Home

wall float?

Lightsaberboy

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

so the exploit that gives you an invisible damage shield around you that does 25-50 damage PER "hit" shouldnt be bannable either? Since everyone else can do it? It's far too easy to do.....EVERYONE can do it. Soon, the entire game will be filled with exploiters since everyone can. (Btw this is a real exploit. I can show it to you, but wont show HOW to do it, you can even get saber kills while holding a rocket launcher).

It's an exploit, simply put, and it's bannable.

although I was NOT refering to the saber shwild thingy whatever it is i have no clue. It is only an exploit if people exploit it. It is the same thing with the backstab in blue stance EVERYBODY complained about it...and it was so scorned uppon that even if you used it at a legitimate time you were scolded.

Put it this way, if I can do it...you can do it...then its fair. Now if somehow I made it so that I could do things that you COULDNT do..THEN i would agree that it isnt fair.

I have not played JK2 in like 8 months, so I dunno if there is some crazy patch that makes the game weeniefied even more (like 1.04 did) Geez people will NEVER be sastified with videogames. Lookat counterstrike, you cant even get a head shot without being called a cheat :rolleyes:

RP, take a chill pill, this manouver does no damage to anyone unlike your saber bug, you are going to ban someone for doing a move that will more likely put them in danger than not? - redicluous. also as i keep saying it provides ZERO tactical advantage, theres no way to use it to any overwhelming advantage over your opponent, and if the opposite team allows you to wall float from base to base without intercepting you, then they really shouldnt be playing jk2.

dude, I'm saying, if you do it, you're risking getting banned. It is an exploit and some admins look at it that way.

I'm not an admin...I'm not gonna ban anyone. Stop pointing fingers at me, I'm just warning him.

If I WAS an admin, yes, I would, because it's just as bad as the invis-o-saber...a bug, that is exploited, to get an advantage. Something not intended.

As for "if anyone can do it, it's fair"... same goes with downloading hacking programs. Hey, if anyone can download it, everyone should be able to hack as fair-game.

Then you'll say

"not everyone has the hack program"

well, not everyone knows about the bug to exploit it either.

THAT, is why it's bannable. It gives you an advantage that most JK2 players have no idea how to get. Just look at this post, he doesn't know.

i tried it on my own, and now im bored with it. lol i also dont find a use for it in ffa, which i play usually.

still, it's amazing how that happens. it reminds me of when you jump in water and hold the jump button, then you fly out like a dolphin, and can repeat over and over!

for the last time THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE, its hardly on the same level as this saber bug, which you say dishes out huge quantities of damage. no-one goes out into a game to intentionally only use wallfloat as a means to win, i can see ppl using this saber bug to get cheap wins / points whatever, but there is no way you can go into a game of CTF or FFA and use wall-floaT constantly to win.

actually there is an advantage ;)

I use it as protection against pull-whores, if there is a jump which is commonly guarded by pullers, I will hold jump just that extra bit longer so that I have some kind of defense against the inevitable pull, it's not reliable given the unpredictable nature of pull itself, but it helps.

Not once has using the glide alone given me an easy win in a game, since generally if an enemy is good enough to beat you, they will win regardless of use of wall-float. Wall-Float is Tactical, but it's not Strategic, it has no effect on the outcome of a game.

Ok, just dug up a short vid of mine which demonstrates a few simple wall floats, you might notice that most of them give no advantage in a game except for camping (which lets face it, holds no problems for a decent player to remedy).

Jump #:

1) Reverse Flag run on Bespin Pipes, no actual float here, a useful trick though

2) Warring Factions wall float, probably the most exploitable, but any player can thwart your efforts with pull/push.

3) Nar Streets fun floating, only real use is to get you from one part of the top level to the other

4) Bespin Towers floats, everyone knows this one, almost no use in a game

5) Warring Factions float run (easy version), absolutely no use in a game since it makes you move about 1/4 of the speed as rage-running.

http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~csuccf/5jumps.avi

Wall floating a ban worthy bug, that's just silly.

Wall floating, the invisible saber bug, being able to jump up into the ramp ledge on duel_pit and fly across to the other side, throwing a saber side stepping and having it spin around you, these are all just silly little tricks you see newbies playing with on servers. Nothing more nothing less really.

You want to talk about exploits, try scripted team energize double bound to every single action and movement key, try the rocket homing bug. Those types of things can totally screw a match all to hell.

But I don't think I've ever seen a CTF match won because of wall floating. And just try to go to any FFA server where people are actually playing (rare but there are a few) and you will end up dead last if you try to get all your kills from an invisible saber bug.

I know what you mean; I just meant it is something that really is more of a "trick" than a "strategy" or exploit/hack.

Things like strafe jumping, rocket jumping (in other games like Quake 3) are essential to game play and without using them you really are at a disadvantage.

And while yes the wall float looks cool and I'm sure you could pull off some great caps with it and get out of some tight situations, I don't think most games are going to be decided on who can do it better.

I've played Quake 3 since it came out and am very familiar and fond of the skill and timing trick jumping takes but I've never won or lost a match based on who could wall ride with the plasma gun the best.

I never hear about wall float before, but after seeing DeTRiTiC-iQ

video I get an idea, the first one its really common (on bespin) it doesn't nedd speed or rage, a simple jump works and fair move, the others (ns) are a bit tricky but really I don't care about that.

About the invisible saber bug...

I don't understand the problem. ...if you're dueling with someone, how could this bug affect you? Is it customary to hug saber off for 5 minutes before each fight?

How about FFA's?! Who in his right mind would put out his saber and just stand there while an opponent rubs his invisible saber against you??? :confused:

I'm really confused. The invisible saber is not any more of a threat than the stun baton. How many times have you guys been killed by the stun baton?

We are talking about Jedi Outcast here, right? A FPS game where you play deathmatches against others armed with sabers, guns and the force? :rolleyes:

Where it is used (and well done I would say) is on those saber off = peace servers.

You take 11 guys standing around spinning like ballet dancers or standing around with sabers off and add a dude using that bug and it's really fun entertainment, especially if the 11 or so don't know what's going on.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

I'm really confused. The invisible saber is not any more of a threat than the stun baton. How many times have you guys been killed by the stun baton?

Once, and I get about 7 kills with it per game if I actually have it :)

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

Once, and I get about 7 kills with it per game if I actually have it :)

Yeah but that don't count, 'cause you exploit the wall float bug. Try playing honourably instead and I guarantee you you won't get 7 kills per game! :p:D

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Yeah but that don't count, 'cause you exploit the wall float bug. Try playing honourably instead and I guarantee you you won't get 7 kills per game! :p:D

all RPG saberists must die!!! :swear:

:mob::explode:

a big WTF wall float is a part of the GAME. its not a cheat, if some one is able to win cus of this, it means your are a crappy little player that needs to let go of mummy skirt and take that dummy out of your arse.

I have used wall float to escape with a flag YES, that's because the opposite team could not be arsed to try and win by score, and instead had about 6 players standing on bespin platform pushing and pulling. I use absorb to get across, yep its not cheating when you look like your jumping in mid air, but more to the fact that you have 3 plus players all trying to pull you down but has the opposite reaction when some one is holding jump down with absobe on, then getting to the window, if I am lucky I will make it to the lip below the window and able to wall float to the window. Cheat no way, pull and push users :) I like you, you help me keep my force up so I can run away real fast :p

now if you get a good player (virus comes to mind here) he will own you by blowing your little arse away. and if your on a saber only map, learn to kick.

man its all the same with the rpg players... ban this ban that cry cry fecking cry stay to your little rpg servers and stay out my way

no wonder they gave up with the game, if the rpg players had it there way the only thing left to use in the game would be the stun baton.

Originally posted by Tosh_UK

a big WTF wall float is a part of the GAME. its not a cheat, if some one is able to win cus of this, it means your are a crappy little player that needs to let go of mummy skirt and take that dummy out of your arse.

I have used wall float to escape with a flag YES, that's because the opposite team could not be arsed to try and win by score, and instead had about 6 players standing on bespin platform pushing and pulling. I use absorb to get across, yep its not cheating when you look like your jumping in mid air, but more to the fact that you have 3 plus players all trying to pull you down but has the opposite reaction when some one is holding jump down with absobe on, then getting to the window, if I am lucky I will make it to the lip below the window and able to wall float to the window. Cheat no way, pull and push users :) I like you, you help me keep my force up so I can run away real fast :p

now if you get a good player (virus comes to mind here) he will own you by blowing your little arse away. and if your on a saber only map, learn to kick.

man its all the same with the rpg players... ban this ban that cry cry fecking cry stay to your little rpg servers and stay out my way

no wonder they gave up with the game, if the rpg players had it there way the only thing left to use in the game would be the stun baton.

ok I know its not all rpg players, and yes some of the players out there that are unable to learn to counter movers are at fault to, but it makes me a little mad when I see posts like this one.

people stop with the I don't like that move Ban them attitude

DeTRiTiC-iQ he is good with Gun, and gets me most times.. cant think of there name now but uses the sniper rifle gets me most times when others cant to i think they was in the clan sc or some thing like that.

BTW the best trick i saw on bespin to stop wall climbing is....... ummm ok i am not going to say :p as i like that map to much hehehehe

Archived