Home

Who has stayed spoiler free?

GothicSith

I would be surpised if anyone is really spolier free. However I've yet to see the new trailer and have not read any media for the last two months or so. I try to stay away from the threads here that ask for info so that I wont be "tainted". So who is almost spoiler free?

I wasn't really referring to story wise but more like the characters, weapons and features of the game. I seen the new site but really turned away quickly as I really don't want to know anymore even though they are not really revealing much. But it will be nice that I see it for the first time when I get the game.

I'd say that I'm still fairly spoiler free........I have to do the reading etc, but I don't feel that the devs are giving away much at all. Not at this point anyways. :)

This will change though when the xbox version is released and I will be moderating the xbox forums. I'm getting it on pc......I'll try not to read too much, but still, I'll be excited for the game and I will want to know things about it. So the goal of staying spoiler free probably won't happen......it sure won't ruin it for me though. :)

He'll type with his eyes closed.

:looks at advertising banner:

Enter the Matrix banner?

Finally a banner I'll click. :D

I wasn't really referring to story wise but more like the characters, weapons and features of the game. I seen the new site but really turned away quickly as I really don't want to know anymore even though they are not really revealing much. But it will be nice that I see it for the first time when I get the game.

Oh, ok. Then I'm totally not spoiler free.:D

I don't mind knowing a general outline of the characters as long as they don't give away the story.

Originally posted by ultimaster

how can u be modding the Xbox forums Leemu?? You sold your xbox and got a new PC!! You can't play it until September or whenever!!

I think Hannibal said it best. :D

Seriously though, somebody will need to be here to mod the new forum [whenever we get it added] because I know Com will be spending his time playing it [which he should be doing] and honestly, I'm not sure if Hannibal has a pc or an xbox....I can't remember. So I'm going to be doing a lot of it. It's going to be a crazy time, that's for sure. :)

I'll be looking to get supermod/admin help during that time. :)

Originally posted by Hannibal

I don't mind knowing a general outline of the characters as long as they don't give away the story.

I understand. For me, however, I stayed away from the last three character outlines so that I can be as surprised as I possibly can. It just adds to the overall impact of the game. In the past that wasn't always so. And I agree it really didn't ruined the experience for me. But I'm sure that it would have been that much more enjoyable if I would see it as the character would see it. I'm trying something different with KOTOR and see where it can take me. Just two more months!!!!!!!!!!!

The best movies are ones that you knew nothing about.

I recently saw Memento and had never heard anything about it. It was great!!! The same thing happened with the Usual Suspects.

Games are probably the same. I can see why you'd want to be spoiler free. :)

I'm not sure if Hannibal has a pc or an xbox....I can't remember.

XBox baby!!!!! I'll drop in to laugh at you PC users.:D:lol::p

j/k

I'll probably be taking class this summer so I'll have to keep my gaming in check. :( So I'll be quasi-active.:)

I have to say cheers to you, GothicSith. It takes some willpower to stay away from spoilers like that :)

Me, I've been hounding myself to almost any preview I can, and thus have been clued in on several parts of the story. However, I'm doing this for two reasons : #1. I am EAGERLY anticipating Knights of the Old Republic, and #2. This way, I avoid spoilers for Episode 3.

You see, when new games were announced like Jedi Outcast, and several new EU books in the NJO, I went after these spoilers like mad. As I went after them, the release date of Episode 2 was a bit of a surprise for me, actually. To that point, I had only seen the breathing teaser once, and that was it(it was rather vague in my mind as well, upon seeing it again years later on the DVD, it was totally different than I could remember). I downloaded and watched the final trailer a few times, and was surprised at what I saw. Still, I had no idea what was going on.

And then I saw Attack of the Clones... and quite frankly, that was one of my best movie experiences ever. I seriously loved the whole tale with Dooku and such, and the battle of Geonosis was the biggest surprise for me. I was SO glad that I didn't know that 200 Jedi would fight in the arena. I was ecstatic when I saw all those Jedi activate their blades. Don't ask me how, but the dozen or so Jedi in the final trailer hadn't given me clue at all. :eek:

So you see, by following spoilers from other SW sources, I avoid spoilers for the main attraction that is Episode 3.

Still, once KotOR is released for the XBox, that'll be it for me. I'll leaving various forums and message boards(including this one, unfortunatley) until I have played and finished KotOR. I don't want to have the entire game spoiled for me.

Don't worry guys....we will have seperate gameplay boards for those who have played the game. We are going to try to make things as spoiler free as we can. One thing you will have to worry about is 'new members' posting a thread in the wrong forum.......but I know that we are going to do our best here. :)

I think its pretty tough to know a lot of the story line even if you have a good understanding of the characters. With all of the varying story paths, the true outcome is nearly impossible to predict. There are to many different speculations out there to really be sure, there are so many good sounding possibilities.

Do we really know any major game spoilers besides what happens 2-3rd's of the way through the game?

Lessee... you are a Jedi at this point :p

Well, the IGN preview did have a spoiler about a rather important even somewhere 2/3rd into the game. I won't mention anything about it tho'

Archived