Home

MP vs SP

Agen

SP.

There is broadband connection where I live, but it is to my girlfriends room, and is only the 128K connection, so isnt THAT sweet.

Always loved the Ladder maps for JKII, so am hoping that they will be carried on. Great for getting saber practise against decent opponents. The MP bots were just pants in JKII.... Sorry, but I doubt that I am alone.

Its was either Online MP against humans, or SP. The MP bots just did not act anthing like proper humans, on ANY skill setting. Always hesitating and backing awaym, then charging in suicidally!

SP all the way.

grrrr... lost my reply.

SP cos i like a story to my games and my connection sucks.

I might try MP if i absolutely love a game, want more of it and can be bothered making it run smoothly and learning the "scene".

unfortunately jk2 wasn't that game... so i moved onto Chrono Trigger and Deus Ex.

Mainly SP for me too.

I play the Dark Forces series because it is Star Wars, not because it is a FPS. SP has much better Star Wars immersion for me, so I'm drawn to that more. MP is definitely fun too, though...

I completely agree with you Prime.

I am actually shocked about how many people seem to be simply craving another Q3, deathmatch, CTF, multiplayer mayhem game.

While having little interest in Starwars. They all want to complain about MP balancing, and that SP is not that great and doesn't last. True you can only really play through once or twice in SP, but MP to me is not that important. It's definitely fun at LAN parties, but when it comes to MP I go with the exclusive experts. UT2003, BF1942, Q3, etc. Instead of just bitching about how JO is not them. If LucasArts gives Raven the go ahead to contiue the series (BTW JediknightIV.com is registered by LA), then I hope Raven concentrates on a truly great SP game that really immerses you in the StarWars universe. If some company wants to make the ultimate StarWars mulitplayer experience, go for it. Good luck.

I guess the bottom line, is that the great community we have here has a wide variety of interests, so hopefully Raven can please most of us.

My interest in mostly in SP. MP a sort of bonus to me.

that's MHO

Deadeye, you obviously don't play MP to the same depth as some members of our community. Those members play the Dark Forces series online because it has a unique flavour unlike those other games you seem to think are "exclusive experts" to use your words. If MP doesn't interest you, fine. If SP is your main concern and you only want to discuss SP, fine. That's your choice, respect those who choose the alternative please.

Quite honestly, if I read one more post that describes the MP concerns of others as "bitching" I'm going to eat my keyboard.

Unless it's by Detritic, in which case I'll know he's just trying to make me eat my keyboard.

Archived