Home

Slicing stuff in half

TheHobbit

Originally posted by griff38

Open your consol and use these commands to activate dismemberment animations.

\cg_dismember 300

\g_dismember 300

I believe that anything above 3 is the same. IIRC:

0 = no dismemberment

1 = cuts off hands

2 = cuts off legs and arms

3 = cuts off heads and torsos

cg_dismember and g_dismember are enough for multiplayer.

Saberrealisticcombat is for single player, and in fact it is very different. When it is on, an "idle saber" in single player does damage to enemies (notice that without it, an idle saber doesn't kill enemies, it only makes them groan and complain... though if you ignite your saber right on somebody they die, or if you touch them with the blade after they have "surrendered" they also die from a touch).

This means that with Saberrealisticcombat you can simply touch an enemy with your saber and have them literally fall apart before your eyes (and you can sometimes cut up bodies too).

Dismemberment in MP is less extreme, at the highest settings letting you cut off an arm, hand, leg, head, or cut them in half with the death blow from a lightsaber.

PS: Saberrealisticcombat increases the damage of the saber in general (not sure if this applies to enemies sabers or just your saber), making the game somewhat easier (heh).

Originally posted by Kurgan

This means that with Saberrealisticcombat you can simply touch an enemy with your saber and have them literally fall apart before your eyes (and you can sometimes cut up bodies too).

I used to play SP with this on. After a while I found it to be really overkill (no pun intended). I find sticking to just the dismemberment to be much more "realistic". Your milage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RocketPack Jack

I've actually used the following:

'/g_saberrealisticcombat 1' to turn dismemberment on '0' to turn it off. Any1 else use this?

:duel:

I used g_saberRealisticCombat 20 but only dismemberment works

on MP.

• 2 weeks later...

i use g_saberrealisticcombat 2 put it raises the damagae, i dont want the damage raised, i just want things to fall of when i kill them. i like long battles with reborns.. more fun. not run up hack his head off and its over...just dull.

\cg_dismember 300

\g_dismember 300

^^^ Do those make things fall off but NOT raise damage???

ok its tikkin me off. i put

\cg_dismember 3 and \c_dismember 3 i tried using 1 then the other then both. they wont work, what EXACTLY do i put to cut peopel up? in SP NOT mp, and i won tuse Saberrealistic, caus ei dnt want damaged hiked

I took the more tedious and longer path to my dismemberment. I simply edited the npc.cfg file and set all the dismemberment possibilities of all the characters to 100 ... so now I get the whole battle and the loss of limbs.

Originally posted by Durocha

I took the more tedious and longer path to my dismemberment. I simply edited the npc.cfg file and set all the dismemberment possibilities of all the characters to 100 ... so now I get the whole battle and the loss of limbs.

That will only work if dismemberment is on in the first place. It merely increases the probabilities that something will be dismembered. It does not turn dismemberment "on".

Is dismemberment prevented if cheats aren't enabled? I can't quite remember...

all i know is i cant dismember anyone unless i use g_saberrealisticcombat and i dont liek it because it hikes the damage up.

also another question, i read it somewhere but i forgot, when two sabers are locked, what so you press to push him back, whenever i get saberlocked he pushes me back and then slices me in the gut. and insta dead. what do i press to push back?

also, one time i knocked a reborn down and ran over and started to hack at him, then i did this cool finishing move where i swung my saber around and straight down on top of him and stabbed him in the chest......i have NO clue how i did it, how do you do finishing moves when the enemy is down?

i wouldve edited that post ^ but it wouldn't let me

try putting devmapall first. then put g_dismemberment it doesnt work for me though.

i stood above him while he was lying there, had the saber in my right hand twirled it like i was putting it away then he garbbed it with both hands like a dagger and jabbed it into his chest.

btw what are credits for? under my avatar..

oh but i dowloaded the jedimod++ v2.2 so some cheats dont need the devmapall stuff. and since i downloaded it i cant use the red saber style special move and that sucks!:mad:

that sounds so cool!! pity u dont know how u did it!

credits?......iono

Archived