebirth or simply birth. The same with death it's like you can't stop falling asleep and that's it. Just when you fall asleep and not die you start to see dreams (guard mechanism of your mind). When you die you don't have time to see them. And hell is like for kids to structure their moral views which are required to live in a civilized society

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find it; knock, and the door will open for you."

That's what I love in biblical quotes. They are just so free for interpreting that I could say that it looks like an instruction of your behavior on the airplane in the section of toilet search (chapter 7 vs. 7).

Are you a christian Homuncul? Cool if you are. In reply to wot said, though this life may be short, the next one is going to be for eternity. Now, would you prefer to be joyful in the Kingdom of God, enjoying everything and do lots of awesome stuff? Or do you choose the torture and hardship and pain and suffering of hell? Its for eternity, so you'd better decide!

I personally choose the riches of Heaven.

Originally posted by Homuncul

And life's too short to think about and prepare yourself for what's gonna be after it. Although I believe in God and consider myself righteous enough.

Heard some people talking about their close people death. That it was like the soul were going off the body and person was loosing his life. I don't know how our life ends. I'm sure it's something like falling asleep and nothing else.

Every day you woke up in your future. You are not the one you were a day before. So it somehow feels like rebirth or simply birth. The same with death it's like you can't stop falling asleep and that's it. Just when you fall asleep and not die you start to see dreams (guard mechanism of your mind). When you die you don't have time to see them. And hell is like for kids to structure their moral views which are required to live in a civilized society

So much explanation for simply going to bed! ;)

Yeh, I agree.

What's with dreams again? How are they guard mechanisms?

That's what I love in biblical quotes. They are just so free for interpreting that I could say that it looks like an instruction of your behavior on the airplane in the section of toilet search (chapter 7 vs. 7).

ROFL! Right on, man.

Now, would you prefer to be joyful in the Kingdom of God, enjoying everything and do lots of awesome stuff? Or do you choose the torture and hardship and pain and suffering of hell?

Better to reign in hell then serve in heaven.

I would rather spend eternity sucking satans greasy dick then buddying up to god just because he threatens me to do it.

Munik, that's sad.

But anyway, I think this is a great discussion and it is a great way to talk to people about Christianity.

I'm a Christian, and it means you have accepted Jesus into your heart and asked God to forgive your sins. Then you do God's Will(that's not a bad thing you people who think we're wasting time) and do that by praying and reading the Bible for guidance.

I think it's sad that you would desire to spend eternity as the lapdog of a being who created you just to do what he told you to do, because if you don't you will get punished. god tells you this, yet you still choose him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really buy into this crap. When I die, I'm not going to hell, or heaven for that matter. Just gonna be gone.

izzy:

Are you a christian Homuncul? Cool if you are. In reply to wot said, though this life may be short, the next one is going to be for eternity. Now, would you prefer to be joyful in the Kingdom of God, enjoying everything and do lots of awesome stuff? Or do you choose the torture and hardship and pain and suffering of hell? Its for eternity, so you'd better decide!

I personally choose the riches of Heaven.

How greedy you are? (about riches of Heaven)

I don't know if I'm christian it depends on how you see a christian. If you see the person who was christened and had a good religious upbringing then I'm a christian. If you call that one for his beliefs in Holy Bible then I'm far from it.

About eternity: I can hardly imagine eternity. For me it's like instance and whole time of our universe at the same time.

I decide to take knowledge of this world first than I'll take of Heaven or Hell (wherever I'm going). I am joyful because I live in a beautiful world with lots of awesome stuff in it and I'm not going to become dull and serious and forget about everything only to think about my salvation and my future joy. I see wonders of this realm and I want to understand them first before moving to another level. I'll take my punishment for it. You could say then that I don't know what punishment and flames of Hell are but neither do you. Greed is a sin and our nature. If not in absurd amounts I agree living with it and with any other sin.

Archived