Home

what do you think a christian is?

Mandalorian54

I want to know what the christians think a christian is, and what the other people think of christians.

The truth is however that the average christian, demonination not considered, is a black native african woman.

there are more christians over in Africa then in North America or Europe or Asia or Australia.

But what I mean by what do you think a christian is, is what you think it means to be a christian, not what type of race.

But if your going to say, most christians this, or most christians that, take into mind that your talking about Africans.

None of this is directed at anyone of course, just curiouse as a christian what exactly the world thinks.

Myself, I think a christian has to believe the Bible. And must have accepted Jesus into his heart and confessed his sins to GOD, not to a priest. Because it is said in my Bible.

If something is not in the Bible, like aliens, then I do not think it is significant or required for daily life.

so what say you?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i say your beliefs are gonna get you alot of hardships. especially since your saying we all hafta be like you and you other christians

personally, I think a christian is anyone who is willing to throw away 3-5 hours sitting in a building listening to some guy talk about they're going to Hell. then, they gotta give up MORE of their time handing out flyers for their churches and going downtown during Rally by the River to give us 'HEATHENS' a talkdown and then to get the mayor on us when we tell em all to piss off*BUBBLES!!*!

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

personally, I think a christian is anyone who is willing to throw away 3-5 hours sitting in a building listening to some guy talk about they're going to Hell. then, they gotta give up MORE of their time handing out flyers for their churches and going downtown during Rally by the River to give us 'HEATHENS' a talkdown and then to get the mayor on us when we tell em all to piss off*BUBBLES!!*!

You are quite misinformed. What about those people that risk their lives trying to spread a message that they believe in? What about those who are always there for someone when they need it and those who have a steadfast love for God. Don't group ALL Christians into a lump like that for that is only about 5% true. Those Christians who hand out flyers should NOT be doing that, no matter what they say.

Okay, the deal with the africans: There are more christians in africa then in north america. or any other country.

I don't know how to explain that more clearly, could you explain more clearly what you don't understand?

And I don't know about you but I've never handed out a flyer for christianity in my life. I have delivered flyers for a water bottling company.

It doesn't matter weather your a christian or not, you have to give up your time. You give your time to video games, or tv, you give your time to your girl freind(s), you give time to school, work, evrything.

I sit in a building listning to some guy talk about hell, way less than you sit in a building and listn to a guy talk about math and science. (assuming your a student)

And I really don't like rallies. Many christians do, but I can't stand gospel worship. Worship is your lifestyle, singing is a form of worship, but just one form.

As for christian activites I go to christian concerts, only Punk and Rock though, and youth groop, and 'fun activites'. For example, this friday I and my youth groop and some other christian youth groops are going to Laser Quest for an all night game thing.

Well christians are sooooo boring...... bla bla bla.

I mean this in a nice way of course, please don't take it wrong, I'm not flaming.

but I am glad you shared that MydnightPsion.

take MydnightPsion his reply for example Obi wan, that's exactly what kind of an answer I was looking for.

keepim comin

quote:Mandalorinan54

I sit in a building listning to some guy talk about hell, way less than you sit in a building and listn to a guy talk about math and science.

i sit in school because its either that or jail. you sit in church based on your free will to listen to the pastor talk about blind faith. there is a world of difference

so if you could you would live on the street without an education unable to get a job and afford a home or a car?

people give thier time to lots of things cause they want to, they find it benaficial or entertaining.

And hearing a preacher explain GOD's word on a regular basis helps christians live a better life. Like going to school helps people get Jobs.

Just because you went to highschool that doesn't make you educated. If you did not attend highschool, that does not make you uneducated.

I think you made up the african thing. Maybe you could give us a source, or something to back that up.

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

so if you could you would live on the street without an education unable to get a job and afford a home or a car?

people give thier time to lots of things cause they want to, they find it benaficial or entertaining.

And hearing a preacher explain GOD's word on a regular basis helps christians live a better life. Like going to school helps people get Jobs.

for one, my parents tought me how to read before i started school, so no help there. after that, the only thing i learned from school is that humans as a whole are self destructive, and from then until my freshman year of highschool, i devulged whatever i could from books, thus making teaching me pointless, because i often know more than the teacher on a subject*and my senior english teacher admitted to me knowing more than him on a subject*. so yes, if it was up to me, i wouldn't goto school. i'd sit in a library and teach myself.

1st i want to start by saying the only reason we go to school in America, dont know about other countries, is so we get jobs and pay taxes.... it the truth....lol...really

ok...now, a christian is a follower of Christ, but there is a lot more to it than that. first u have to accept Jesus into your life as your savior, then u recieve the Holy Spirit, then you have to get baptized, ok yeah anyone can do that, but, thats the point....the bible says anyone who asks Jesus into their lives and truly means it, will receive, that was in my own words.....

about what you said mydnightpsion, i only go to church about 2 1/2 hours on sunday. then we have a bible study during the week, God requires 10% percent of everything he gives us(or something like that....money and time anyways) so im supposed to spend about 2 hours and 40 minutes with God a day, i think, its been a while since i did the math. *i got to admit i dont:( *

The only reason any of us are here is to worship God, but satan screwed that up, so he made humans, and adam and eve screwed that up..... so anyways, thats why we are here, the job of a christian is to spred God's word, to tell people there is a new hope, Jesus Christ.

So i sort of explained what i think a christian is above....im christian, and i will do my job.

oh come on the only thing you leaned in school is that humans as a whole are self destructive. Please spare me the nonsense.

be realistic, theres no need to be retarted.

evryone learns the parts of speach, functions of words, defenitions, spelling, math, science, forein launguages like french and spanish, the list goes on.

And if not learning anything in school doesn't mean uneducated, than we don't have the same deffinition of uneducated.

your not born able to do algebra and geometry, you have to be tought it, and withought a colloge or university degree you can't get a decent job.

most full time jobs require at least a highschool diploma.

I suppose you'll just make a liveing selling drugs then?:rolleyes:

I hope this is not offensive and considered flameing.

oh come on the only thing you leaned in school is that humans as a whole are self destructive. Please spare me the nonsense.

He was saying that he can teach himself more than school can teach him. And for some people it's quite true that they can easily teach themselves things. I actually taught myself to read because i wanted to play video games that had scrolling text.

But there is a BIG difference between spending time in school and spending time in church. Because if you're a student christian you spend time doing BOTH. And since you seem so hellbent on pushing your beliefs upon everyone here i'm guessing you were a student christian. Thusly, your argument holds no water.

Another thing to ponder on is, do you have FUN at church? I goto church every other week about, and i for sure do not have fun. I dont hate it, sometime i enjoy the sermon and think that it's a really good message. But fun? no. And most things that people do in their spare times, if they're not related to making themselves a functioning member of society are intended to entertain them.

But if your going to say, most christians this, or most christians that, take into mind that your talking about Africans.

Yes.....that makes.....no sense atall..........

Dude, how the hell is that NOT flaming? :mad: You're really starting to annoy me here, man... :disaprove

evryone learns the parts of speach, functions of words, defenitions, spelling, math, science, forein launguages like french and spanish, the list goes on.

And if not learning anything in school doesn't mean uneducated, than we don't have the same deffinition of uneducated.

your not born able to do algebra and geometry, you have to be tought it, and withought a colloge or university degree you can't get a decent job.

nonsense? retarted? you *insert worst insult that won't get me ban*. you little self righteous preppy holy crusader thought you were God's gift to the world flamer.

Anyone can learn the concepts of speech from listening to people talk. How do you think babies learn. Durrrrr...

Please, enlighten us. What does uneducated mean? Because for me uneducated is simply a word used by teachers used to insult students who don't try in that class and by callus *******s who have nothing better to do but talk about how they're better than everyone else.

Cant get a decent job without a diploma? how about the military? Durrrr...

Selling drugs? Oh you mean those things that I dont do anymore because one bad buzz lasted a bit too long? If need be, sure I'll sell drugs. What the hell if I'm gettin paid.

And yes, it is flaming.

edit: sorry, forgot I probably should pm'd this, eh?

You're a fruit. I reckon one day you'll step out from under the shelter of your parents and into the real world, then maybe all your self righteous ideologies will shatter. Hopefully then you will be able to reformulate a realistic view of the world, one that isn't so self centered and ignorant.

But for now, go ahead and spout your nonsense. Get it out while you still can, when you're young enough to believe it and young enough not to get beat for it.

Boy do I love Senate Chambers now...If this stuff was still in the Swamp there would be nobody left...cause everyone would be sick of all this pointless bickering.

Mandalorian, I acknowledge your opinions, and I really don't think it was your fault. You came here wanted to start a discussion and it turned into a holy war. I think you might overstated and offended some people a little in your other thread and people (like MydnightPrison) just assumed you always carried around this ignorant, self-centered attitude.

I think everyone needs to broaden their perceptions and think about everyone's opinions before replying what comes to your mind first. Sure, Mandalorian may seem a little uninformed about some things, so why not try to inform him, in a nice, mature way? Why not state your opinions in a reasonable, logical, and polite way? Must I provide an example?!? Unless nobody can read, this forum is for discussion, not bickering and endless arguements that degrade this thread.

If you people are not mature enough to act your age, then I pity you...:rolleyes:

Where to begin where to begin

1. People can teach themselves stuff. You do not have to go to a HS or a university and get a degree to make something of yourself. My grandfather never graduated HS until he was 35 becuase he wanted to. He is now a retired multi multi multi millionare. My father does not have a single degree in computers (English and History) and he now makes about 85,000 as a web desiner for companies.

I myself learned practically nothing through HS. I took 2 years of French. 4 years latter all I know how to say is Ou a la fromage? which means where is the cheese? I don't even know if fromage is a M or F noun so that la might be a le. I went from a public to a private Christian school because the people in HS were STUPID. They knew nothing and I mean nothing. They at least kept going in hopes of getting that degree. When I went to the Christian school it was soooo easy. The only thing I learned was in Bible class because I didn't know everything from the Bible as opposed to the math book or chemistry or history.

The school I went to was a church and a school in one. School had less than 700 people k-12 and it just so happens that the pastor's daughter was in my graduating class. When we went on our Senior trip we all got in front of eachoerh (about 85 of us) and talked about whatever. She said, "I am just thankful that my great grandfather, grandfather, and father devoted their lives to Christ so I could be blessed unlike you all." This enraged most of us "poorer" people especially me because when my families income was 20,000 dollars (mother, sister, myself) and we were on government help we still tithed to bleach her damn blond hair. It was us who blessed her not her grand pappy (more to the story but I will continue).

2. Defenition of a Christian in most circles is one who accepts Jesus Christ into your heart as your personal savior. That is basically it. You don't even have to follow the Bible as long as you belive in this basic fact.

3. In regards to your African American comments about them being all Chrisitans the answer is quite simple. They have very little and the only thing they can hope for is something better in the next life. That is why blacks in America centuries ago turned to the white man's religion because they were all slaves, worked 18 hours a day, and could die at any time with no rights what so ever. The reason why the white man came to the America's was to be freed of religious persecution. He worked hard at "conquering" the land that their Lord had given them. Now with all our sciences and luxeries we don't rely on God as much as we used to because we feel we don't need him anymore to survive in this world.

4 Genesis 6:1-4

"When men began to increase on earth and daughters were born to them, the divine beings saw how beautiful the daughters of men were and they took wives from among those that pleased them. The Lord said, "My breath shall not abide in man forever, since he too is flesh; let the days allowed him be one hundred and twenty years." It was then, and later too, that the Nephilim appeared on earth - when the divine beings cohabited with the daughters of men, who bore them offspring. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown."

This comes from the beginning of Chapter 6 which as you can see talks about gods having sex with people. Some people belive these gods could be aliens.

5. Finally I noticed that you said you only believe in the Bible and what is in there. My question is, which I have pointed out many times before, is what exactly is the Bible? The Bible today is not what the Bible was years ago. A while ago a group of the most respected Bible scholars got together and went through all possile godly texts and determined whether they were in fact inspired by God or not. That is how we have the current Bible. Many famous spiritual leaders didn't have the same texts we have. Ever heard of Maccabees 1st or 2nd? What about The Prayer of Manasseh? The Widom of Solomon? Well I will tell you for a fact that many people for a long time believed in them and some still do. Apocrypha is only apocrypha now because of what some men said.

Whew that took a lot to say.

BigTeddyPaul

I've said this before "and i'll say it again", the admins or whoever has the power should go and post a sticky thread at the top of the Senate Chambers. The sticky thread would speak of all the subjects which have been banned from the senate chambers because they provoke immature arguements and confrontation. Sure people have the right to freedom of speech, it just gets me sick when they overuse it to bash another person's philosphies..

Originally posted by C'jais

To close?

Or not to close?

The crowd decides.

I was sort of thinking that myself......

I read some insults by a few people earlier. Don't do it again, or i will ban you.

Have a nice day :)

Archived