Home

Bounty Hunters = Criminals??

waffleman

Ok, im fed up with all the newb PAs saying, "criminal organization, smugglers, killaz, and bounty hunters!"

what? I dont get it, the bounty hunters are thier to work for them to take out other smuggling operations, kill other killaz? Which means that the bounty hunters should just work on the side and not join any PA unless its a strictly a BH PA. So words of warning to all bounty hunters, your not criminals, think of yourselves as well paid law enforcement officers. :D

Bounty Hunting is a way of life I guess. How would it be incriminating if lets say a Senator hire's a BH and asks him to take out threats. The other side of it is, if your a bounty hunter and just kill everything that walks on two feet (or more) then yes that is incriminating. But if you know your role and play it right, there's nothing wrong with Bounty hunters. (out of curiosity - what is 'PA'?)

Player Assosiation = PA, its like a clan or group of people who work together for the better good ( or bad) of themselves or others. They all hang out in the same server, saying " Ok, so whatya wanna do?" "I dunno, whatawanna do?" :p

Hey, ive got a PA too now come to think of it

I think BHing is legal, as long as you don't kill anybody other than the bounty (like bro said). Hell, they've got Bounty Hunters now-a-days that work along with police.

I know what you mean waffleman. Before I was looking for a Mercenary guild, and all of them said "We're blood thirsty criminals who will do anything for money, blah blah blah." Grrr....

I hope all Bh's are reading this because you are getting just the kind of prase that you deserve. Yes it is true that Fett was out to kill Solo but it is also true that outher bounty hunters were working fo rebels ever hear of Lom-4. While I don't plan on becoming a BH I will give them the respect they deserve just as i would to a jedi. That dosen't mean that kill the ocasional Bh or Jedi afterall if they get the Idea to go after my head I will protect myself. But' for all pratical purposes just lay off insulting the OK.

BOTD

Bounty hunters are legal greifers. Which is fine because they can omnly attack the peopel they are chasing, not everyone.

But, I am not quite sure that I am sold on bounty hunters yet.

THink about it like this....there are 2 friends, and they are greifers. They take their time and build up 2 very powerful bounty hunters. Whats to stop them from paying each other 1 credit each to go kill some innocent guy down the street, then meet back up and exchange names and put a hit on 2 more innocent people?

I'm still of the opinion that bounty hunters should only recieve their killing instructions from NPC's, who are not biased in their decisions to kill people.

THink about it like this....there are 2 friends, and they are greifers. They take their time and build up 2 very powerful bounty hunters. Whats to stop them from paying each other 1 credit each to go kill some innocent guy down the street, then meet back up and exchange names and put a hit on 2 more innocent people?

You can't just put a bounty on someones head, it doesn't work that way.

Set will be along to explain it in more detail I'm sure.

I simply haven't got the time right now. :D

So much... incorrect information...setsuko on overdrive... :D

Ok, seriously though.

First thing you completely missed: a bounty can't be declared just like that. A bounty can only be declared when A: a person fails to complete a mission given to them by a NPC, or B: a person fails to complete a mission given to them by another player. You can't just grief players by declaring bounties all the time. Bounties are a punishment for taking missions that you can't complete. When you accept the more dangerous missions, you pay a fee to get the mission. When you complete it, you get the fee back and you also get the reward. If you fail, you risk having the fee becoming a bounty on you. If you took a dangerous but well rewarding job from a crime lord, the fee will be larger. Therefore, you'll get a larger bounty if you fail, so you'll get a more powerful bounty hunter after you. After all, an experience bounty hunter won't take a job that earns him 200 creds.

There might be other instances where a bounty is declared, such as if you reach a high rank in a faction or if you become a notorious jedi. But that is up to the GM's, it's nothing we can declare.

Second thing you completely missed: you can't walk around "killing everything that walks on two feet (or more)". Yes, the bounty hunter is an exception to the rule that you can only attack people who let you attack. But only the exact person on which you have a bounty mission.

I hope that straightened out a thing or two, after all, Gaarni told me to since he didn't have time to do it himself! ;)

ok.. my 2 cents coming up :D

1st @ waffleman

BH's CAN join PA's where there are other smugglers or 'killaz' as you so nicely described. you can PICK OUT the bounty you want. It doesnt mean you are gonna WACK a guy on your own site just because your a bounty hunter. you choose your misison yourself.

2nd @ GreenJediGrinch

The reason it cant be done is because on release, player missions are not in yet :(. sorry pall.. and believe me... the devs arent that stupid to have overlooked it... they will find a way to correct your situation.... so for the start of the game.. your situation is just NOT possible.

-Wraith 8-

Let me clarify....she said that a bounty cannot be placed on someone's head for no reason.......why not? How will the game know what are valid reasons for a bounty and whats not?

These are the valid reasons, which she did list:

A: a person fails to complete a mission given to them by a NPC,

or

B: a person fails to complete a mission given to them by another player.

Both these are the only reasons, that we know of so far, that bounties on players can be issued.

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

And it's been hinted on official forum's that if your rich enough you may pay a bounty hunter the cash to kill anyone ;)

who hinted that? the devs or a member? :D it is a big differebce if a member did it :D

Originally posted by Kaiser Spaso

ok this is my thought about BH PA's..........................They won't work. BH's are loners for a reason...........So they don't have to share the bounty.....does this make sense to any of you?

:lsduel:

:yodaball:

No it doesn't how would you like it if i said Jedi don't work:mad: SO please go off the bounty hunter issue :)

BH's are loners for a reason...........So they don't have to share the bounty.....does this make sense to any of you?

Yes ... if we were talking about real life bounty hunters.

But this is a game, and the people playing is fixed on one thing: To have fun. Granted, some think it's fun to solo a bounty hunter, but you're not forced to do so.

Originally posted by Kaiser Spaso

i hope all the BH's turn and blast each other in the face

Well that isn't going to happen:)

1:Bounty Hunter's can only shoot bounty's they have accepted.

2:I doubt it Bounty Hunter's will turn agaist one another.

Hope that clear's The Bounty Hunter Issue up for you :).

Archived