Home

MI1 and MI2 Link?

Personally, I think 2 follows on from 1 smoothly, and its a good and logical place to pick up the story again, and there isn't really much explanation needed, in my view, anyway.

Guybrush achieves 15 mins of fame and therefore fortune after defeating Lechuck, and in the ensuing period, feeling quite pleased with himself and now extremely confident of his abilities, decides to go and try to find the legendary Big Whoop. As for Elaine, something happened and they split acrimoniosly - not unheard of! Though they still have strong feelings for eachother, and it's obviously unfinished business.

I always took Largo to be Lechucks right hand man when he was a regular human pirate, too, yeah. One of the best things about these games though, is that the individual can interpret things however they want, its all good!

I would imagine Guybrush lived a life of extreme Guybrush pirateing, that including finding loads and loads of cash sitting around here.

Perhaps LeChuck was a family friend of the LeGrande's? Largo's relatives were surely evil (shown in MI2) so perhaps this is to pay back an old favor of an old friend? Personally, you would think that LeChuck could find a better right hand man then one that terrorizes a small island with few inhabitants.

Maybe orginally, Largo was supposed to be LeChuck's brother, but they changed it and forgot to tell the packaging company and the magazines (?)

God, its late, so my brain is fried enuf to say this...I see odd plot twists if Largo is LeChuck's brother, so that would make Guybrush their brother, and that would make me go to bed. ZZZ

Originally posted by Laserschwert

I'm really thinking about creating a Monkey Island fan-game which fills this gap. It would start exactly where part one lefts off, and ends with Guybrush sitting around the campfire with Bart and Fink... telling his LeChuck stories yet another time. It would be really fun I guess... but I have such little time, and it would be hell of a lot of work... though I would really LOVE doing it...

BUT, most Monkey Island fan-games were shut down by Lucasfilm, and especially something this close to the original characters would not be very well recieved by them, I guess.

its been done. Some guy named DataDog made a game called "The Devils Triangle", which does just that.

I'd check it out first to make sure you don't indirectly plagireyes...

i think you can still download at his site...can't find the link...need sleeppp....

Archived