Home

SWGB 2. Should it mix Space combat with ground battles?

Guest DarthMaulUK

I just wanted to mention that this kind of 3D space/ground warfare combination has been done to a certain extent with Imperium Galactica II and III, so it is "do-able", though I stand with all of you with regards to the quality, it would be a shame if such a good concept was ruined with poor execution.

:clone

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gungan starships cough cough.....

If it is a space game then I would like to see some ground based- ion canons. and some way of making it where you don't have to control every little stromtrooper invading a planet.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone considered doing Galactic Battlegrounds 2 like the RIse of Nations Campaign? In RON, instead of having a story based campaign, you play on a world map and move your armies to capture territories, like Risk, but when you try to capture, you play the game. It's a really good idea, and I think it would adapt perfectly to star wars by making it conquer the galaxy. Obviously, there wouldn't be every planet, maybe sectors or something, or just major planets. With this scenario, you wouldn't actually play in space, but it'd be closer to it and it'd be really fun.

I also think they should make an RTS that takes place space.

But combining both would be impossible, and would probably suck. The more they have to think about, the less they think about each thing. It'd be a huge game that wasn't very good and would probably be very buggy.

Has anyone considered doing Galactic Battlegrounds 2 like the RIse of Nations Campaign? In RON, instead of having a story based campaign, you play on a world map and move your armies to capture territories, like Risk, but when you try to capture, you play the game. It's a really good idea, and I think it would adapt perfectly to star wars by making it conquer the galaxy. Obviously, there wouldn't be every planet, maybe sectors or something, or just major planets. With this scenario, you wouldn't actually play in space, but it'd be closer to it and it'd be really fun.

I also think they should make an RTS that takes place space.

But combining both would be impossible, and would probably suck. The more they have to think about, the less they think about each thing. It'd be a huge game that wasn't very good and would probably be very buggy.

• 6 months later...

I wasn't suggesting the RoN engine. I played it. It's not bad, but not all too good either. I was thinking more on the lines of it's 'Conquer the World' style campaigns. But, it would have planets instead of countries, and space instead of oceans that you just skip across. For engine, the total war one, but on a smaller scale. So you don't have just one planets continent. The engine not the size. It needs to be medium scale, not epic.

• 4 weeks later...

That would be so sweet! maybe each team would start out with a mother ship to spawn from and you would hafta distroy it! rebels would get the mon calamari built cruisers, empire would get the big star distroyers, trade federation would get the droid control center, duno wat the clone army would get

Archived