Home

Woah... TRIGUN IS AWESOME!!!

Lunatic Jedi

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar

I mean, like sexual dialogue, nudity?

Cuz, I'm not supposed to see that stuff at my age, is there any of that stuff in Trigun?

That's a good point. The anime makers are more lenient in the ways of... ahem... women's bodies and sexual situations. A lot of anime that's 13+ should be 18+ due to the violence, sexual content, and dialog. I wasn't allowed to watch anything PG13 when I was 12 (that included Back to the Future back-in-the-day). We've come a long way since then. I think we've lowered the bar on what's acceptable nowadays (Girls Gone Wild?).

Trigun is a futuristic western with a sci-fi twist. You will see the typical "hot" chic from time to time, but thanks to Vash's antics, they usually run away quickly.

To sum it up a little better I made a recipe...

Trigun a la Vash:

1) One bumbling-blonde-clown-saint-devil of a man wrapped in red. This one's a little pricy ($$60,000,000,000 to be exact)

2) Two cups cheesy comedy. Extra cheese required

3) ¾ pinch of western gun slingers. Add a dash of post apocalyptic sci-fi drama for fun.

4) A barrel of super-bad dudes with serious issues.

5) A handful of heroins, dames, and damsels in distress.

6) Bake under the sun of a distant planet in the future and cool in the light of the twin moons.

7) Serve with a psychotic twin brother on the side.

Mmmmmm...... smell that gun powder!

Put the kids to bed cause we're having Trigun tonight!

Thanks Chief for the info. Good recipie too!

I went to a store yesterday. nd they had like 10 Trigun DVD's at 25 bucks each. Put that together....250 bucks. Should I just download the episode (Since I am svaing up for a car for when I'm 16)

Tonight's episode was "Live Through," and I have to say, it was awesome!

The way Meryl sort of became Rem in that one moment... deep dude... deep... :eek:

Except for this one bit... that night when Vash was sitting on that ridge singing that song that reminded him of Rem, and then Meryl came and started singing it too... then the next morning Meryl's late for for work. Her excuse? "Sorry I'm late I didnt' get much sleep last night."

Whuzzuh-wuhhhhh??? :eek:

Vash, you sly dog you. :naughty:

Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi

Tonight's episode was "Live Through," and I have to say, it was awesome!

The way Meryl sort of became Rem in that one moment... deep dude... deep... :eek:

Except for this one bit... that night when Vash was sitting on that ridge singing that song that reminded him of Rem, and then Meryl came and started singing it too... then the next morning Meryl's late for for work. Her excuse? "Sorry I'm late I didnt' get much sleep last night."

Whuzzuh-wuhhhhh??? :eek:

Vash, you sly dog you. :naughty:

Lol, that'll be the day. If Vash gets punched for hugging her too long then there's no chance for our hero of getting any more. :)

The next episode, Under the sky so blue, is probably the best episode of the series. It covers most of what happened from proj. S.E.E.D.S. to today (130 years). Not to mention the final showdown between Vash and Knives.

After seeing the entire series three times there are some things I still wonder about...

One question I have, for the hardcore Trigun fans, what is with Legato? He can home in on Vash because he attached Vash's right left arm to his body, but how did he come to be. He obviously share's Knives' idea of the future and Vash's sence of immortality. He has mentioned being non human like Vash, but I'm still curious. :confused:

Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar

Thanks [RAA]-=Chi3f=- for the info. Good recipe too!

I went to a store yesterday. and they had like 10 Trigun DVD's at 25 bucks each. Put that together....250 bucks. Should I just download the episode (Since I am svaing up for a car for when I'm 16)

AG: I bought three DVDs online (at different times) for less than $15 a piece. The first and last dvds (1 and 8) have 4 episodes while 2 through 7 have 3 a piece. I felt that $5 an episode was worth the price. You can buy the imported box set for much less, if you're into jap+ eng subtitles. Anime is only worth watching in jap with no subtitles, imho :)

By the numbers:

At the store you pay $25 each x 8 dvds = $200+ tax

At the store buy the box set for $199.99+ tax

Online get lucky and find each episode for $15 x 8 = $120

Go here and get the entire box set for $40!

I wish I looked more carefully before I bought those dvds. I bought the Neon Genesis: Evangelion box set for $60 unopened (English). That's $130 off the retail price. Wooo Hooo!

Simply put, Knives discovered Legato's psychic abilities when he first met him, so he decided to take him in and raise him in Knives' own sick twisted beliefs.

I'm not just saying this because it's what I believe, I'm saying this because this is what I know is true. I had a good buddy I used to duel with at the Zone before I came to the forums, who was so interested in Legato himself, that his in-game name became known as SITH_Legato.

The first time we met, we were opponents in a match, and boy was he ever skilled in the saber! For a couple times we met online to test each other's JO strength. The 2nd time I met with him, I had asked him why he named his in-game self as SITH_Legato. He then told me about the anime we know as Trigun, which back then I had never heard about. He told me lots of things about most of the characters and other stuff, and how Legato came to be.

That is how I knew about it before I had even watched it. :cool:

I like spinny Vash.

Okay, I saw "Under the Sky So Blue" last night (I would have posted sooner, but the boards suddenly went down for a bit).

SWEET FLAMING CHEESE-ENCRUSTED MONKEY TURD ON A STICK!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Still, I'm left with a few unanswered questions:

1. What are Vash and Knives? Are they aliens, androids, cyborgs, angels of some kind, what? :confused:

2. Was Knives dead or just injured?

3. WHY DID VASH DROP HIS TRENCHCOAT?! His trenchcoat is so cool, and he LEFT IT!!! Some people... :rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way, COME ON CHIEF! JUST ADMIT IT! :p Look at the circumstances! Okay, Vash and Meryl, sitting on a moonlit ridge, singing a beautiful song! As if that weren't enough, Meryl reminds him of his long-lost love. That's a guaranteed recipe for romance!

Oh, and need I remind you that Meryl's excuse for being late was "I didn't get much sleep last night."

DIDN'T GET MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO YOU CHIEF?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?! :eek:

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT IT MEANS! IT MEANS... buh...

*Twitch twitch, seizure*

Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi

*Twitch twitch, seizure*

lol... let's face it if Vash got lucky he'd probably be gitty like a school girl while Meryl denied the whole thing. I think it happened after the last show down after Knives died. He seemed to wrapped up with the death of Legato and his brother to be involved like that. :) Besides they're both goody-2-shoes. It was obvious with Milly and Wolfwood. I think that if they really did they would have made a bigger deal about it. Couldn't you picture Vash running around saying "I got some! I got some!" while Milly watches Meryl blush and deny it.

Vash and Knives are experimental humans, created to help mankind. Since they were so pure they eventually went both ways, pure good and pure evil (like angels). One was filled with hatred and mallice towards mankind while the other believed in helping people and would rather die than to hurt somebody.

That's the second coat Vash had. Another one was totally destroyed in a gun fight. He can always get another one made :D

Can't wait till Trigun X comes out! :cool:

Oh, so Knives died? Darn. That makes me feel kinda... :ball: I always had that feeling that he could have been saved.

I still don't see why he dropped the trenchcoat, sure he could have another one made, but what was wrong with the other one? Except for the... completely destroyed right sleeve... never mind.

Couldn't you picture Vash running around saying "I got some! I got some!" while Milly watches Meryl blush and deny it.

Yes I can... and it makes me laugh SO much. :rofl:

*Vash and Meryl run through the thread*

Vash: I GOT SOME I GOT SOME!!!

Meryl: NO YOU DIDN'T!!! Erm... he really didn't... GET BACK HERE!

*Yelling fades off into the distance, followed by a long, uncomfortable silence*

Lunatic: BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! :rofl:

You should! :rofl:

I originally had a good one, but I forgot to sign in! :animelol:

Anyways, I just thought of a new joke that replaces some Trigun characters with local Swampies!

[Legato strides through the forums, looking for Lunatic Jedi the Stampede]

[Legato] : I know you are here, Lunatic Jedi, in this thread somewhere......

[Lunatic, hiding in Topshot's story thread]: Damn it! How'd he know I was here?????

[Legato] : What is it that makes you so afraid, Lunatic? Is it because I killed your travelling priest friend, Topshot D. Wolfwood? Or is it because I killed your other friend "Mod Stun Gun" LeXX?

-Lunatic appears behind Legato, Vash's pistols in his hands-

[Lunatic] : Shut your pie hole, Legato!

[Legato] : Go ahead, use them, or would you rather have me kill all of your other friends?

-Lunatic begins to squeeze the triggers.-

[Lunatic] : Actually, I'm not Lunatic Jedi!

[Legato] : Then who are you?

-Lunatic pulls off what appears to be a mask, revealing himself to be Vash.-

[Vash] : I'm your worst nightmare! Now all of your senseless killings will come to an end! You never really killed LeXX or Topshot. Instead, you killed Milly and Nicholas D. Wolfwood.

[Legato] : Crap! They're still alive?

[Vash] : Yes they are, thanks to a friend the people at the Swamp call "The Humanoid Ty-Spoon", or Agen_Terminator, in other terms.

[Legato] : Damn him!

-Legato forces a large amount of psychic energy onto, and evidently killing, himself.-

[Vash] : I wonder what I wouldn't do without my look-a-like, Lunatic Jedi? Oh well, time to go get some!

Originally posted by topshot

You should! :rofl:

I originally had a good one, but I forgot to sign in! :animelol:

Anyways, I just thought of a new joke that replaces some Trigun characters with local Swampies!

[Legato strides through the forums, looking for Lunatic Jedi the Stampede]

[Legato] : I know you are here, Lunatic Jedi, in this thread somewhere......

[Lunatic, hiding in Topshot's story thread]: Damn it! How'd he know I was here?????

[Legato] : What is it that makes you so afraid, Lunatic? Is it because I killed your travelling priest friend, Topshot D. Wolfwood? Or is it because I killed your other friend "Mod Stun Gun" LeXX?

-Lunatic appears behind Legato, Vash's pistols in his hands-

[Lunatic] : Shut your pie hole, Legato!

[Legato] : Go ahead, use them, or would you rather have me kill all of your other friends?

-Lunatic begins to squeeze the triggers.-

[Lunatic] : Actually, I'm not Lunatic Jedi!

[Legato] : Then who are you?

-Lunatic pulls off what appears to be a mask, revealing himself to be Vash.-

[Vash] : I'm your worst nightmare! Now all of your senseless killings will come to an end! You never really killed LeXX or Topshot. Instead, you killed Milly and Nicholas D. Wolfwood.

[Legato] : Crap! They're still alive?

[Vash] : Yes they are, thanks to a friend the people at the Swamp call "The Humanoid Ty-Spoon", or Agen_Terminator, in other terms.

[Legato] : Damn him!

-Legato forces a large amount of psychic energy onto, and evidently killing, himself.-

[Vash] : I wonder what I wouldn't do without my look-a-like, Lunatic Jedi? Oh well, time to go get some!

um okay

anyway Im pissed because they started over again damnit

Archived