Home

JkIII combat

darth dot

What do you think will the combat look like? i hope it'll loke much better than in JK2 ,like the fights in Episode I or KOTOR. That would be much more fun than that simple combat.:(

sorry i'm not speaking eglish well, i'm from germany...

I believe in the interview I read they said that saber fighting will be quite similar to JO. A few things will be slightly different, though.

And as far as KOTOR, it is point and click combat, and has no similarities to FPS saber fighting.

um, KOTOR fighting is like pointing and clicking....choose an enemy, then choose what to do (attack, dfened, etc.). If you mean the ep1: TPM game for PC....those sabers stank compared to JO.

:eek: Are you seriouse?!? That's what Kotor's gonna be like?!?

So it's like Diablo or Dungeon seige?!?

Screw that man, I'll get board of that in three hours!!!

Go JKIII!

the saber fighting in JKII was great...maybe they will add more moves in JKIII, that would be great...and more saber colors, like so u can make ur own saber color, just like in those mods i got....

i think they should have better hilts too. And the g_saberrealisticcombat 1 code should be able to cut up better, like straight down someones head or something, like in episode 2 when anakin was cutting up the geanosians. i think its should have better moves, but everything else is good.

I would like to see it more realistic, in that it should be harder to hit someone, and when you finally do you'll probably kill them in a single hit.

How many hit's do they get in the movies, one and thier dead, sometimes no one dies, no hit.

You should have to work harder with combos and moves to get them in a way that they miss thier block.

I would also like to see multiple fighting styles. Like in the comics the more powerful fighting styles can lead you close to the dark side. Or somthin...

I think I read on jediknighsII.com that they were putting alot more into JKIII's saber fighting.

But I don't use sabers, only guns. I hope they don't over ballance it so it's really hard to beat jedi with guns.

JKII I own evryone, just using guns...

Revive the jk1 double swing! :p

This time I think if they add one-hit kill moves such as the dfa to make it actually difficult to pull off and difficult to hit people with. It get's annoying when someone does yellow dfa over and over and over and over.....

and over again.

Revive the jk1 double swing!

This time I think if they add one-hit kill moves such as the dfa to make it actually difficult to pull off and difficult to hit people with. It get's annoying when someone does yellow dfa over and over and over and over.....

JKI double swing? you can double swing in JKII, sut attack left then right. If you time it right, it'll double swing. What the problem is?

dfa? sorry for my incompitance:(

The pink stance one hit kill is hard to time, and easy to dodge. The yellow one is easer to time and harder to dodge, but I don't have a problem with it.

When people do the same thing over and over, that's a perfect time to throw in a thermal detinator. They'll be so buissy doing the same thing over and over, they won't be able to think fast enough to use force push.

So...what the problem is?

JKIII saber combat has to be rebuilt completely from JO, cause right now -let's face it - it's crap. I could probably do more damage with my fists than with a lightsaber. Who's afraid of them, when a bryar pistol can beat it, and you have to hit 50 times in order to kill someone?

I already proposed this system once.

Imagine an air-combat like orientation system: you are the center of the clock, right ahead of you is 12, behind you is 6, left 9, right 3. In order to block a hit, you'll have to face the incoming saber within the arc of 11 to 1 o'clock. If you succeed, the saber does no damage.

If, however, the saber hits you from the sides, you get damaged. 9 and 3 o'clock hits deal good damage, the slightest hit in your 6 means instant death. The farther from 12 o'clock you get hit, the more damage. Hitting a gunner means instant kill(everywhere on his clock).

What this will do, is this. Opponents will try to get on the enemy's 6, twirling around eachother, having to work for your kills, and in the meantime keeping focus on the incoming hits to block them. This will bring back skill and excitement to combat.

Jedi's will be feared again.

I think that things should be more realistic (different kind saber

styles shouldn't make different amounts of damage and there

shouldn't be any attacks which are unblockable)

But different saber styles should affect to how easily they can be

blocked, how easily and how badly they can knock away enemy

saber, how easily and how badly your saber can be knocked, ...

How much damage attacks make/ does it kill or ... should be all

about WHERE it hits and HOW it hits

With HOW i mean does it really go through or does it just touch

( EXAMPLE: if i slash someones stomach with the tip of my saber

it will cause very bad wound, but if i am closer to him and the tip

of my saber will go to other side of that guy then it should cut

him in half and definitely kill him immediately...)

But what kind of attack i use, what saber style i use, did i really

even slash him or did i just turn or walk against someone so that

my saber went through/touched him shouldn't make difference...

With WHERE i mean (Head, Torso, Arm, ...)

No matter if i just touch someones head with saber or if i slash

it in half shouldn't make difference... hit to head should always

be lethal...

If i hit someones torso or arm or leg or... touching may make

lots of damage so that attacking or blocking new attacks will

be extremely hard but if saber goes through and cuts it then

its a kill... (hit to leg might cause that the guy will fall to

the ground...)

Yes, you could kind of double swing in JO, but the problem is that it was slow as hell to even do that. And that is the entire problem, because slow= boring.. JK1's double swing was a great and fun swing. Why didn't they implement that move in the sequel and added other moves who were just as fun?

NF sabering in JO MP is boring imo, because the hit system isn't working very well and the way the saber moves looks more like a heavy sledge hammer than an actual elegant light saber. Just look at the heavy stance.. you press the button, and ±1.5 seconds later the saber actually swings.

It's a game, people want a game to be exciting, fast, making you sit on the edge of your seat, knowing that even the slightest mistake will make you lose... JO MP NF sabers never accomplished that imo. I think the guns and Full Force perhaps did, but No Force sabers? No way... it wasn't fast, it wasn't exciting (because it was too slow), it was just plain boring.

Well guys, first of all we should hope someone of Raven will read all of this :p

Second point :

IMO saber combact is wrong, it's a QUAKE style game, where i shot u several time, and every hit make an amount of damage, and u slowly loose HP till death!.. i think it's preatty difficult to manage with a GOOD saber combact style.

There is another way, supposed by the JO mod MOTFR... the DODGE system!

Basically, in all MARTIAL ARTS style ( punching, kicking, sabering, fighting with staffs ) there is A logical way :

If im in front of my enemy, and i start a punch.. he surely will have 90 % of possibilities to block/avoid that!

That why our REFLEX are able to preview the first move of our enemy, just it become more difficult to preview an immediatly second hit!

Basically, if player A starts rushing the player B with an large amount of punchs and kicks, the player B will rapidly loose concentration and maybe after 5 or 6 combos 1 hit will be able to pass throught the defensive guard and damage.

Now with lightsaber they are deadly, but just not evrytime, maybe u can do a superficial wound, not a deadly one!

I think the best system would be a CORRECT balance between Blocks, Deflection and collisions consequences... but then also a DODGE system bar.

THE DODGE SYSTEM :

It works in this way, u have a bar that DECREASE when u SHOULD BE hit from the swing/shot, obviusly if u attack me with a swing and im in defensive position, i JUST block it without loosing any dodge system point, but just image u attack me with a 3 RED COMBOS.

first swing will break down my guard, second swing will hit directly my body, but the model will do a REALLY FAST dodge ( like matrix ) avoiding the saber, and i'll lost half of my dodge bar ( for example ), third hit will hit me again, and this time my dodge bar will not be enough ( only half ) to avoid all the swing, so a part will be dodged, but a part of the saber will hit me damaging hardly my body!

I think it's a vERY realistic combact couse, if u attack me several times but i'll be able to block/avoid/dodge most of your attack, maybe i can jump and take distances from u to let my DODGE bar slowly recharge.

----

So the concept of the DODGE bar is ( remember the dodge bar slowly recharge ) to simulate the necessary to CRUSH the enemy fight defence/concentration with a rush of strategic assault that will avoid his defence and will force him not to have possibility to dodge more.. it mean TAKE THE SABER ON THE HEAD!.. = DIE

---

Let's think at this :p maybe should work also with guns!

And it will let MEDIKITS be unnecessary, with this system, gunz and saber can also be deadly ( like.. 40 or 50 points for damage ) , just pay attention not to exausth your dodge bar

THey really need to implement a proper anatomical damage system. I shoot you in the head, you die. I shoot you in the foot, you limp a tiny bit. I shouldn't be able to kill te most feared soldiers of the empire by blasting their little fingers. :p Same goes for saber collisions. (I wonder if they can work real dismemberment into that? Chop head off = kill. Chop hand off = less effective saber fighting/gun aiming. Chop leg off = much restricted mobility. And you could shoot someone's [insert body part here] to acheive the same effect. In MP, too.)

Think they can get the blasters to have stun settings? That's always pissed me off, I should be able to stun people. It would probably only knock them down like a strong force push, but that could be extremely effective in combat where seconds matter and you don't have time to pump shots into a guy.

Sabers do too little damage?!? Two red hit's will kill anyone, and theres plenty of one hit kills.

Sure it can always get better but theres nothing wrong with JKII's sabering.

I don't use sabers but that doesn't mean I don't fear Jedi, if a Jedi can get up close to me he ussually kills me in one or two hits. Unless of course your saber attack only has one point to it.

The gun/saber ratio seems quite fair to me.

Archived