Home

Sabre Throw

griff38

Im glad you like the idea. :)

About the saber being knocked off the opponents hands.. well i kinda thought of that before... but it may make things too complicated.

I only see this fair in 2 ways. Since a 100% sure move to disarm your opponent would probably be spammed over and over (nobody wants that right?) :

*Any move can disarm-> When the saber blade touches the opponents hilt, the opponent is disarmed.

Or...

*A special move -> Causes sabers to lock and they both have to fight for their saber. no matter if player 1 started the disarm... any who loses after saber lock get's disarmed.

Note: Regular saber lock doesnt cause disarm. Only at saberlocks started with a disarm attempt causes the loser to be disarmed... the regular saber lock should still be only a knock down lock.

Cheers.

I've always been a fan of saberthrow and have never really had a problem countering someone that used it a lot.

What I like best about saberthrow is when someone uses lightning or grip, it becomes VERY effective. I've killed many players after being held in the air getting the 'life' choked out of me.

It has to be used strategically in order to be truly effective, however. I like to use it when up close as well as from afar. Often, the other player might not even be aware that I just used throw if I'm close enough. It's also very handy for the player that runs off for health/bacta in the middle of a fight.

Still, I try not to spam it. I certainly don't do the pull/throw move... I find that a bit dishonorable.

I'd like to be able to throw it like a missile with pinpoint aim. That way I can avoid hitting friendlies. Perhaps being able to change the flight path of the saber.

The drawbacks to saber throw are being temporarily unarmed, poor aim (currently), drain on force reserves, and the possibility of losing the saber. Though, I think this last bit is a bug in mods like the admin mod. I laugh everytime I see a player (or myself) running around with an outstreched hand. :p

I don't know if this is possible, but if it is they should make it so that when you are running, the saber is thrown faster. For instance, when you're on a server with restricted force powers (ie only jump and saber powers) and some guy with 5 hp has to run off and get more health, you can follow him, but without guns or force speed, you can't catch him. The saber doesn't go far or fast enough to hit them. In real life, if you run and throw something, it goes farther than if you just throw it. Catch my drift?

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I've always been a fan of saberthrow and have never really had a problem countering someone that used it a lot.

What I like best about saberthrow is when someone uses lightning or grip, it becomes VERY effective. I've killed many players after being held in the air getting the 'life' choked out of me.

Certainly, countering it isn't a problem, and it is very useful in certain situations. The issue is that it is a better attack than the standard swings.

I'd like to be able to throw it like a missile with pinpoint aim. That way I can avoid hitting friendlies. Perhaps being able to change the flight path of the saber.

I believe that with the appropriate levels in Saber Throw, you can control the flight path. Even more than that, the saber homes in on its target.

The drawbacks to saber throw are being temporarily unarmed, poor aim (currently), drain on force reserves, and the possibility of losing the saber. Though, I think this last bit is a bug in mods like the admin mod. I laugh everytime I see a player (or myself) running around with an outstreched hand. :p

But really, these are very minor drawbacks. You are defenceless for less time than you are when you take a normal swing, especially heavy. I have found aiming to be quite easy with practice, and it will home in if you have enough levels. The drain in force hurts, but you can still do it severl times in quick succession. And really, you almost never lose your saber when you throw it. Certainly not as much as in SP.

I just think there needs to be more disadvantages, to discourage players from spaming it.

I suppose I could agree with that. I've just been lucky enough not to have been in a game were someone went around throwing very effectively, I suppose. I don't really compare the spamming of throw to, say, pull/kick and push/pull/backstab, etc. I've actually found myself frustrated at players that continually do this, but I've never bee frustrated at a chronic "thrower."

Actually, now that I think of it, a recent game did involve a player that used pull/throw with some effectiveness, but he only did it a few times. Spamming that would have been frustrating.

I do see your point, however.

I don't really compare the spamming of throw to, say, pull/kick and push/pull/backstab, etc. I've actually found myself frustrated at players that continually do this, but I've never bee frustrated at a chronic "thrower."

I agree that it is the lesser of these evils :)

Originally posted by griff38

I have not found any info regarding new sabre throws. Are we gonna be stuck with the same single throw like in JO?

I have always felt the animation for it was weak. Not to mention the fact there is only 1 throw. It would be nice if we could at least have a different throw for each stance.

How about an overhand or underhand vertical throw instead of it spinning away horizontally?

i liked the saber through, hmmm, what really else can you do, through it like a sprear???? but for the doubel sabers and the staff, saber through might be way cooler

I like saber throw but I think it is overpowered as many other force powers. They shoul be useful "tools", not "weapons" to use instead of a real weapon to win a match.

The ideal level for each force power IMHO are:

- Saberthrow: 1 from SP (no homing, no turning)

- Heal: 3, already toned down a lot

- Mind Trick: 2 from SP

- Absorb: 3, otherwise is quite useless

- Protection: don't know, I never use it

- Grip: 2 from SP

- Lightning: 1 from SP

- Drain: 1, healing shoul be minimal for Dark users since Light users have no aggressive Force Powers

- Rage: don't know, I never use it

- Push: 3 from SP

- Pull: 2 from SP (3 is too effective, in SP regular enemies are no match)

An OT question: anyone knows how to change the force powers levels in each SP level without cheat codes (I.E. you decide when each power and each level is gained)? I'd like to finish the game with my set of force powers. And how can you modify NPC force powers?

Could you expand on this a bit? Either here or by PM?

Thanks

When being gripped if you are unable to push/pull/drain/absorb your way out of it do this:

Put your cross hair right on them.

Hold forward key down.

Press jump rapidly and as fast as humanly possible (just like a saber lock).

When the grip stops if your body contacts theirs you will do between 40-120 damage. The damage all depends on how fast you were pressing jump, the faster you click the more you do.

You have to be standing up when the grip breaks; if you are in the fall animation (after being grip kicked) it won't work.

I’ve lost tons of matches where I snag a guy and start grip kicking him and just as I’m about to land the final kick and win the match, pop he nails me and does 100 damage and wins.

Originally posted by Nemios

I like saber throw but I think it is overpowered as many other force powers. They shoul be useful "tools", not "weapons" to use instead of a real weapon to win a match.

The ideal level for each force power IMHO are:

- Saberthrow: 1 from SP (no homing, no turning)

- Heal: 3, already toned down a lot

- Mind Trick: 2 from SP

- Absorb: 3, otherwise is quite useless

- Protection: don't know, I never use it

- Grip: 2 from SP

- Lightning: 1 from SP

- Drain: 1, healing shoul be minimal for Dark users since Light users have no aggressive Force Powers

- Rage: don't know, I never use it

- Push: 3 from SP

- Pull: 2 from SP (3 is too effective, in SP regular enemies are no match)

An OT question: anyone knows how to change the force powers levels in each SP level without cheat codes (I.E. you decide when each power and each level is gained)? I'd like to finish the game with my set of force powers. And how can you modify NPC force powers?

I'm not sure how you would do it without cheats, but you can set each individiual force level to what you want. The codes are:

Force Grip - setForceGrip {0-3}

Force Healing - setForceHeal {0-3}

Force Jump - setForceJump {0-3}

Force Lightning - setForceLightning {0-3}

Force Pull - setForcePull {0-3}

Force Push - setForcePush {0-3}

Force Speed - setForceSpeed {0-3}

Jedi Mind Trick - setMindTrick {0-3}

Lightsaber Defense - setSaberDefense {0-3}

Lightsaber Offense - setSaberOffense {0-3}

Saber Toss - setSaberThrow {0-3}

You can put these in an autoexec.cfg file, and then they can be set automatically. I've done this with my game, and I'm going through the SP game again as a Jedi Master.

I don't know how to edit specific NPC force powers, but you can change their difficulty in the NPC.cfg file.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Originally posted by Prime

I'm not sure how you would do it without cheats, but you can set each individiual force level to what you want.

You can put these in an autoexec.cfg file, and then they can be set automatically. I've done this with my game, and I'm going through the SP game again as a Jedi Master.

I don't know how to edit specific NPC force powers, but you can change their difficulty in the NPC.cfg file.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks for the help. I already read this solution in another post (from you!) making some research in the forums. But what I'd like to have is a little bit different. I'd like to start as usual without force powers but avoid the increase of a force level above the level I like. In simple words, I'd like to set another max level for each force power. This would require to retouch the force level of NPC too, otherwise the game would be much more difficult. In particular (to re-enter in topic a bit :D ) I hate the homing saber of Desann!

Archived