Home

Bad morning...great evening

Darth Homer

Well, my day balanced itself out nicely...

This morning I go to work (tech support for local supermarket chain for those who don't know/remember). It was going fairly smoothly until we got a call form the store's HQ saying that they are going to reboot every single store's main server at the same time. To add insult to injury, they did it right at lunch time...one of the busiest periods (also note, that this is on a Saturday, the busiest day). Rebooting the servers cause the store's ability to take such things as debit cards, credit cards, & checks go down the tubes (read: CASH ONLY sales). So, all 1400 stores or so call at the same time...we were answering calls as fast as we could for 2 hours (there were about 10 of us on staff at the time). I, probably took as many calls in a 2 hour span as I would all weekend normally.

So, to recap, morning = bad

Now, to make up for that, I decided to head out to the local music festival (the 3 Rivers Music Fest) which is winding up today. Well, I picked a good day. Checking the schedule, I saw that the two bands at the end of the day on the rock stage were The Donnas and Queens of the Stonage! :D After a few local bands and lesser knowns, the Donnas came on and gave a pretty good show, they had a few technical issues, so it wasn't as good as it could have been...and after they were done, on come Queens of the Stoneage (who said that we were the last stop on their US tour) :). These guys just straight out, ****s-to-the-walls rock! Unfortuneatly, no Dave Grohl, but that didn't slow 'em down any...they actually stopped in the middle of No One Knows to get a hurt fan out of the small mosh pit that had formed.

So, to recap, evening = great

All-in-all, it was a good day. :D

Oh, and I'm gonna go out and get QotSA's album now...my god that was awesome...still can't really hear very well... :D:D:D:D

Originally posted by Darth Homer

Well, my day balanced itself out nicely...

This morning I go to work (tech support for local supermarket chain for those who don't know/remember)... So, all 1400 stores or so call at the same time...

So, it's local, but it has 1400 stores...um...do you have a store on every corner???

And I know how you feel, I used to work for a supermarket and the same happened. Had to listen to customers yelling and complaining to no end.:mad: Most of the time, though, only the debit would go down, which was bad enough.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Tune in for next week's episode of "The Real World" starring Darth Homer.:p

Dude! And then Melissa went and like completely destroyed Steven's cd...I was like, whoa, and Steven was like YOU BITCH!!, and Melissa just ran...dude....

:D

At the store I work at, we weren't able to process any credit/debt transactions for the entire Christmas season (Day after Thanksgiving to December 26). We told the phone company that we were having problems, and they said (and I'm quoting) "No you're not. You can't be having problems. No one else is, so you're not."

We were pretty mad.

Originally posted by Darth Homer

ok, it's local as in the east coast local...it's not a nat'l chain, but stores range from Fla up to Maryland. Sorry for the confusion.

ok, i was just curious

hmm...that means I used to work for one of your competing stores, Publix

At the store I work at, we weren't able to process any credit/debt transactions for the entire Christmas season (Day after Thanksgiving to December 26). We told the phone company that we were having problems, and they said (and I'm quoting) "No you're not. You can't be having problems. No one else is, so you're not."

Customer service at its best!:rolleyes::D

To quote Dogbert, "Dogbert's support line, how may I abuse you?"

yeah, we service the Knk's as well, except for the windows pc's with are handled by another co named Hannaford...we're never quite sure who takes care of certain issues with them... :rolleyes: and our nickname for Food Lion is Food Demon (note: that is for all of us peons, mgmt doesn't really use that) :D

Archived