Home

How I made the Fan Pic 'Under Fire'...

StormHammer

Okay, a lot of people in recent months have asked me (well, bugged me actually) how I actually produced the Fan Pic 'Under Fire', starring your friendly neighbourhood Jedi Mercenary Kyle Katarn.

I have finally given in to demands (the ticking thermal detonator in the plain brown wrapper did it), and produced a rough (and I mean rough) step-by-step guide over at my new web site, which you can view here. Just click on the How to.. link in the menu, and follow your nose from there. ;)

I hope this helps out any of you budding fan artists...and let me know if you need additional content. I can go into more detail if you so desire.

Anyway. There it is. Happy painting. :D

Oooo. Kyle, whoo hoo. Nice. Is it me, or is he always outgunned? :D

PS, since I'm talking about you and Kyle, I can't wait for the next installment of Redemption. Lots of Kyle fanfics get so far, and then they stop.... :(

Perfect it all you want, I know how it is and how long it takes.

Back on topic, excellent work. I like the one in your av, actually. Who is that?

*** By the way, LF member, Ackehallgren, has a Kyle site and I know he'd like to have that as well as your story in the fan art and fan fiction sections... Just a thought.

Hèkx Nòxú... Thanks for reading through it. :)

Katarn07... Don't worry, m8. I'll finish the story. I'm still working on Chapter 2, and plotting the rest...

I've seen Ackehallgren's fan site...and I'll contact him. ;)

Oh, and the pic in my avatar was my first ever attempt at fan art. It was supposed to be Obi-Wan (from TPM) after a real beating from Darth Maul. Of course, the face is completely wrong...and I will eventually get around to changing it...

Originally posted by KingPin

HAHAHA now i know your real name ROBERT

nah im just kidding, thanks for the tut, i was gonna start looking for one soon for making better things in adobe

Glad you found it useful. If you think I should include more detail (like how to actually use each particular tool), then be sure to let me know. :)

As for my real name...it's been no secret since I posted the original Obi-Wan pic. :D

I though I had found chapter 2 on the site cause it was linked and was like, "Whoohoo."

Then I got: Untitled. Coming Soon.

D'oh!

I have known it was Robert, and know his last name too.

If I am lucky and win a contest for the DF mod, I'll get my name in the credits and then, and possibly only then, will you all know my real name. I know some of you might know my first name....

Also, Stormhammer, I don't think your Mara painting is as good as the others... She doesn't look right. But the others are excellent.

Archived